• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev XIX - Bring TVs, Power Strips and Cubes!

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok oscar

after your set against Mantee, who's that falco you played against? it's a OG color so I'm assuming that it's pools?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
3: Fly Amanita- interesting set, really didn't expect you to go peach on me. caught me off guard. i still think your best option is try with your IC's. i personally feel like it was just the novelty (ww?) effect of a new character that got you the game. kinda like with kira's puff vs your ic's or vanz ylink against darc. sure it works at first, but you figure out what to do (i say this just because dittos are my fav thing ever lol). i mean, if you seriously wanna try learning the ditto then whatever, but i still feel like your IC's are your best bet. i'm surprised you haven't tried them once in such a long time, even just to get some vids and see what to do.
I just wasn't very confident in my other characters at the moment. I've been feeling a little sloppy with ICs lately and I don't really understand Sheik, but I at least feel like I can sort of play Peach decently most of the time. Maybe I just need to play more often; in any case, I probably should just man up and use the character(s) that I'm actually good with, so I guess I'll try ICs next time.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Eh, yeah. Looking at it again, I should have switched sung/shadow, and George/Hugo. Russel tied for 1st though, so it would have been unfair to make him play another 1st seed, in the first round. And baka kept begging me to play jesse, and kevin got a third seed, so that's how that part of the bracket came about lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
and that is why a 3 way tie sucks

we need to figure out what to do in invent of a 3 way tie again. i remember at pound 4, plank said we were all going to have to replay each other cause we were all 2-1 against each other. but then someone ended up with an extra loss

and yea fly, i mean i understand being uncomfortable with a character and what not (granted i have no one else to fall back on haha). i mean you used to try IC's at least once every few tournies, now you haven't tried them in like months

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
one day a week or two ago was gonna make a thread too, then was just like **** it, people won't listen to me

i swear it's happened a couple more times, but now with mike haze wanting to host biweekly sunday tournies, and festizzio hosting his one tourney a month on sunday, that means only 1 sat tourney a month could happen to make them not on the same weekend (directed at baka not stab)

we just need to find a happy medium, my theory was host 1 tourney every 2 weeks, one in SD, one in Irvine, one in LA area (and if SD couldn't host, just alternate between irvine and LA), and then festizzio could host sunday tournies (this was before mike haze was gonna host his biweekly sunday things)

before this month, i can't think of the last time i choose to miss a tourney when i had nothing else to do that day, you all probably know i went so far as to work 7-11:30 on sat, then would drive to LA or where ever for a tourney, get home late, then go to work 8-12 sunday

anyway, the problem lies between champ wanting to host, stab, random LA tournies, mike haze's biweeklies, festizzios, and now the SD weekly things.

if we could just get stab or champ, some LA area host, and pat to coordinate tournies every 2 weeks, and include a sunday tourney or two inbetween (like 3 tournies a month, 2 sat + 1 sun) i think it'd be amazing

actually getting it to happen though.... there is the problem
Uhhh didn't mean to make it a problem... the tournament Jesson and I are having is pretty much the sequel since his bday is on the 27th... uhhh I guess sorry... I feel so horrible... if it will make everything better... guess we can cancel...... feedback on thoughts please

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Again, fun tournament!

1: Lovage - good **** oscar. also playing you in tourney really enlightened me on some very important stuff, so thanks for that.
2: MacD - nice job getting second, and yeah zelda is lame lol. teach me how to play the ditto plz.
3: Fly Amanita - congrats on third, nice talking to you. youll get oscar next time :)
4: Westballz - thanks for teaming with me, and THANKS SO MUCH for your support during my tourney matches, it really helped. lol ur mms with hugq were amusing as hell. mario sucks.
5: Hyprid - ggs, again really nice job! you played way better than the last time we played. imma get you next time though, after i learn marth some more lol
5: Stab - thanks for hosting, crews was so much fun ;). i agree with connor, your mom's apple dish was so delicious.
7: Baka4moe - get better fool. wait more. =/ ok!
7: Sung - nice job doing so well my man, especially for beating hugo omg. oscar meyer weiner combo *****
9: Sunny - ggs, tbh i was scared at the very beginning, but those were fun matches.
9: Connor - thanks for the compliment. i think ppl rooted against me since my hype matches were against sd, and sd likes to rep up sd haha. i really wanted to play you again in tourney tho, why you go losing to kevin...lol. next time man
9: Russoul - good job beating connor! also your edge cancels against sung in crews were sick
9: Shadow - ggs, i hate zelda. haha thanks to you ppl were able to see my amazing sheik!
13: W.A.S.T.E - ggs jesse, glad to see you make it out to more tourneys. nice job on owning sung in pools, i was so sure he'd win!
13: HugQ - dude im so happy you and sung did well in doubles! gen2 bus is gonna be so awesome.

Wha- nice to see you and ur friends come a tourney that isnt fetizzios LOL. crews was fun.
Manatee- glad you could come with us, hope you had a good time. jab rest ftw man :awesome:

Also Emily and Jesson don't cancel your tournament!!!!!!!!!! Please haha

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Well after talking it over... if not alot of ppl show up we just might make it into a smashfest.. maybe pool tournament... crews sounded like a fun idea... but really depends on attendance...

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Shout outs

MacD: Still taking candy from me

Westballz: I won't quit again! Sorry! Hope I made it up to you with the ride. That up tilt...

Stab: Ggs! Your falco is my favorite to play against (sorry Wes) but I feel that our matches are a lot less random than other falco dittos

Baka4moe: I'm sorry but I had to root against you against that Zelda player, but other than that...careful of your dash attacks and random D smashing

Sung: Careful of laser grabs

Sunny: Ggs in friendlies! U smash OOS is really something

Russoul: I think it was you, but good stuff rapin me in crews

Shadow: Zelda FTW!!! You beating Baka game 1 was so hype

W.A.S.T.E: Haha nice rapin me in pools, my setups were just being ultra countered

HugQ: It was the most intense set I've ever played. That 6 min and 30 sec game 1 had my heart pounding (careful of your dash attacks) and your grabs are really nice. Also, I love your bomb saves the first time you did it I was just in AWE

Spark: Dude, I freakin love playin Falcon dittos with you, most fun falcon I've ever played against!!! **** all around :)

Anto: Ggs careful coming back on the stage with an aerial, lots of sami tend to do that

Wha: You definitely, I mean indefinitely, got better! Still need to work on your edgeguards more

Manatee: My god that rest

And ggs to everyone else I failed to mention

SUNG475

Smash Ace
But Baka...Baka for real...No hard feelings...I'm just playin man...Baka...Baka no hard feelings

hugQ Cortex

Master
Macd: I agree with your seeding post. And thanks for the advice! I feel like i need to be more consistently technical before i can start to ****.
Baka: good stuff in singles and teams. You need to be more patient/hesitant, and have more self-control/discipline so that you can stop yourself from doing bad dash attacks and dsmashes. Edit: also, learn how to fc nair oos.
Sung: good job beating me in singles, and holding it down in teams! We should definitely team again.
Wes: thanks for the MMs at baka's, even though you weren't really trying. I want you to turn me into a hidden boss hahah
Hyprid: nice job placing 4th. Your marth has some interesting setups...

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tourney, Matt.

Lovage: Good job winning the tournament and once again, thanks for the advice. Good games in pools/doubles/friendlies, too. :D

Connor: Good to see you come out and thanks for the tip in your previous post. I'll make sure to jump less, lol.

MacD: I'll do better again you next time, lol. And also, Eric is "Shadow" because he had this huge emo phase in high school. I'm Sunny because that's my real name and I'm a much happier person than he is.

Hyprid: Good job in bracket! And gg's in friendlies.

Sung: It was nice meeting you and good games in friendlies. Oh and in doubles bracket as well.

Baka: Good games in bracket and friendlies. I'll beat you next time. Hopefully I won't be so nervous and do so many dumb things again. :[ You've definitely improved from the last time we played at fusion though, good job. :D

Russul, we didn't play, wtf. lol.

SD will better represent themselves next time. Thanks for the good games!

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahahaha johnny's ****

except he sucks *** at eating grapefruits.
seriously bro, you exploded it INSIDE THE BAG with the rest of my fruit?!?? lmfao i had 2 carry that sticky-*** bag all the way back home

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Connor: Sorry for misunderstanding about the first match reset. That probably messed with your momentum. I'll need to get better so I can put up a good fight when you're beasting the next time we play.

Jesse: I'm afraid to play you in tournament again. You adapt well.

HugQ: Our set was one of the best I've had in awhile. Very intense. I'll say it again that I thought your grab choices were great.

Sunny and Shadow: The interaction between you guys in friendlies is quite amusing. I need to spend more time with both of you. Maybe not Shadow when he's going Zelda on me.

Baka: After my early lead on our second match, you came back and won convincingly. That was impressive.

Lovage: I saw you play in finals, and it was absolutely ridiculous.

Macd: I'm not supposed to lose that badly to a defensive character that has a greater focus on trading hits and less on punishing hard. Just shows how much better than me you are.

Stab: Nice job doing well against Macd. I also apologize for messing up in the first teams set. HugQ's Samus is evil.

Special shoutout to Jason for reminding me to have confidence in myself. Thanks for being a good friend.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Zhu: <3333334253u5jn bhb

wes: ily bb

fly: i still really enjoy playing u in tourny, ggs

stab: TY for hosting, another great tournament

mccain: stop getting ***** LOL

sunny/sd: u guys were better than i thought you'd be, keep it up and keep coming up for tournaments!

manatee: ****

hyprid: ****

connor: it's peach time dude, you got this

baka4moe: LOL

sung: super ****. sung = the future

see yall NEXT TIME!!

D

Deleted member

hahahaha johnny's ****

except he sucks *** at eating grapefruits.
seriously bro, you exploded it INSIDE THE BAG with the rest of my fruit?!?? lmfao i had 2 carry that sticky-*** bag all the way back home
either u or stevens house... lol that grapefruit exploded like a grenade

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
late shoutouts

oscar - good shiiiiiiii
mccain - ill get u next time!!!!!
Fly - nice job pooping on people that aren't mccain/oscar
anto - thanks for running stuff for me all day
g-rev: SUP WIDDIT
Russel - dang, you're good with whoever you want lol
bryant - SMILE BRO
eric - stop trying to act hard
kevin - goooood shiz
michael - always a ball
jason - thanks for getting the pizzas
sung - woulda been hella close if you didn't sd haha
wes - ballllllllllllllllllllllz
connor - nice to have you back at tournies
zoooo - stay the full tourney next time
SD - always a pleasure
wha - i forgot to use your triwing -_-
adam - thanks for helping me all day
ryan - stay the full tourney next time
hugo - unrustified
george - ggs, and your commentary is pretty legit
spenser - TOUHOU TIME!!!!
everyone I'm forgetting or too lazy to mention, or a combination of the two - sowwie <3333
everyoooone - THANKS FOR COMING

HugS™

Smash Lord
Jesus christ McCain got ****ed up.

Oscar, you'd be near perfect if you could balance your tech skill with the ability to stay alive and stop killing yourself.

McCain, stop being a kookster. Idk if you were playing bad, but you gotta get more fundamentals down. For the people you've been able to beat, there's no reason for you to get 2nd place then get rocked like this in GF. These are solid signs of pure kook.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Yes, well, so, right, uh...

You guys know the drill.

Also, important change in rules. Wobbling has been switched from being legal to Pat's Rule where you can only wobble once per match.

LuCKy

Smash Master
am i the only smasher going to AX? lol i really dont wanna miss a stab tourney T__T any way of changing it to sunday the 3rd at least?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Unfortunately I can't change the date, the venue is really hard to book during the summer.

You probably won't miss much though. Due to AX/everyone going home for the summer, I don't think the attendance is going to be especially high.

Top Bottom