• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville, FL Smashfest, Melee/Brawl - 12/6/08

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Melee MMs? Anybody? Anybody?

I'm bad, I promise. I don't even L-cancel!

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
As the first of what I hope to be many Gainesville smashfests/tournaments to come, I present:

Gainesville Smashfest #1:
Alligators and Elephants

(Melee & Brawl, and the SEC Championship Game)

Date: 12/6/08
I realize that this is on the same day as the Play’N’Trade tournament in Orlando, but to tell the truth, I don’t expect too many players outside Gainesville to attend the smashfest, but maybe a few will.

Time: 4:00pm – 11:00pm
We have the room from 4 in the afternoon until 11 at night. If you want to play somewhere else after that, that’s fine, but we have to be out by 11pm.

Location: Gainesville, Florida, on the University of Florida campus, Basement of Weaver Hall dorm

Directions: They will be here

Room Setup: The room is very large, with plenty of tables and chairs. There are electrical outlets that line the walls, and in the back of the basement there is a room with a large screen TV in it (for the SEC Championship game). However, we sincerely need people to bring set-ups (who doesn’t?). Please post if you can bring any of the following:

TVs:
1. RockCrock
2. Darktemplio
3. GodMeowMix

Brawl Setup:
1. Masky (Wii + Brawl)
2. GodMeowMix
3. NeonNess (Brawl)
4. Fishcake56 (Wii + Brawl)

Melee Setup:
1. Moses (Cube + Melee)
2. Masky (Melee)
3. RockCrock (Wii + Melee)
4. GodMeowMix

Extension cords:
1. Moses (1)
2. Darktemplio (?)

Power strips:
1. Moses (1)
2. Darktemplio (?)

Also, I ask that if you plan on staying for a while and can bring a set-up, please come as early around 4 as you can.

Lowdown: This is an experiment. What is happening is this: the “Peer Mentor” (helps residents with issues and such) on the floor of my dorm reserved the room for a bunch of people to play video games, billing it as a “floor activity”. I found out I can NOT host a money tournament in this situation because the potential consequences of him taking money from any residents aren’t good (even if he has nothing to do with the set-up other than reserving the room).

With that in mind, this smashfest will then hopefully serve as a meet and greet of sorts for all the smashers around Gainesville, and if this goes well, we can then potentially begin to flesh out some money tournaments for both Melee and Brawl starting in January of next year (it will also serve to reduce the risk of a fire hazard from cramming 12+ people into my dorm room every Friday night).

Food: There are places on campus to eat (Subway, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Moe's, Chili's-to-Go). However, we may just end up getting money together and ordering pizza.

Out of Towners:
If you would like to attend, but need a place to stay over Saturday night, please post saying so. On the converse, if you live in Gainesville and might have extra room for someone to stay, also please post this.

The To-be-Housed:

The Housers:
harriettheguy (has couch, couch chair, floor space, sensitive bamboo plant)

PLEASE POST IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING.
Also, GO TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TO COME.

Attendance List:
1. Moses
2. Masky
3. Zergum
4. Darktemplio
5. harriettheguy
6. mc4
7. pyrimadines
8. RockCrock
9. GodMeowMix
10. GodMeowMix friend
12. Ryusiodo
13. NeonNess
14. Fishcake56
15. Ryo_Guikido
Thanks everyone. Hope to see you soon.
I'm in so lets get to it

Randicus

Smash Rookie
Me thinks I'm in...pending my work schedule which generally ends around 3ish...And I gots a TV and Wii and Brawl and Grape Soda and Orange Flip Flops...Mat your moving my TV

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I updated the first post with everyone who is confirmed attending, and confirmed setups/TVs. I removed any listing of possible attendees or setups in order to see what we actually have.

On that note, once again, please post if you are confirming your attendance.

Also, BRING TVS. I know you have them. Bring them.

MattNF

Smash Lord
How far is UF from Ocala? I think I have to work that day but I might go if I don't.

Masky

Smash Master
gainesville is like 40 minutes from ocala, see if you can get a ride with godmeowmix/galuuda/mooney if they're going

also I can bring a powerstrip thing

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
Moses, are you sure you have 100% confirmation that there will be a TV with the football game on? If so I will attend. It seems like we have enough wiis, so all I can bring is a power strip. In fact I can bring two power strips.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I'm good!! The semester is almost over and my last final is on the 10th, 3 days before our actual finals week! I picked some freakin' sweet classes this time around!!

Scrub! Come join the ****!
I do not support **** haha. That is why I'm not coming. We'll see what happens. Maybe if I feel like it after the game.

****, you're lucky to be done on the 10th. I have til the 18th.

Zergum

Smash Cadet
I might be able to bring my room mates TV.. don't put it in the post, ill just carry that **** over if its okay with him..

Zergum

Smash Cadet
also.... i have melee/brawl/a wii but it looks like we're just short on tvs.. i can also walk across the street and grab that stuff if we're short

Masky

Smash Master
I s there any money involved in this thing? or this is just friendlies?
Just friendlies, but I'll be accepting any money matches or doubles MMs from out of towners and I'm sure others will too :)

edit: if Tally comes down though we can do an epic crew MM!!! :) :)

Masky

Smash Master
Hmmmm, I'll see if I can come to this. Still need to ditto masky, ha
Definitely, though tbh I discovered that Ness dittos are kind of boring/weird... But I'll suffer through it cause I really like playing other people's Nesses :)

Gindler

Smash Champion
Definitely, though tbh I discovered that Ness dittos are kind of boring/weird... But I'll suffer through it cause I really like playing other people's Nesses :)
Ha, all dittos are like that. Except maybe Ikes.

Not sure if there's a tourney that day in orlando, but I'd say there's a 33%/one-third chance I can make it to this.

Masky

Smash Master
where on campus is weaver hall dorm?
http://campusmap.ufl.edu/ just search for Weaver in the top left

Ha, all dittos are like that. Except maybe Ikes.

Not sure if there's a tourney that day in orlando, but I'd say there's a 33%/one-third chance I can make it to this.
sure... it is kinda a long drive if you're coming from orlando. I think there's a Play n Trade tournament happening on this date in Orlando though

Zergum

Smash Cadet
bringing 2 kids 1 plays melee and the other plays both, mainly brawl though. ;D
tags are NakedFlip and AngryMexican if u want to add them to the list

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Only thing I don't like about Ness dittos is I can't use PK Flash mindgamez. Gets absorbed all the time, y'know...

Hope I'm not the only one there who doesn't do money matches.
I'm poor... and stuff.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Moses, are you sure you have 100% confirmation that there will be a TV with the football game on? If so I will attend. It seems like we have enough wiis, so all I can bring is a power strip. In fact I can bring two power strips.
I am 100% sure that there will be a TV on with the football game on. I spoke again to my peer mentor who is helping me set everything up and everything is a go.

If you are attending, you can still bring your Wii (if you feel comfortable) because we only have 2 complete melee setups as of right now.

Edit: Oh my God Max I think I've stared at those stupid spinning Ness's in your signature for at least an hour today.

Masky

Smash Master
Edit: Oh my God Max I think I've stared at those stupid spinning Ness's in your signature for at least an hour today.
what Nesses? I only see HyperNesses

PS everyone BRING TVS and WIIS!! more setups = less waiting!

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
well, this seems like its gonna be awesome. Also, I am down to money match a bunch of ppl. ive never money matched anyone so i guess its about time.

If a Wii is needed, i can possibly bring my room mates wii but thats only if it really is needed.

Also....dude....masky....can u please give your Ness-i some riddle-in. Im really getting dizzy just by looking at them.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Templio, you coming up to PHB on the 13th?

If so team "We play with little boys" is waitin!

bommerangs, arrows, bombs, pk fires thunders and freezes all over the place!

Zergum

Smash Cadet
liz its finals week i dont think gville is going to make it but im not sure =/ plus i have an exam on the 13th

Lizard

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that Zerg

I'll be the first to say that school is more important though, so i completley understand.

13th for FSU is the weekend after finals week, so its a nice break from all that stress.

Hopefully we will have a HUGE January tourney so hope to see you there.

Good luck to all the Gainesville crew on finals!

Masky

Smash Master
liz its finals week i dont think gville is going to make it but im not sure =/ plus i have an exam on the 13th
wtf you have an exam on the 13th? that's a saturday. how is that possible?

I dunno if I wanna go if I'm not teaming with Zergum and don't have a partner who I can guaranteed do well in doubles with

On a side note, wow Zgum you're actually concerned about school. thats a first. I always thought you were too big and black to care. lol
lol too true

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I think I may bring some chips or cookies. But the cookies are like the raw dough tube. Is this basement place next to the vending machine/office/mud pit area? (toward's Tolbert?) is there an oven around?

Top Bottom