• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! 2: Stop the car: March 19th Ft. Dr.PP, M2k, Newlyweds, dogy & MORE

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
maybe i should make it my goal to not play you at a tournament, since trying to play you has resulted in not playing you

SleepyK

yeah, exactly. this reverse psychology thing is working great!
pretend not to want kevin, get kevin all up ons!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Interested in attending, depending on how my Spring break works out.

If it works out, I request a minimum of 5 matches with Dr. PP. Cause i think that's how long it will take before I start taking some games from him =D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
id rather have stage list changed than the date <_<

i just feel having both rainbow and pokemon means i automatically lose one game on a CP. Like, no matter what. And I feel that's very lame. There's no point even trying to beat you with a stage list like that

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
YS and BF and FoD and FD suck in that matchup

The other stages you can win on. KK believes Sheik is fine on Cruise and I don't particularly think Falco gets ridiculous advantages vs her there.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Guys the ball room is booked for the 19th.

Thanks for offering donations but i need you guys to hang in with me for one more tournament.

I guarantee we can have the next one in the bigger room but ill need to make 425 bucks off the door.

We can do this.

@M2K Lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
man sheik is fine on cruise my *** idc if he thinks its fine falco clearly absolutely massacres sheik on that stage as well as pokemon stadium
That's just from your experience.

In my experience Sheik can do fine there(watch me vs KK from the same tournament we played at).

Don't you think it's just a tad ridiculous to ask in the first place? Like, why don't I just say we play on YS and Stadium in alternating matches until someone wins? You can't just adjust the rules/stage list because of something that happened to you. You have to work to get it reformed in the MBR and then it trickles down to tournaments like these.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
dude pp how can you honestly say something like sheik does fine vs falco on RC and poke stad. I know that you know that if you are playing good with Falco there there is almost nothing I can do to stop it.

and u were playing very bad vs kirbykaze that first set compared to how you played later on

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
soooo

did this just become a two day tournament? or are we still gonna try brawl and melee in the one room?
We can do both I think, the time limit wont be as strict this time and we have the confrence room and the lobby off the bat.

I always said that brawl can finish at my house.

also I think we have the room until 2-3 am this time.

SleepyK

m2k please consider the possibility that instead of PP playing poorly in the first set and better in the second, he may have been outplayed in the first one and adapted to what KK did in the second one.

maybe he was playing fine in both and KK was also playing fine in both, but KK edged out PP in the first one because PP was initially unfamiliar with what exactly to do to beat KK

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that "skillset you choose to favor" bs is just bs rationalizations

the real reason people want them banned is because they don't like playing on them

so yeah you're all wussies.

SleepyK

man i love small step infinites in brawl
i also love port town aero drive, norfair, and brinstar in brawl

let's always have those stages legal and unbannable

infinite chaingrabs are also really legit, let's unban those in brawl pls k thx

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sleepyk unlike me you literally know nothing about competitive brawl so...please don't talk.

and if I had it my way small steps would be legal, and infinite cgs. port town and norfair are different stories, that's like saying I want onett and yoshis island legal in melee rofl. stay ignorant.

SleepyK

stingers unlike me you literally know nothing about competitive melee

stay free

SleepyK

ok, btw i will have a wavebird plugged in and kevin will be standing directly behind me

trolling aside, please explain your rationale as to why a stage like brinstar should be tournament legal

Mew2King

King of the Mews
m2k please consider the possibility that instead of PP playing poorly in the first set and better in the second, he may have been outplayed in the first one and adapted to what KK did in the second one.

maybe he was playing fine in both and KK was also playing fine in both, but KK edged out PP in the first one because PP was initially unfamiliar with what exactly to do to beat KK
KK was outplaying him the first set

but PP still played much better after that point in time compared to that set by far afterwords because he was doing longer combos and making less mistakes

SleepyK

maybe he was playing better because he had a better read on KK and an understanding as to why he lost.

things like confidence can really change the flow of a match. Maybe in the first set PP's confidence was shaken because he was facing something unfamiliar or something he didn't grasp at the time... so the second set he was able to play it better with a cooler head.

Top Bottom