• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

D

Deleted member

I meant Joe but I scrolled the page really fast so I thought Joe was making the post

Guess NOT

my white boy tier list
1) Joe
2) Oscar
3) MacD

4) Everyone else
universally agreed tier list

DJMirror

Smash Master
****KKKK I forgot about him!!!

New white boy list
1)Joe
2)TGL
3)Oscar
4)MacD
5)KirbyRaeg

joeplicate

Smash Master
updated tier list:

1. brendan

*honorable mention: supperad brian

and that's it LOL

there's actually a lotta cool white boys in my life
b takes the cake for sure though

WHA?

Smash Ace
hey lovage u in west hills right?
any chance of a ride?????
ill give u venue fee off n gas $$$$$$

Lovage

Smash Hero
i live in westlake sir
peep the location

BUT i should be driving to this which means i can give people rides if you live (or can get yourself to) the 101 or the 5 i can probably pick you up

get at me please!

LuCKy

Smash Master
me mango n cathy could fill your car up quick lol sup? if not then uhhh johnny?or anyone else comin from north? me n cathy need a ride :D

baka4moé

Smash Champion
someone please give WHA a ride if you can. i always impressed by his dedication to get a ride for tournaments. i mean, gas and venue fee? and setups? yes. :)

also hyppppppppe. there will be pools right? there hasnt been a good sized local in a while, lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
also hyppppppppe. there will be pools right? there hasnt been a good sized local in a while, lol
when there is a tourney every weekend that kinda happens

when there are gonna be 8 tournies in a month, it most definitely will happen

seriously, there are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people trying to host tournies, so cal should like vote on certain hosts and have them host and everyone else should just stop

i hate telling people to stop hosting, but when in one month, people are arguing over who will get to host the saturday and sunday tourney of the same weekend, something is very wrong

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i think though, particularly, its fine to have a sunday tournament in the la/burbank area if the only saturday one is the sd thing, since they're pretty far apart. other than that, yeah, 2 tournies in close proximity probably shouldnt happen in the same weekend.

i can't say a tourney every weekend isn't awesome though, socal's pretty active im so happy. :)

MacD

the SD things shouldn't count as tournies, unless it is one of the tri weeklies

there is a difference between a tourney every weekend, and people having to decide who get's to hold a sunday tourney based on where a sat tourney of the same weekend is

it's dumb having 2 tournies in the same weekend

Lovage

Smash Hero
when there is a tourney every weekend that kinda happens

when there are gonna be 8 tournies in a month, it most definitely will happen

seriously, there are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people trying to host tournies, so cal should like vote on certain hosts and have them host and everyone else should just stop

i hate telling people to stop hosting, but when in one month, people are arguing over who will get to host the saturday and sunday tourney of the same weekend, something is very wrong
yuuuup

i really hate when it's like this. i thought about making a thread or something but knowing socal in two months we're gonna be back to having 1-2 tournies a month (and that's WAY better)

less=more people!

this is nothing about GREVs, GREVs are sick i hope everyone comes out

baka4moé

Smash Champion
the SD things shouldn't count as tournies, unless it is one of the tri weeklies

it's dumb having 2 tournies in the same weekend
First, if this is true, than this has only happened twice (maybe thrice?) from what i can remember ever since ive been here, like just recently with champs/festizzios and fusion/festizzios; that doesnt seem too bad imo. Second, even if they shouldnt count, the past couple SD rec tournies definitely have affected attendance. Third, i dont think its dumb to host sunday if the sunday TO is well aware that less people will come to their tournament as a result. Festizzio still hosts despite less than 20 ppl coming, and his tournies are still fun.

I'm not saying that multiple tournies arent affecting attendance, just that they arent inherently bad. What's more, relatively big locals pretty much only happen in/near irvine at this point, since thats at a location where everyone can reasonably drive to. So, i think hosting two tournies at diff locations that are far from e/o is fine, since having one tournament only in SD or one tourney only in 818 rarely ever garners a large local (which i consider 30+) anyways.

there is a difference between a tourney every weekend, and people having to decide who get's to hold a sunday tourney based on where a sat tourney of the same weekend is
This is certainly true. I don't, unfortunately, see this as a very strong argument. If you're talking about Jesson's tourney vs. MikeHaze/Festizzio, then this is only the first time it's happened, and I don't think one coinciding weekend is enough to warrant any of them to just stop hosting altogether. I think is just a special case, since all three tournies are close to e/o.

Probably a better solution is to just coordinate weeks so that this won't happen, like Mike hosting 1st/3rd weeks, festizzio hosting 4th week. Saturday TOs, other than those near 818, can pretty much host whatever week. Besides, Sunday tournies are expected to be small anyway.

i really hate when it's like this. i thought about making a thread or something but knowing socal in two months we're gonna be back to having 1-2 tournies a month (and that's WAY better)
actually, this seems very true, i think this period of so many tournies wont last long...

I know I'm not that smart, so these are just my thoughts. :) I'm very bored right now..

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Lol, this happened back in October. Then it fixed itself, and then finally went to other end of the spectrum, where I was the only one who hosted for about a month or two. Now its back to where it was and I'm guessing the cycle is gonna repeat except with someone else being the one to host every tourney for a long period of time.

WHA?

Smash Ace
i live in westlake sir
peep the location

BUT i should be driving to this which means i can give people rides if you live (or can get yourself to) the 101 or the 5 i can probably pick you up

get at me please!
how many spots u got, cause if u have 3 that be cool, unless u already reserved the spots
id be able to get to winnetka (near the 101)
lol baka ......... i try

MacD

yuuuup

less=more people!

this is nothing about GREVs, GREVs are sick i hope everyone comes out
one day a week or two ago was gonna make a thread too, then was just like **** it, people won't listen to me

Lol, this happened back in October. Then it fixed itself, and then finally went to other end of the spectrum, where I was the only one who hosted for about a month or two. Now its back to where it was and I'm guessing the cycle is gonna repeat except with someone else being the one to host every tourney for a long period of time.
i swear it's happened a couple more times, but now with mike haze wanting to host biweekly sunday tournies, and festizzio hosting his one tourney a month on sunday, that means only 1 sat tourney a month could happen to make them not on the same weekend (directed at baka not stab)

we just need to find a happy medium, my theory was host 1 tourney every 2 weeks, one in SD, one in Irvine, one in LA area (and if SD couldn't host, just alternate between irvine and LA), and then festizzio could host sunday tournies (this was before mike haze was gonna host his biweekly sunday things)

before this month, i can't think of the last time i choose to miss a tourney when i had nothing else to do that day, you all probably know i went so far as to work 7-11:30 on sat, then would drive to LA or where ever for a tourney, get home late, then go to work 8-12 sunday

anyway, the problem lies between champ wanting to host, stab, random LA tournies, mike haze's biweeklies, festizzios, and now the SD weekly things.

if we could just get stab or champ, some LA area host, and pat to coordinate tournies every 2 weeks, and include a sunday tourney or two inbetween (like 3 tournies a month, 2 sat + 1 sun) i think it'd be amazing

actually getting it to happen though.... there is the problem

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
I don't want to speak too definitively, but San Diego definitely has the resources to coordinate tournaments every month. We are essentially doing it on a weekly basis now and if a SoCal tournament rotation goes into effect (in which LA, Irvine, and SD alternate hosting tournaments) I think it would be as easy as labeling our weekly tournies as "Triweeklies" for whatever weekends were designated for us.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kind of expected our weekly things to just be SD since there's no payout and SD is far from everything. I wouldn't lump the SD weeklies with actual tournaments, especially since I think their "out of SD" attendance is going to dwindle a bit in weeks to come.

So basically there's GREV, 2GG, and Triweeklies; which really isn't too much to digest. So long as each tournament is 2 weeks apart I don't think it should really tax on anyone all that much.

Lovage

Smash Hero
how many spots u got, cause if u have 3 that be cool, unless u already reserved the spots
id be able to get to winnetka (near the 101)
lol baka ......... i try
sure, who're the other two people? i think i'll be driving you three and wes.

yeah that's fine

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i'll do tetris DS money matches at this

2v1 max (i'll take on one person at a time, or two)

anybody who wants to bring their DS'es and pair up or just take me on one on one, do so

best of 9 works, but we can agree to more (less kind of sucks because you can have one or two bad games and mess yourselves up really easily)

get at me

fallennova

Smash Cadet
Finally might go to GREV tourney lol
might not enter tho but i guess ill consider the pool if it looks clean and its hot enough outside

one more thing....i cant have alcohol at all? zero tolerance? and whats the punishment? just wondering

WHA?

Smash Ace
sure, who're the other two people? i think i'll be driving you three and wes.

yeah that's fine
its tapez n a marth player
ok so tell me on friday if its 100% sure (in case u gotta cancel or somethin
can u bring a cube? imma take 2 tvs, if u cant its fine (u got room right?)
where EXACTLY should we meet and at what TIME (ill try to find a reference point on taht Winnetka street, like a McDonalds or 7/11 or somethin)

Top Bottom