• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamePad VA Presents: Rainbow Crews - June 19, 2010 (an MD/VA Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice

Presents
Rainbow Crews

TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY JUNE 19, 2010
Spotsylvania Towne Centre Food Court
NO HDTVs!

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Pricing:
• $10.00 Venue Fee
• $10.00 Singles Fee
• $10.00 Doubles Fee/person
• $5.00 Crew Fee

Schedule:
• 10:00 AM – Spotsylvania Towne Centre Opens/Registration Begins
• 10:00 AM-11:30 PM – Warm-up period
• 11:30 AM – Doubles Tournament Begins
• Singles Tournament Begins immediately following the doubles tournament
• Crew draft will occur immediately following the singles tournament; top 2 will be captains
• All sets will be open for casuals/money matches/crew battles from the end of the crew battle until 9:30 PM

Prizes:
• Singles pot split 60/20/10/5/2.5x2
• Doubles pot split 60/30/10
• Crew pot paid 100% to winning side

Perks
The first 4 players to provide Wiis with all characters unlocked and a copy of the game will get half off their venue fee.
• Famous Wok will be giving a 10% discount to all registered players
• Chick-fil-a will be giving a free chicken sandwich to all registered players

General Rules:
• BYOC
• MLG Ruleset
• No turbo or modified controllers
• No pausing; intentional pausing will result in a forfeit.
• Ties will be broken by a sudden death match, 1 stock. First player out loses.
• PLEASE be on time; we cannot allow the tournament to be held up.
• No shows will be handed a loss after 2 minutes; in order to hold all three events we must be more strict about it this time around

1v1 Settings
• 3 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
2v2 Settings
• 3 Stock
• 8 Minutes
• Items Off
• Team Attack = On
Neutral Stages:
• Battlefield
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Final Destination
• Halberd
• Lylat Cruise
• Pokémon Stadium
• Smashville
• Yoshi’s Island
Counterpick Stages:
• Brinstar
• Frigate Orpheon
• Green Greens
• Norfair
• Pictochat
• Pokémon Stadium 2
• Rainbow Cruise

Pay at GamePad
Bracket registration in the food court

We had a fantastic turnout this past weekend for our return tournament. We truly appreciate everyone coming out to support us. As always, we are open to suggestions. We received a lot of valuable information before our last tournament that led to changes that we think everyone can agree were for the better. That said, we hope to see everyone from Saturday and then some at the stage again next month!

GamePad is a LAN center located between Washington, DC and Richmond, VA. We are the only center in the area fully participating in the GG Circuit. Our location has 36 Xbox 360s, 3 PS3s and 2 Wiis hooked up to 20 32" 1080p HDTVs, 19 23" 720p HDTVs, a 40" 1080p HDTV and a 23" SDTV that is wholly dedicated to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
As long as I don't have other obligations, I'll see you here.

I'll be taking off MLG weekend...

Edit: Name is amazing, this has to be lykeios

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Day after my graduation, I'm so coming to this :D

*EDIT: completely forgot about all night grad and all that, probably not coming lol

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Almost definitely going to be there. Just the typical spontaneous problems that could interfere :p

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be practicing all Samus for this tournament. Expect to see scary things from my Samus when this tourney comes around. I'm using her for all but a few match ups so someone hold me to it.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we're kind of stuck with the date. It's the only Saturday available until the middle of August.

Anyone that showed up last weekend can vouch for how cool it was; we're planning to make some things even better next time.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
Sweet, I should be there!

MattyP, Are you having the SSF4 tourney at the same time as the smash one?

I was wondering because I might wanna play in both.

Do I need to pay the venue fee twice or no? if I wanted to attend both?

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Probably a dumb question that is probably a yes but I'm just gonna make sure... We can just pay into the crew pot if we aren't doing singles right? I have an event going on at my work (mandatory) that is running until 2 so I can't make it to singles. I wasn't sure because you listed them together in the OP.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Pricing:
• $10.00 Venue Fee
• $15.00 Buy-in ($10 to singles pot, $5 to crew pot)
Venue back to 10 = boo

Also, 15 for singles? 5 goes to the crew pot? What if we don't wanna do crews? We're being forced to give up 5 dollars?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh wait they put the venue back to 10? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Alright so you're doing crews instead of teams? Is that what I'm hearing? That's not a terrible idea really, as long as its draft crews. But teams is just more fun in general, if anything try to do all 3 if we start on time it shouldn't be an issue

If you drop the venue back to 7 I'll help you gain supporters for this event. Otherwise...

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I was thinking about attending this earlier

but now its a no for sure

unless you add doubles and lower venue fee to $5 - $7

Rawdog

Smash Rookie
I have Questions:
1. can I bring a gamecube controller (not an original one it has that turbo thing but it doesn't work) ?
2. I pay the day of the tournament?
3. Any one can attend right?

that's pretty much it. I'm new so if any of these questions are considered stupid I apologize.
thanks for your time.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I have Questions:
1. can I bring a gamecube controller (not an original one it has that turbo thing but it doesn't work) ?

that's pretty much it. I'm new so if any of these questions are considered stupid I apologize.
thanks for your time.
Thanks for asking

1. Yes everyone has to bring there own controller, and it can be a wiimote or a gamecube controller

2. Yes, pay the day of

3. Anyone can attend

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I have Questions:

thanks for your time.
lol you're so polite

feel free to ask anything :o

Rawdog

Smash Rookie
no title

lol you're so polite

feel free to ask anything :o
very well then.
I'm still not clear on somethings:
1. my controller has a turbo (though it's broke) and it's the only controller I have at the time can I still bring it?
2. what are teams, crews, crew pot and MLG rule-set. (I'm sorry but the numbering system gets tedious at times)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Rainbow Crews is such a sexy name, like I have to be here just because of that.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
• Added Doubles
• Added 2 minute no show rule and changed start time to ensure that all events occur
• I wish we could lower the venue fee, but we just can't. We have to pay for the space, pay our employees, etc. You guys have to realize that you are only paying $10 to play all day, and those that were there last time can vouch for how sweet the venue was.
We cannot and will not hold the tournament up. We held it back for a couple hours last time and that led to several complaints from players and us not making it out by closing time.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
very well then.
I'm still not clear on somethings:
1. my controller has a turbo (though it's broke) and it's the only controller I have at the time can I still bring it?
2. what are teams, crews, crew pot and MLG rule-set. (I'm sorry but the numbering system gets tedious at times)
1. We can't allow the use of any controllers with turbo functions. Sorry.
2. Teams (2v2), Draft Crews (top 2 in singles draft crews to battle), MLG rule-set can be found on the MLG website. It's quite extensive.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You guys realize that draft crews for like 40 people with 2 teams would take like 5 hours right? How many people are on a team, and how many teams are you using?

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
You guys realize that draft crews for like 40 people with 2 teams would take like 5 hours right? How many people are on a team, and how many teams are you using?
We'll find some way to make it work...I hope...

If anything we could break it up into more than 2 teams...I'm assuming from what I've read that folks would rather do Doubles than Draft Crews if it came down to it?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think the best idea is to have the top 16 in singles play draft crews with the top 4 as team captains. 4th place picks first, then 3rd, then 2nd, then 1st, and reverse 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, like a fantasy football draft. Then you do double elim with 4 teams, 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i dont understand why you don't just use the setup everyone else uses so u can:

- save time
- attract a larger audience
- get more $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom