• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUSION presents: UCI SMASH! Saturday, Feb 27th.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i might be running a little late caues of work, i'll let zhu know though when i should be getting off

i won't know till i'm actually at work :/

melrak90

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure as long are you're registered before brackets are set-up, you'd be good to go

spreedom

Smash Cadet
For people only doing singles, is it necessary that we show up at 11 for registration, or can we just walk in the door before it starts?
yeah if i pre-registered on the site, do i have to show up at 11? i wanna come when singles starts.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
yeah if i pre-registered on the site, do i have to show up at 11? i wanna come when singles starts.
If you're pre-registered, you'll be accounted for the singles bracket. THere's going to be like an hour break between doubles and singles, so you should come in between then at least.

There'll also be a doubles and singles sign-in sheet(s) when you get to the venue.

Also, sorry for late post, Fridays are rather busy for me :ohwell:

spreedom

Smash Cadet
If you're pre-registered, you'll be accounted for the singles bracket. THere's going to be like an hour break between doubles and singles, so you should come in between then at least.

There'll also be a doubles and singles sign-in sheet(s) when you get to the venue.

Also, sorry for late post, Fridays are rather busy for me :ohwell:
thx, i have to do something before the tourney so i'll arrive when singles starts with another setup.

Devl_akuma

Smash Rookie
Great tourney! First tournament I was at with a bunch of high-profile players. Ending for both doubles AND singles was crazy. :) Can't wait to see the vids up.

Shoutouts to: jkun, gsub, boss + maple, julian, karlvin, squid, bryan, sergio for playing and owning me at some point. Good times.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the part of norcal inside me is saying "this was HELLA good"

and it WAS really good, thanks to fusion for hosting <3

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Full results are on the first post I made under the main one. Individual shoutouts might come later, but for now:

Thanks to everyone who came out and played! It was the first tournament I've ever ran before, and I think it went relatively well. A very special thanks to those vets (Connor, Zhu, MacD, Jkun/DJ Mirror) for helping me throughout the day, to Stabbed for letting me commentate, and to those of you who provided setups/equipment (Thundercloud, Squid, devl, rus s0uL, etc.)! I really learned a lot about hosting a tournament, and I hope to do an even better job next time! Being able to play against people who were at or above my level (total understatement for some) was a great learning/motivational experience, and I'm definitely going to try and get better.

I'm going to try and host another tournament next quarter, so look out for it!

I think that's it for now, I'm going to sleep.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts

I was DJ Mirror in bracket haha

Spark - It was fun teaming with ya but it sucks that i had to run into you in bracket =(
Stab - i should have won that set, i ****ing choked =( I wont be late next time =( that cake was suppose to be a surprise! good **** for ruining it now >=( did you record a set where i was playing fox in teams on kongo jungle? i wanna see that set if possible and thanks for cheering me haha
GSUB - why you didn't enter again?
Squid - ya going fox in teams now? wooot!
Ahchoomattchu - amazing voice and tournament hosting skill! you're amazing XD
Justin aka Dusk aka The REAL DJ Mirror - good ****, your sheik and puffs sucks...eat a **** *****! XD
Devil Akuma? - fun friendlies lol
Kirbyraeg - Tetris DS is too good, sorry for the harsh advices =(
SDR - Good ****
Connor - it's ok, you got this next time >=) Ya right, my fox needs more tech skill =(
MacD - Good **** on getting third, your commentary is funny as **** compare to R3
Zhu - wow those peas were amazing buy me some! i'll pay ya back! I think i'm slowly going to main fox? maybe?
Maple - I said i was willing to go as Y. Link in tournament but you didn't let me =(
Boss - Last night was too good, sadly i dont have gay *** campy kira to protect me =(
Jules? - yeahhh I play kinda gay on kongo jungle, sorry
Sigina - we didn't play at all but it's cool
JDM - thanks for the update on Project Block, you deserve a shoutout haha
Fly - i'm surprised that you played CVS2?! good **** for 1st tho!
Thundercloud - sheik is pretty **** gay and **** >=(
DJ Mirror - need to work harder haha
Julian Kao - Ganon is hard as **** =(

To everyone else that i played/talked to: sorry if i cant remember your face/names i'm kinda bad at it! Nice meeting you tho

Squidster

Smash Ace
Awesome tourney. Highlights of grand finals was fly Uthrowing zhu onto the platform that nana was charging an Fsmash on. So good.

Shoutouts:
Zhu: Stop having so much work / being tired. lol
MacD: Nice job beating connor.
Connor: Dunno how much sandbagging took place but our set was really fun. 3 kills with Dtilt -> jump, double jump Uair? Weird. lol
rus s0uL: D-D-D-D-Duel?!
Fly Amanita: omg you're so good. Didn't lose a set the whole tourney? Man
sdr: Good ****, you could totally beat connor. You're really fun to play.
Bryan: Fun friendlies. I woulda liked to play you in tourney... if only i had beaten russel. lol
stabbedbyatree: We tied. Grr... Lol
Spark: Don't lose to that scrubby *** marth known as DJ Mirror. lol good job though
Squid: Don't lose to that scrubby *** marth known as russel. God.
DJ Mirror: "Whats your name?" "DJ Mirror." Oh if only you weren't banned.
ManBearFox: omg that was the most stressful set I've ever played. Last stock in killing range in all 3 matches. I was shaking after the set XD. Was really fun. Never seen you before, you should go to more tourneys! Needs more samus.
Dylan: Fun set. You started playing better in the second round, keep it up!
Spazz: You had that second match.
kirbyraeg: Fun matches. Play with more confidence and, of course, Dsmash more. lol
Gsub: You should mm n00bs to get money for the entrance fee :p

Totally forgot your name... but my partner in 2's: Fun matches!

Everyone else who i forgot: great tourney!

GSUB

Smash Lord
shout-outs:
squid - lol, good couple of friendlies we had. being angry and ridiculous is fun =D
connor - wish I coulda played youuu. and don't leave us!
macd - you're a big meanie. <3 though I GUESS.
Russel - nice placing! rrrrrrrrrrrape. you still can't handle this puff though ;)
$ick - lol, you ***** my peach and samus. I should stick to puff.
Boss - Good games!!! I didn't have as much trouble with your mewtwo as I thought I would. it must be hard for m2 =/ maybe you should just puff ditto... not sure. hope to see you more!
Jkun - herro
stab - you placed well! Wish I coulda entered and stole Squid's spot on the turnout, and we coulda tied =/ (and then played it out anyway like champs!)
SDR - Oh man, I wanted to play you! Good seeing you though! You seem way hecka cool now!
ManBearFox - You can't handle my puff. Sorry BRO! Hahahha, good games though, you were a little hard on yourself! Hella deep voice btw, lol.
devl_akuma, and everyone else I met - I'm soooo bad with names, and there were so many random irvine players that I can't remember you all!!! good games though, stay encouraged and keep it up! attend more things!
Zhu - I slept pretty well last night knowing I was "okay" in your book. lol. It's always nice seeing you, and good job on your placing! I think you got this next time though.
Fly_Ama****ingnita - DammmnnnnnN!!!!!!!!! Good stuff on getting first! You definitely deserved it =) and I like seeing how sociable you've become!
Signia - don't beat yourself up too much, haha. you're on your way and doing pretty well =)
anyone else - I'm sorry gg's or whatever.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Haven't been to a tourny in so long before this one. Was fun, thanks to the host.

-Bryan
DUde NOW you go to a tournament? LOL man remember when I saw you at Six Flags? That was hella random! Freakin.. I wish I went to this.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The doubles results are a bit off in the second post.

Shoutouts!

Zhu- Good sets! It was fun talking to you at In-N-Out after the tourney.

McCain- It's always a pleasure seeing you. Nice job in both events! Idaho would be off the smash map if not for you!

Connor- I know it's hard to not get discouraged by mistakes. Nothing feels worse than losing partially because of a few technical errors. I wish I had advice for getting over such things, but I'm pretty bad about it myself. =/

rus s0uL- A cool dude.

Kendrick- I really like your odd movement patterns. Your anti-spacies game is impressive.

Bryan- You surprised me a lot. I'm impressed that you can still be so good after not going to a tourney for a few years!

stabbedbyanoun- It seems like everything under the sun has penetrated your skin.

Squid- I like the way you full jump around a lot. You remind me of a mini-Larry sometimes.

DJ Mirror- I do think you have improved a bit since we last played. I bet you can continue improving at a steady pace if you keep a good mentality about the game, always try to identify and address your weaknesses, etc.

Kirby Ray Egg- I like your avatar.

GSUB- It seems like whenever I watched you play friendlies, you were fighting against a Mewtwo. It was nice seeing you!

Mizal- Thanks for carrying me in doubles.

Top Bottom