• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot December Monthly: Holiday Brawl (12/6/08) San Antonio, TX(MK IS BANNED)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey chickenwing ban Naner lock NOW!

lol jk, i been trying out the new discovered Naner lock...kinda hard for me to get down perfectly
I've got it down perfect and added new ways to do it :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok everyone Hylian is going to win this tourny no matter who comes down.

Help me perfect it Hylian and ill buy you a big ole DP :)
Sweet :). Espy is already buying me one. I can show you several ways to do it and several follow ups from it and help you get it down if you are going to give me Dr. Pepper ^_^.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Sweet :). Espy is already buying me one. I can show you several ways to do it and several follow ups from it and help you get it down if you are going to give me Dr. Pepper ^_^.
I already know it can be followed into a spike, but i rather u show me what u can do. Dr. pepper will be yours :)

hylian why aren't you going to HOBO? :confused:
shut up he's going to show me cool diddy stuff lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian why aren't you going to HOBO? :confused:
Because it's almost 4 hours away from me and this is only 1. Not to mention I have a better chance at winning this tournament then Hobo. I will be at the huge hobo in january however.

Also, two people are offering me free Dr. Pepper. How can I pass that up?

CY

Smash Ace
Because it's almost 4 hours away from me and this is only 1. Not to mention I have a better chance at winning this tournament then Hobo. I will be at the huge hobo in january however.

Also, two people are offering me free Dr. Pepper. How can I pass that up?
ah that's true. :o blah at dr. pepper, i can't resist it anymore. -_- just got it with my big mac at mcdonalds!

edit- but blah, wish you were going to HOBO, we haven't friendlied since that beaumont tourney and i'de really like some good g&w experience.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
See? Its false Advertisement for Hylian cause there is nothing better than the Dew and he isn't going to get DP. >.>;;

Anyways I care not who wins cause its gonna be me but I'll see how far i get.

Kinda sad that Dojo is going to Hobo and not here cause that's free money for him xD

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
See? Its false Advertisement for Hylian cause there is nothing better than the Dew and he isn't going to get DP. >.>;;

Anyways I care not who wins cause its gonna be me but I'll see how far i get.

Kinda sad that Dojo is going to Hobo and not here cause that's free money for him xD
Not really, this tourny is MK banned so Dojo prolly woulda went Diddy...which is what Hylian is using and from what i heard Hylian has gotten better and from what i saw and read on earlier...if hylian really does have it down perfect then his diddy is prolly better. I wonder if Dojo even knows yet.

And he is going to get DP atleast from me >_>

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If Dojo is coming, he is gonna be using Diddy. This I already know, and knowing Dojo he prolly already heard about that Naner Lock.

Nothing against Hylian's play skills, but I have yet to see Hylian's Diddy so I can't judge it just by what he or anyone says until I see it. Plus why would he go Diddy this tourney knowing that he can win it with IC's or G&W? Surely not to mock SA I hope. =/

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
If Dojo is coming, he is gonna be using Diddy. This I already know, and knowing Dojo he prolly already heard about that Naner Lock.

Nothing against Hylian's play skills, but I have yet to see Hylian's Diddy so I can't judge it just by what he or anyone says until I see it. Plus why would he go Diddy this tourney knowing that he can win it with IC's or G&W? Surely not to mock SA I hope. =/
Because diddy is good and he wants to try out his new AT im sure, i plan on doing the same thing if i play some scrub.

Hylian probably does not have a main, just plays with alot of chars

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Suspect called me a Nazi :(

TX beat him up for me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I still need Hylian to punch you though.

Call it tough love.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
the infinite of course :) its hard to set up in a real match though
i know i tried >_>

training mode was my best friend, made me feel special doing it to a non controlled person lmao

EDIT: im starting to think that me, zsdk, kprime and espy are the only ones really trying to get known and better. i mean zsdk, kprime and me both just came into brawl scene here (i dont know how long they where playing tho) and we are getting good. Espy is just amazing

SA jr has potential

EDIT: oh and the rest of reggie kush :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I'm not doing it to mock anyone. If I have to switch to GW I will switch. Simple as that. I had to switch from MK to GW against espy last time because I had only been playing MK for two days and he beat it lol. I use a lot of different characters and the only place I get really good practice is at tournaments so I like to use a lot of characters. At hobo12 I used diddy almost half my matches. At Oh snap I used GW/MK/ICs/Falco. I like the practice.

Oh, and my diddy is better then my Ice Climbers currently I'm pretty sure. Approaching my GW :).

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm not doing it to mock anyone. If I have to switch to GW I will switch. Simple as that. I had to switch from MK to GW against espy last time because I had only been playing MK for two days and he beat it lol. I use a lot of different characters and the only place I get really good practice is at tournaments so I like to use a lot of characters. At hobo12 I used diddy almost half my matches. At Oh snap I used GW/MK/ICs/Falco. I like the practice.

Oh, and my diddy is better then my Ice Climbers currently I'm pretty sure. Approaching my GW :).
And I respect that. Though you are gonna have to teach me IC's cause I wanna pick them up. :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
i know i tried >_>

training mode was my best friend, made me feel special doing it to a non controlled person lmao

EDIT: im starting to think that me, zsdk, kprime and espy are the only ones really trying to get known and better. i mean zsdk, kprime and me both just came into brawl scene here (i dont know how long they where playing tho) and we are getting good. Espy is just amazing

SA jr has potential

EDIT: oh and the rest of reggie kush :)
Im not too into the getting better part anymore. I want to be the guy that everyone knows (like for housing in SA). Ive made some friends from my trip to HOBO11 and met some ppl there. Idk why im saying any of this though lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Im not too into the getting better part anymore. I want to be the guy that everyone knows (like for housing in SA). Ive made some friends from my trip to HOBO11 and met some ppl there. Idk why im saying any of this though lol
Because your heart's still in Melee :p

As for being well known I doubt I'm going to get that way as a player, with things like a job and the end of college coming my way (community college is easy compared to upper division university classes), that's why I made the move to hosting events a long time ago. Though it's still out of sheer necessity considering things like the quality of Wootz tournaments and the sporadic Dpad tournaments.

Not to mention this all works out as some experience for my resume.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
If you hadn't known, there's like about 5 different chaingrabs from the IC's. This isn't including the full stage-to-stage chaingrab
well yea i knew, but u really only need to learn the best one >_>

no johns

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Suspect, how was the 2v2 tourny today? Actually, you should prolly post it in the SA thread lol
Ill just tell you now we only like 4 or 5 teams so we did teams for fun, me and morningstar took 2nd, Espy and Greyfox took 1st

All the money went to a singles tourny which i tied for 5th with juj, Morningstar took second and Espy won. Just pissed me off cuz the person who beat me in the losers was someone i can beat unless he uses MK >_>

Espy sent me to the losers btw close matches tho. There was only like 8 or 10 people

The guy i beat 1st round place higher than me cuz he had a easier losers bracket >_> lol

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Everyone: Just to let everyone know i will update and finalize the schedule today. I'm assuming that No one is going to bring a TV....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that will affect the schedule a tad bit. Espically since people are wanting Melee, Brawl, and teams. (i'm not doing teams for both games....unless you want to.)

So let me know if Melee doubles are also wanting to be there. If so, i'll post the schedule today (regardless weather or not it's going to take place)

*smiles*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
YES BRAWL TEAMS! Rofl juan did you get an infraction/warning for your sig? I did.
Yeah I did... so ********. I just removed the sig, figured I'd save myself the trouble :\ Drew hates me :(

I hope you're still planning on coming on Sunday? Apparently Hylian has some super secret partner, which means more competition for us XD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah I did... so ********. I just removed the sig, figured I'd save myself the trouble :\ Drew hates me :(

I hope you're still planning on coming on Sunday? Apparently Hylian has some super secret partner, which means more competition for us XD
Sunday? Isn't this event on Saturday, or did I miss something?
I'm probably going to shrink my sig size down even further, since I've realized that I do tend to post one-liners quite frequently and often.

That, or I could put more thought into each post. Whatever, I'm getting off topic.

@chickenwing: How many televisions do we have at Gamelot in total? Six? I also recall Cliff telling me that he was planning to sell several arcade stuffs to buy more.

I'd love to supply tv's, but I can't at the moment, only the Wii+Game.
Boo Melee Teams, yay Brawl Teams :D

I hope I can get a partner by then. ;_;
Hylians a jerk... XD

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Espy: i'm trying to dedicate ALL the TV's for brawl as long as possible, Which is right now atm at 1 1/2 hours. But That issue is going to be depending on how may Wii's i have there as well.

Cliff Has 8 or 9 TV's. I won't be @ the gamefest 2nite unless i have a ride there. If i do make it however, there will be STHD and SC4 2nite :)

but yea, i'm trying to make it to where we can run Smash, be it being brawl or melee, quickly and efficently as possible....

Top Bottom