• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and Hrnut Present: Brawl Wars II - Truce 11/8/2008 (Brawl & Melee)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, i apologize if my joke was considered rude. Anyone should know there was no serious intent in said joke, but i sincerely do apologize if anyone was offended by it.

what i dont apologize for, is being pissed about my tourney getting **** on twice by two seperate melee tourneys, when all i was trying to do was hold a melee tourney for you guys. I've made it very clear that i do not play melee, and i dont wish to play melee. But ive also made it very clear that i dont want the melee scene to just die out...but if i catch all this flack from you melee people about coming to a melee tourney, and THEN if you DO show up to a melee tourney all you do is ***** and complain about how bad brawl is all ****ing day long instead of enjoying your own game, and even try to just get brawl removed from the tourney entirely (Even tourneys you PROBABLY WONT EVEN ATTEND...LOOK AT THE ARCADE RENAISSANCE THREAD FOR ****S SAKE), then i dont want ***gots like that around my tourneys. You dont see brawl players at brawl tourneys going "man...i know no one here is playing melee, but its such a terrible game...". I dont host tourneys for myself or for money. I do ****ty at almost every tourney that I host (dont know why), and I dont get paid to run any tourney I do, be it house brawl or brawl wars. I host tourneys for the sole purpose of people to have a good time, not to have half of the crowd make fun of the other half for playing a different game, and thinking they are literally better people than the others just because they PLAY A ****ING GAME! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

For the record, i dont care if you like melee and would take a steaming **** on brawl in public AND pay someone to let you do it, but dont be an ******* about it to the people who play brawl. Respect other tourneys and their dates. If its the same game, dont host a tourney on the same date unless both tourneys are like...the very tip top and the very bottom of FL, like tally and miami. These places were about 2 and a half hours away from each other...theres no reason for this.

but you know what, the tourney is over, and now that i've had my mini rant on a certain variety of melee player (note: not all melee players fall into the above rant), im not gonna worry about it. I see what the problem is. The problem arises from the fact that i tried to host melee at my tournament. If there was no melee, there wouldve been no problems. Even if it were lower attendance, no drama would have happened. So the next brawl wars is going to be strictly brawl again. Until the melee community can show me that they can at least band together and attend their tourneys instead of splitting attendance for their own events, Brawl wars will continue to be just that: Brawl

Zoro

Smash Champion
everyone knows what i would say if i wanted to say it but i dont want to say what i would have wanted to say so i wont.

You lost an insignificant number of people that would have put like 6 more dollars in seibriks/afros/ hrnuts/ whoever won brawl wars pocket. oh no

when i say insignificant it would be like 4 because nobody that went to labtec would have gone cept maybe colin queen finch and garbanzo.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
everyone knows what i would say if i wanted to say it but i dont want to say what i would have wanted to say so i wont.

You lost an insignificant number of people that would have put like 6 more dollars in seibriks/afros/ hrnuts/ whoever won brawl wars pocket. oh no

when i say insignificant it would be like 4 because nobody that went to labtec would have gone cept maybe colin queen finch and garbanzo.
hmm? i already said it wouldnt have effected brawl singles much at all. maybe like 3-4 more people. But it had a big influence on the melee singles portion, which is what i was most concerned about. Im sure everyone at labtech would've came to this for melee singles and entered, or at least attempted to come to this

Again, for any bystanders, all of my ranting is NOT about the attendance of any of the brawl events at my tourney. All of my ranting is about the lack of attedance of the melee portion of my tourney.

Zoro

Smash Champion
hmm? i already said it wouldnt have effected brawl singles much at all. maybe like 3-4 more people. But it had a big influence on the melee singles portion, which is what i was most concerned about. Im sure everyone at labtech would've came to this for melee singles and entered, or at least attempted to come to this

Again, for any bystanders, all of my ranting is NOT about the attendance of any of the brawl events at my tourney. All of my ranting is about the lack of attedance of the melee portion of my tourney.
You havnt met half the people that went to labtech it was just the old pre brawl players.
Noob testament doesnt travel, wato doesnt travel unless hiroshi does and he was busy, culadar barely travels and if they do its to important tournaments not small ones. Sick and nastee are strictly melee players but ive only seen them go to cfl tourneys. Nobody would have went regardless.Exarch wouldnt have come.

Trust me even for the melee portion u lost about 3-4 people.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
ok we are done here

Please this might become a Me vs Fenrir thang...

Oh an Fenrir...um...yea it was all a joke. Really. I was a little offended, but we should play melee and sing kumbah ya xD.

Finch

Smash Lord
This really is not a hard concept. You did not lose ANY attendance because of labtech. The only people who would have been interested in going to this that went to labtech are people that don't drive. Therefore they would not have gone. This is not an assumption it's truth.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Finch. Let me ask you something.

Regardless of who you think will or will not show up, and whether you will or won't, what purpose does it serve to come in and say shit like this?

Wow keith. No one from CFL would have come to this ****hole anyway because me and andy are the only ones who live here that are willing to drive and we both don't care about brawl or want to drive 3 hours to a tournament that less than 20 people go to. Don't host a tournament in a place that no one lives near and blame other people when no one shows up.

Really, what good does that do? You're insulting the venue, the owner, and everyone who actually managed to show up.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
that was the coolest ant eater ever...

Who knew one of there defense mechanisms is to stand up an give a hug...

or do the "Now whoa now whoa, wait a minute" gesture xD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
similar to this ant eater, my defense mechanism is to say something like "whoa whoa whoa hold up" to buy time while thinking of a way out

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Okay, Finch. Let me ask you something.

Regardless of who you think will or will not show up, and whether you will or won't, what purpose does it serve to come in and say shit like this?

Really, what good does that do? You're insulting the venue, the owner, and everyone who actually managed to show up.
The main reason Finch probably came in mad, is because of the rude *** comment GDX made about the girl dying a few years earlier cause of bad karma!!!

I know that was uncalled for!!!

:colorful:
agreed

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
skrach, had the opportunity to make a last minute melee tournament for a really good cause. when asked about changing he mentioned since this was last notice he would have trouble doing that an he really couldnt move it. He wanted it to be a reunion tourney like he said which is basically the old school melee'ers who dont play brawl anyways. How could we pass this up. And like i said before, i didnt make my tourney to **** on yours. I didnt even know yours was going down on the same day. But i really couldnt have changed the date. So we're not dong it on purpose just to cause you anguish. I think the best route is for you to just do brawl. Cuz i really wouldnt want to drive for just a small melee singles event. I want full fledged melee. Hope your tourneys do better in the future.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
agreed
hey, i apologized for the joke. It may have been of bad taste, and i apologized

when finch apologizes for calling this venue a ****hole, then everything will be back to normal, cause thats the one thing i cant stand. this venue is amazing

Leh

Smash Ace
skrach, had the opportunity to make a last minute melee tournament for a really good cause. when asked about changing he mentioned since this was last notice he would have trouble doing that an he really couldnt move it. He wanted it to be a reunion tourney like he said which is basically the old school melee'ers who dont play brawl anyways. How could we pass this up. And like i said before, i didnt make my tourney to **** on yours. I didnt even know yours was going down on the same day. But i really couldnt have changed the date. So we're not dong it on purpose just to cause you anguish. I think the best route is for you to just do brawl. Cuz i really wouldnt want to drive for just a small melee singles event. I want full fledged melee. Hope your tourneys do better in the future.

-hiro
Because if brawl is at the same tourney, melee becomes tainted...

/facepalm

Finch

Smash Lord
I don't know anything about the venue. I doubt it's actually a ****hole. I was just mad about the ****ed up comment that keith posted. It is a bad venue simply because of location, but you obviously don't understand that concept so I'll stop posting about it. I never would have posted in this topic at all if I hadn't heard about keith's comment.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't know anything about the venue. I doubt it's actually a ****hole. I was just mad about the ****ed up comment that keith posted. It is a bad venue simply because of location, but you obviously don't understand that concept so I'll stop posting about it. I never would have posted in this topic at all if I hadn't heard about keith's comment.
hey, i apologized twice for the joke i made. Whenever i say a joke from now on ill make sure to put this ----> :chuckle::laugh: <------ so people know im not serious

really, the only part of FL this venue isnt convenient for is CFL. Its an hour or so less of a drive for SFL to here than to gigs. Its like 30 minutes for WFL, and NFL doesnt come to our tourneys anyway, but if they did, its only an hour or so more from tally to here than tally to Orlando. On the other hand, Orlando is 3-4 hours from SFL depending on where you are (3 from Palm Coast or whatever that place is called, 4 for miami), and 1.5-2 hours from WFL

so in the grand scheme of things, the venue is actually in a better location than gigs, when you think about the entire state and what they have to drive to get here. But gigs is in orlando so of course its gonna have a higher base of people per tourney. Not to mention this place has a foosball table, an air hocket table, a pool table, and it STILL has more open room than 3-4 gigs combined.

The next brawl wars tourney imma record a video fo me walking around the place just so people who havnt been there can see how amazing it is

but finch, im not mad at you. youve admitted that the venue isnt a ****hole, and thats all i needed.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
wrong again, its almost exactly halfway in between central and south florida, why does that make it a bad location??? sfl travels all the way up florida to go to gigs, so does mwfl, but cfl doesnt do ****. cfl expects everyone to come to orlando and refuse to go anywhere else.

i would have stayed up there for a melee charity tournament with the oldschool meleeers too so i understand why there were no shows. but it would help the entire states game if there could be a bigger attendance outside of orlando.

Finch

Smash Lord
The last two tournaments I have been to in orlando no one has traveled to. For the last tournament I drove to in SFL I drove the only car from anywhere else. CFL people don't just expect SFL people to come to us, but we do have the respected tournament series that people know it's worth it to travel to (gigs). No one knows anything about Lan Odyssey except it's huge and there's always going to be low attendance because everyone has to drive at least 2 hours to get there. There's not really much difference between driving 2 hours and 3 hours except that if you drive for 3 hours you know you're going to a decent sized tournament. That's why LO is in a bad location. No one wants to travel if they can help it, but they will if there are going to be a lot of locals. Because there are no locals in Venice, few people are going to be willing to make a road trip there. If you want to host a good tournament series a place "halfway in between" (it's not really) is not a good location. Find a venue in CFL or SFL and people will be more willing to come.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you know what, I give up.

You win Finch.

There's no reason to bother having tourneys aside from gigs. If they're not gigs, they will suck and nobody will go. If nobody goes, they will continue to suck for all eternity.

Actually you know what, **** smash. All I do is waste time and money on it anyway, and then get frustrated when I see people like Finch do nothing but try and trash other people's attempts at doing something to help.

I'm done, peace.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I wish I could have made this... I really want to see this venue at some point.

General comments in the thread:

GDX, the joke was pretty sketchy, yeah... I gotta admit. It was a joke, sure, but yeah... But I agree with you about making it just Brawl. I mean, really, it's not usually worth this kind of a pain, so why not, eh?

PolMex...I've got nothing against anybody... I just hate that Kumba Ya song, so if we could avoid that part of it, that'd be great.

And could we, as a community, just ignore Finch in Brawl tourney threads? I mean really.. that makes sense to me.

I hope to catch one of these later on... good stuff to the winners... get better to the losers... go away hungrybox... and peace to everybody

Finch

Smash Lord
jesus christ I'm just trying to explain common sense but if you think I 'm just hating on your tournament then whatever don't read my posts. ****

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
they have ****ty *** tvs
only 1 of the actual lan odyssey TVs lagged. The two huge TVs against the wall and the other big TV didnt lag. They had one big gray one that lagged...the other laggy TV was Abes. it was minor lag but it was still lag. I guess i was used to that TV cause i had played on it two seperate days before so i personally didnt notice it

dont get frustrated over this little forum stuff kamano. Just drop it. You'll feel much better if you do

yea fenrir, it was a sketchy joke and i apologized for it. I also apologize i didnt put :chuckle::laugh: after the joke for people to be able to tell

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I wish I could have made this... I really want to see this venue at some point.

General comments in the thread:

GDX, the joke was pretty sketchy, yeah... I gotta admit. It was a joke, sure, but yeah... But I agree with you about making it just Brawl. I mean, really, it's not usually worth this kind of a pain, so why not, eh?

PolMex...I've got nothing against anybody... I just hate that Kumba Ya song, so if we could avoid that part of it, that'd be great.

And could we, as a community, just ignore Finch in Brawl tourney threads? I mean really.. that makes sense to me.

I hope to catch one of these later on... good stuff to the winners... get better to the losers... go away hungrybox... and peace to everybody
dammit. :(

Zoro

Smash Champion
only 1 of the actual lan odyssey TVs lagged. The two huge TVs against the wall and the other big TV didnt lag. They had one big gray one that lagged...the other laggy TV was Abes. it was minor lag but it was still lag. I guess i was used to that TV cause i had played on it two seperate days before so i personally didnt notice it
If u can tell lag in brawl that means the tv is SUPER LAGGY
if you cant it doesnt matter brawl feels laggy no matter what so its ok.

You have to play melee on one of them to notice the difference.
You dont need split second timing for anything in brawl you can be late or early for ur moves and it will most likely still connect. L canceling is kina specific tho.

All of those flatsceen plasma/ HD TVS lag it doesnt matter what u say they do

why do u think we carry around those big *** tvs to gigs for?

Frames

DI
what i don't understand is this

if you actually paid for the venue out of pocket, or promised the owner of the venue a certain attendance/money, i could understand being upset about nobody showing up and being mad at the other tournament

but if the venue was free and it really didn't cost anything to host this tournament (other than gas and food), then why is it such a big deal?

just have fun with the people that showed up and focus on making it a really cool event, then more people will be motivated to come in the future and everything will work out better in the long run

don't hate on finch, he's just sayin that because cfl has a ton of people here already that tournaments will be pretty good already, and that's true, but that doesn't mean we can't travel to good events either, traveling to new places is part of the fun :)

anyhoo, let's all just chill kthxbai

:monkey:

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
frames is such a cool and civil guy. i agree with him.

GDX, about the joke thing, im pretty sure everybody already knew it was a joke, so putting the smile faces wouldnt have changed anything. its one of those things you dont joke about. and yes, i do know you apologized already, so you dont have to respond to this with a "i apologized already" like you have to most of the other comments regarding this situation.

Your venue for this tourney is a really good venue. Very roomy with enough room to house a crazy amount of tv's. Just to put that out their cuz i did go to brawl wars 1.

If you have another house tourney i would come since its not that far from my house.

i suck at melee.

i suck at brawl.

i suck at halo 3.

i used to OWN in yugioh..........................but now i suck in that too.

im going off to play WoW now.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
frames is such a cool and civil guy. i agree with him.

GDX, about the joke thing, im pretty sure everybody already knew it was a joke, so putting the smile faces wouldnt have changed anything. its one of those things you dont joke about. and yes, i do know you apologized already, so you dont have to respond to this with a "i apologized already" like you have to most of the other comments regarding this situation.

Your venue for this tourney is a really good venue. Very roomy with enough room to house a crazy amount of tv's. Just to put that out their cuz i did go to brawl wars 1.

If you have another house tourney i would come since its not that far from my house.

i suck at melee.

i suck at brawl.

i suck at halo 3.

i used to OWN in yugioh..........................but now i suck in that too.

im going off to play WoW now.

-hiro
lol, you played yugioh? terrible

what server do you play on? i started playing WoW yesterday myself :laugh:

Top Bottom