• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville, FL Smashfest, Melee/Brawl - 12/6/08

Zergum

Smash Cadet
are we going to that haitian turlington place tomorrow? and i cant skip exams fools.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Ok everyone, a few updates:

I can bring a TV now (girlfriend's TV ftw).

Also,
PLEASE BRING ANYTHING YOU CAN. IF WE END UP NOT USING IT, WE CAN STORE IT IN MY DORM ROOM WHICH IS IN THE SAME BUILDING, AND YOU CAN HAVE IT BACK AT ANY TIME. This way your stuff will be safe if we don't end up using it.

As most of you guys will want to play Brawl, my goal is at least 5 Complete (including TVs) Brawl Setups, and 3 Complete Melee Setups (being able to switch depending on teh crowd).

Also on that note, PLEASE LABEL ANYTHING YOU BRING AS YOUR OWN. Most of us will be there the whole day to keep an eye on everything so there hopefully won't be any problems, but some things make get mixed up so it's best that your label your stuff as yours to differentiate.

I have updated the original post with some of this information, and will be updating it with directions to the place later.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
This is some serious **** right here! Hype this ****. I'll be there at 4, but I'll probably be watching the game most of the time, lol.

Masky

Smash Master
Wait

So there is no actual address for this venue? wtf
Search for "Gator Corner Dining Center" on Google Maps, it's right next to Weaver Hall (on the more detailed map in the first post, the "FSF" building is Gator Corner Dining Center)

or you could get directions to the UF stadium since it's across the street

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I think I may bring some chips or cookies. But the cookies are like the raw dough tube. Is this basement place next to the vending machine/office/mud pit area? (toward's Tolbert?) is there an oven around?
as much as i love smash, this has me psyched out. hopefully there is an oven!!!!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I think I may bring some chips or cookies. But the cookies are like the raw dough tube. Is this basement place next to the vending machine/office/mud pit area? (toward's Tolbert?) is there an oven around?

There is an oven on my floor if you need to use it. It is very close to where we will be Smashing.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Have fun today guys, wish I was there.

I'll be taking the Putnam instead.

PS Does fred still play, or has he been swallowed by grad school?
Fred wants to play. But he has someone living where his TV is and nobody lives close to him that wants to play and also we never call him when a couple of us on campus get a couple quickies bc we think it'd be a waste of fred's presence.

Yo mooney do you need to goto my place first to drop off stuff or something? what the dillio.

Masky

Smash Master
I'm gonna have the code on my Wii that lets you record matches longer than 3 minutes in Brawl... so if anyone wants to have a match recorded you can save it to my Wii and tell me and I'll upload it to youtube later

Masky

Smash Master
dude, u already hacked your wii?

Dont forget that the rule is that right before the 3 mins are up someone needs to press start otherwise everything recorded after 3 mins gets kinda laggy :\
oh I didn't know that, I've never actually used it before
yeah I hacked my Wii, the moveswaps are too funny

Masky

Smash Master
I had a lot of fun today, so much good smash.

MC4 - it's good to meet someone new in Gainesville who's good, come to UF again to play some time, though i don't think anyone can here play until after winter break cause of exams
MeowMix - our Brawl and Melee matches were really fun and thanks for the Toon Link advice, definitely come up here again if you have time some weekend
Apollo - good matches, glad I finally got to meet you
Mampam - I dunno if you read Smashboards but ggs and I had fun when we teamed in doubles
HTG, Lio and Zergum - you guys suck
Whoever was trash talking me and Lio when we were playing Brawl - who are you and why were you trash talking us??

EDIT:

oh yeah and Moses, awesome job running and organizing this whole thing and thanks for holding this for Gainesville

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That was awesome. I've never really been to a big Smashfest before, but I really enjoyed this one. Now if I could just make it to a major tournament... Thanks for setting this up, Moses and Co.

Also, good games, Masky. Thanks for the Ness advice. One day I'll be able to win our dittos... One day.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
yeah it was alotta fun i was excited to play some other good characters
masky- i was very surprised at such as good ness and pikachu
zergum-really good snake i enjoyed the ditto even tho it was only 1 match we'll go again lol and i'll never give props to a metaknight lol
- i don't remember the guys name but there was a beast lucario there but i only got to play him in the 4 ways i would have like a singles
-darktemplio had a ridiculous toon link and olimar
-most other people were really good and i liked it next time we should actually do the tournament lol good stuff tho

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
That was definitely mad fun. Hella thanks to Moses for holding it btw, and to Masky for the ride back.

HtG - Thanks for the housing man. It wouldn't have been possible without you.
Meow Mix - Wow man, you're getting really good, really fast. See you next week at gigs bro.
Rock crock - I had fun teaming with you bro. The last time I teamed with a good ganon was at fast, so I definitely need practice with that team lol. And hopefully I'll be back before Gigs next week so that I can get some legit teams practice.
crispyone - lolol good singles friendlies man. I'll have to remember to bowser ditto you more hahaha
Raistlin - ****, we only played like a set, and I SERIOUSLY need jiggs practice holy **** lmao

I'm forgeting a few, but I'm mad tired and I just got home lol.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Moses- success! and how'd we get a hold of the basement till 1:30?

david- lucario is lookin' good

willie- f*** your olimar! *flick*

Mooney- good job in teams

Meow- vids !

Lio zergum masky- sow your seeds to foreign lands

Cloke- find us and play!

mampam- I am not dashizwiz. dashizwiz is big and black and has tennis balls for biceps...!

Nick n Chris- lol at MK and snake anger! I do it all the time too but he was on my team :p

Alex- good falcon. high tier characters really g a y him out on the edge its a hard life.

gainesville melee- really holdin' it down. the whole family was there. glad derf and oscar could make it.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I had fun at this. I was expecting this to end at 11:00 as well until I found out it was 12:00.

Mooney: Nice matches. You got better. You should work on finishing stocks. I'm never playing as bowser again.

Oscar and Chris: Funny team matches. Playing against double ganon is too fun especially if ganon only uses wizard's boot.

Rest of Gainesville melee: We didn't get to play. Bah.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Wow guys, this was most excellent. I would like to thank everyone for coming out and showing your support, especially everyone who brought setups and stuff. You guys really made this enjoyable!

I didn't get to play a lot of people, but a few mentionables:

Miguel: Great games man. I think I was laughing the whole time. You and Ian should come up to Gville more often (thanks for bringing stuff!)

Ian: We should have played more. Oh well, nice to meet you and Miguel.

Nick: I am the worst Brawl player ever. It didn't help that I could barely see from laughing so hard I was crying. However, melee was better ;). Tell Chris that I hate Ganondorf.

Lio: You should SD more often against me. Thanks for bringing all those cords and the TV.

Max: I like your roommate's TV. I thought about not answering the phone and keeping it.

Sam: We didn't play. Probably better for you seeing is how I was handing out ***** left and right.

Josh: You didn't bring cookies. You aren't invited anymore.

Willie: Play more Melee thanks.

David: I had sex with your massive TV.

Dennis: Thanks so much for helping me put everything away after everyone left. Too bad you're terrible.

I'd like to start having a Smashfest or tourney once a month. I am going to talk to some people about having money tournaments soon, but I don't know if I'll find out anything before Christmas break, so the (probable) gathering in January will most likely another Smashfest unless I get better news.

We got a hold of the basement until 2:00 because we didn't leave.

My peer mentor (the guy in charge above me) asked me at 10:00 if we could go ahead and pack everything up and leave because he wanted to go to a party. I told him I would be responsible and everything, so he just let me be in charge.

Nothing in the room was damaged or anything and everything got put back up where it was so I don't think there will be any problems. Next time I'll certainly plan for a lot more time.

[This post ended up being a **** ton longer than I expected.]

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
You and Ian should come up to Gville more often (thanks for bringing stuff!)

Ian: We should have played more. Oh well, nice to meet you and Miguel.

Nothing in the room was damaged or anything and everything got put back up where it was so I don't think there will be any problems. Next time I'll certainly plan for a lot more time.

[This post ended up being a **** ton longer than I expected.]
Yeah I'm deffinetly gonna come over there again. I need to play Dennis more and get better in singles lol

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie
Nick n Chris- lol at MK and snake anger! I do it all the time too but he was on my team :p
haha, well chris was more pissed about the mk...after playing that particular mk before i just kinda go with it... :chuckle:

Singles after that were better so it all balanced out, but it was kinda sad to see that i was one of the few wolf players there. Wolf needs more love. :p

Saiya

Smash Cadet

david- lucario is lookin' good

willie- f*** your olimar! *flick*

Mooney- good job in teams

Meow- vids !

Lio zergum masky- sow your seeds to foreign lands

Cloke- find us and play!

mampam- I am not dashizwiz. dashizwiz is big and black and has tennis balls for biceps...!

Alex- good falcon. high tier characters really g a y him out on the edge its a hard life.

gainesville melee- really holdin' it down. the whole family was there. glad derf and oscar could make it.
lol, thanks for the notable mention, Josh. I got you that one time with that dropzone, though. =P

I gotta keep at that Melee, heh.

And lmao at you tricking Mampam into thinking you were Shiz. XD

Saiya

Smash Cadet
And yo, Nick, quit gunning after me when we're playing random people during free-for-alls!!!!! We gotta stick together!=P

Zergum

Smash Cadet
haha, well chris was more pissed about the mk...after playing that particular mk before i just kinda go with it... :chuckle:

Singles after that were better so it all balanced out, but it was kinda sad to see that i was one of the few wolf players there. Wolf needs more love. :p
after playing that particular mk before i just kinda go with it
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Top Bottom