• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamePad VA Presents: Rainbow Crews - June 19, 2010 (an MD/VA Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh btw,

I wish we could lower the venue fee, but we just can't. We have to pay for the space, pay our employees, etc. You guys have to realize that you are only paying $10 to play all day, and those that were there last time can vouch for how sweet the venue was.
Well then I can't bring people to your venue. Since I'm a man of business, I'll explain.

Gamepad is approximately 109 miles from my house. It's a ways. Stopping off to pick other people up extends that journey. Last time I picked up Noraa and NEO which was about an extra 16 miles out of the way. 125 miles total. Now thats 1-way- so a round trip is 250 miles. Thats the distance of some high level NASCAR races.

My car gets about 25 miles to the gallon. So that equates to a total cost of about 10 gallons of fuel to make the trip. Gas is running at about 2.65 here. So the total cost for gas alone to make the trip is 26.50. Accordingly, I'm going to charge all my riders $10.

So you see, I have to make a large effort to be at this event. Meaning, the 3 bucks everyone saves helps pay for the cost to be there. So by not lowering your venue fee, you lose my car and everyone in it, which means you forfeit the attendance to get more money. SOVAman and his car won't come either, so you just lost 7 people right off the bat. We aren't going to pay you 10 and you'll end up not being able to pay your employees as the attendance will decrease.

Or you can compromise and lower it to 7- and get the 49 bucks from our two cars + anyone else that might not like the venue fee. We can play smash in our basements for free. If you work with me, I'll work with you! Plus I'd rather give you guys business than game haven anyways.

Thanks

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Tant stated that really well

also if I can save like $3 - $5 on the venue fee that gives me a meal and singles or doubles + venue for like $20

Rawdog

Smash Rookie
I'm a crafty guy so I might be able to find a controller in time for this thing.

Also by the conversation I get that some people might not assist this event.

If that changes I would like to ask something:

As I mentioned before I'm a crafty guy, so I was leaning on my craftiness to get me to the event.
Well (And this might sound weird and unusual since this is the internet and all) I was wondering if I could get a ride from one of the people who had the afore mentioned cars. (like I said weird and unusual but I might as well try it) I know this is a large request since there are many things to be considered space and security, I thing would be the biggest ones since I don't know how many people you can fit in a car (Though clowns have made an art out of it) and you don't know who in saint peter's resting hell I am.

But...
I hope you would give my request some thought. I can give you some information as to who I am. if you accept to take me. I can fully cover my fee for the ride.

PS: if there is still space after accepting me (considering that you do) I have 2 friends that might also want to come.

I know this is a very weird so I would not be offended in the slightest if you were to refuse.
thanks for your time.

Rawdog

Smash Rookie
@kage- if they have a car I think you'd have the common since to realize they are adults

@tantalus- that's how I talk read lats posts or bio.

Plus the only reason I talk so polite is so people won't attack me for posting something. (But that's clearly useless)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Oh btw,

Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah Blah Blah blah blah, I don't wanna spend 10 dollars.

...Plus I'd rather give you guys business than game haven anyways.

Thanks
Scott, what is the meaning of this!? :(

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
Oh btw,

Well then I can't bring people to your venue. Since I'm a man of business, I'll explain.

Gamepad is approximately 109 miles from my house. It's a ways. Stopping off to pick other people up extends that journey. Last time I picked up Noraa and NEO which was about an extra 16 miles out of the way. 125 miles total. Now thats 1-way- so a round trip is 250 miles. Thats the distance of some high level NASCAR races.

My car gets about 25 miles to the gallon. So that equates to a total cost of about 10 gallons of fuel to make the trip. Gas is running at about 2.65 here. So the total cost for gas alone to make the trip is 26.50. Accordingly, I'm going to charge all my riders $10.

So you see, I have to make a large effort to be at this event. Meaning, the 3 bucks everyone saves helps pay for the cost to be there. So by not lowering your venue fee, you lose my car and everyone in it, which means you forfeit the attendance to get more money. SOVAman and his car won't come either, so you just lost 7 people right off the bat. We aren't going to pay you 10 and you'll end up not being able to pay your employees as the attendance will decrease.

Or you can compromise and lower it to 7- and get the 49 bucks from our two cars + anyone else that might not like the venue fee. We can play smash in our basements for free. If you work with me, I'll work with you! Plus I'd rather give you guys business than game haven anyways.

Thanks
I guess you'll be playing smash in a basement then LOL.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Humbled me for the moment

Now im just being ignorant for pretty much the sole reason of boredom

Things just arent fun anymore. Sigh. Sorry bolt and pulse. I guess i am held to some kind of standard where when people take shots at me i cant fire back, i guess i shouldnt.

Anyways, ill be here if venue is lowered. Otherwiser- see you all at the next one, money is tight...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Oh btw,

Thanks
Does those $3 you are saving really make THAT much of a difference? I understand you are already paying a lot to get there, pay entry, eat lunch, whatever.... but is whether you go or not really dependent on $3? Do those $3 make all the difference between paying too much and a good price? You're already dropping like $50+ by going down there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It does, actually,

but it's the principle of the matter as well. And it's everyone in the car that saves it, not just me. 3 bucks is lunch sometimes!

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
It does, actually,

but it's the principle of the matter as well. And it's everyone in the car that saves it, not just me. 3 bucks is lunch sometimes!
You have realize that it's a store run project though, not a simple tournament run by one or two people that can do without a profit. If they drop it below $10 then it's hardly worth running when you take all the costs into account.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
If they can't drop it then why did they drop it last time?

Either they should drop the price or just expect 10 less people

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
If they can't drop it then why did they drop it last time?

Either they should drop the price or just expect 10 less people
They dropped it last time to try and get money by attendance but with all the costs there was seriously almost no money made at all. They're hoping to raise it up in order to make a profit, this'll be the last tournament there all summer pretty much it would be awesome if you guys could show.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Well the deciding factor for me showing is the $3

lower it and I will be glad to go, if something doesn't come up

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
You want to play at a good venue, expect to pay a $10 venue fee. C3, Gamepad, Gamehaven are all Lan Centers, places of buisiness, so stop complaining about the venue fee. This community is soo childish at times..

As you said, if you don't want to spend the money and sit in your basement and jerk each other off, then do so. Everyone else on the other hand that doesn't have a problem spending 3 extra F*cking dollars will be at Gamepad enjoying themselves.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You want to play at a good venue, expect to pay a $10 venue fee. C3, Gamepad, Gamehaven are all Lan Centers, places of buisiness, so stop complaining about the venue fee. This community is soo childish at times..

As you said, if you don't want to spend the money and sit in your basement and jerk each other off, then do so. Everyone else on the other hand that doesn't have a problem spending 3 extra F*cking dollars will be at Gamepad enjoying themselves as they did at the previous event.
I rather not play at a lan center then

since this is the lan center attitude

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Or we can stop attending

Your profit = not our problem rofl, you have to have something attractive to the players, you can't just be like "pay $10" and expect everyone to say "yes massa"

Robfox, what are you doing here, go back to PA and get 2 stocked by me :p (I might see you in PA at harrisburg, lets rematch then!) How is what I said a lie? I don't understand

Robfox

Smash Lord
Or we can stop attending

Your profit = not our problem rofl, you have to have something attractive to the players, you can't just be like "pay $10" and expect everyone to say "yes massa"

Robfox, what are you doing here, go back to PA and get 2 stocked by me :p (I might see you in PA at harrisburg, lets rematch then!) How is what I said a lie? I don't understand
lol that wont happen again I guarantee that :p and as long as I have been here most people have been ***** online so that is why I called it a lie. Cookies :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh ROFL, well I mean I should be nicer myself, I just dislike tyrants, what can I say.

RobFox we might do some events closer to Northern MD in the summer, you should come down. Lancaster isn't THAT far away from Baltimore/Westminster.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I rather not play at a lan center then

since this is the lan center attitude
This isn't the "Lan Center Attitude". I do not work nor play for Gamepad, you know where I reside. I'm just tired of people crying about the venue fee. If you don't like it, don't come. It's that simple, just stop complaining.

Or we can stop attending

Your right, its not your problem, if what Gamepad, Gamehaven, or C3 isn't "attractive" enough for you to pay 3 extra dollars, then don't come. Complaining gets you nowhere, doing something about it does. Your venue's can be cheap, ours will not be because we have profit to make for the buisness we work for. Plain and simple.

Get a Job, try and run a tourney at that venue, and see for yourself.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Look at it this way, Mr. Profit

20 people @ $10 = 200 bucks for the store

30 people @ $7 = 210 bucks for the store + greater word of mouth

You tell me which is more profitable

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Tbh, the Smash community (from what I'm seeing in MD/VA anyway) have the mindset of a bunch of spoiled kids. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular and I'm not trying to say anything bad about anyone, I'm just saying my honest opinions. If you can host a tourney with a $5 venue, then g****, not everyone can. Tbh, I have no idea when this b1tching about venue fees started, pretty much every tourney in 09 in MD/VA had $10 venue fees. People still went. Now that you are given a few $5-7 venue fee tourneys, you expect all tourneys to be like that. I don't really know what to say =/ Its really greedy IMO, it's like you're given something good (let's remember GamePad did have a $7 venue fee for their last tourney) and that's all you want. And you know what, if you're not going (which I'm probably not unfortunately, but I do WANT to) just say you're not going, don't go ape**** and attack the TOs/venue for the venue fee that was pretty much standard until a few months ago.

I'm going to straight up say this now, there are people in the community I like, but because of there ALWAYS being stupid ****/drama going on, whether it be THIS or THAT I don't like the community as a community, it looks really bad. Which is one of the reasons I seldom post on the boards unless its for MMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom