• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gen 6 Pokemon will be out BEFORE Smash 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I love Pokemon dont get me wrong but 6 slots imo is ridiculous for sure.

But what you lot think about 5 slots? i would love it! but is it still overkill?

Pika
Jiggly
PT
Lucario/5/6 Gen
Mewtwo

is that overkill?

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love Pokemon dont get me wrong but 6 slots imo is ridiculous for sure.

But what you lot think about 5 slots? i would love it! but is it still overkill?

Pika
Jiggly
PT
Lucario/5/6 Gen
Mewtwo

is that overkill?
Even though I wouldn't say it's the most likely (even though I have it on my roster), I'd say having six slots isn't impossible. If there weren't any cuts (which I think Sakurai will strive for), Mewtwo was re-added (which is pretty self-explanatory for why it should happen), and we get a newcomer (possibly from Gen VI -- possibly by Game Freak's request), it would results in a situation I think is in the realm of possibility for a series as large with as many characters as Pokemon. Sure, it's not overly likely, but... I wouldn't totally count it out. It's entirely possible (if Pra_Mai were Plusle & Minun) that Sakurai was planning to have six for Brawl. If not, he was definitely planning on having five, and this would only be one step more. While 5 is more likely, I don't think 6 is totally unrealistic, but I understand why many people think differently.

Anyway, no, 5 slots for Pokemon definitely isn't overkill. Your selection makes sense (and will most likely be how the roster ends up), even if you did sort of leave one of the slots a bit ambiguous. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't even think 6 roster spots is out of the question. There are over 700 in the series now, so having 6 roster spots and 8 characters represent one of Nintendo's most popular franchises? Not that much overkill if you ask me.

If Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, and has maintained popularity in both the US and Japan, then i'm confident we'll see him back. He was intended to be in the entire time. Even from the beginning, Mewtwo was meant to be in.

This is also why I don't feel he will replace Lucario or anything. The only thing that would replace Lucario, is a poster child Pokemon that equates to his popularity, or outshines his popularity. Otherwise, I don't see why Lucario has to be removed at all, if he was planned alongside two other characters in Brawl.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Maybe with upcoming RSE remakes as well, that boosts chances for Plusle and Minun, or possibly Deoxys. God I fûčking love deoxys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe with upcoming RSE remakes as well, that boosts chances for Plusle and Minun, or possibly Deoxys. God I fûčking love deoxys.

Since when was a generation 3 remake even announced? I don't believe there ever will be one.

I think the release of Generation 6 cemented no gen 3 remake

splat

Smash Lord
Since when was a generation 3 remake even announced? I don't believe there ever will be one.

I think the release of Generation 6 cemented no gen 3 remake
Correct. The necessity for the remakes lied in the transition between generation 2 and 3, which could not communicate. Because of this, it was impossible to catch any Pokémon that were not in the Hoenn Pokédex, effectively negating the slogan of Pokémon: "Gotta catch 'em all!".

We can transfer Pokémon from generation 3 and upwards to generation 5, so each Pokémon should be accessible at this point. So unless generation 6 is unable to communicate (and we can all assume it will be able) with previous games, we probably won't see RSE remakes soon.

Somewhat of a shame - I loved playing through Hoenn, I love the Pokédex - but I'd prefer a new 'adventure' over a remake any day.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Once Gen 6 is out and we know all of the Pokemon, I will edit this thread to include likely gen 6 reps. I just hope there are some really cool Pokes this time around.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Tell me again why RSE remakes arent coming? Its not that I didnt believe you, More I didnt understand

D

Deleted member

Splat explained it quite nicely.
The necessity for the remakes lied in the transition between generation 2 and 3, which could not communicate. Because of this, it was impossible to catch any Pokémon that were not in the Hoenn Pokédex, effectively negating the slogan of Pokémon: "Gotta catch 'em all!".

We can transfer Pokémon from generation 3 and upwards to generation 5, so each Pokémon should be accessible at this point. So unless generation 6 is unable to communicate (and we can all assume it will be able) with previous games, we probably won't see RSE remakes soon.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The necessity for the remakes lied in the transition between generation 2 and 3, which could not communicate. Because of this, it was impossible to catch any Pokémon that were not in the Hoenn Pokédex, effectively negating the slogan of Pokémon: "Gotta catch 'em all!".

Thing is, though, there were a ton of Gen 2 Pokemon avaliable in Gen 3 and 4(before the remakes), so this argument is moot to me. I don't think it's guarunteed that we'll see RSE remakes, but I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Thing is, though, there were a ton of Gen 2 Pokemon avaliable in Gen 3 and 4(before the remakes), so this argument is moot to me. I don't think it's guarunteed that we'll see RSE remakes, but I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility.
This. I believe they see opportunities for more $$$ and they take them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still going with my prediction I had before X/Y were announced that R/S remakes will come out after "Z version" (or whatever it ends up being called -- probably Z) on the 3DS, probably around ~2016 (since Pokemon releases seem to be getting closer together).

Unless GF wants to put another 2 gens on one platform, but I hope they don't.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I'm still going with my prediction I had before X/Y were announced that R/S remakes will come out after "Z version" (or whatever it ends up being called -- probably Z) on the 3DS, probably around ~2016 (since Pokemon releases seem to be getting closer together).

Unless GF wants to put another 2 gens on one platform, but I hope they don't.
I doubt Z. Unless you have found a Z chromosome

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It isn't JUST about XY chromosomes, the XY are also about coordinates.

Especially since the Y pokemon is in the air, and the X pokemon is on the ground

The DNA strands seem to link it to it, but the XYZ coordinates seem to fit in with it as well

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Chances are they aren't named after chromosomes, they're named after coordinates/axes/dimension. Z being depth, which would compliment the new 3D look, and the 3D of the 3DS.

There are a couple speculative articles out there that go more in depth than this, but this is the gist of the theory.

EDIT: Yeah, also what Psycho said.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I say this because of the DNA strand in the title.

Also this lead me stronger to believing the RSE remakes were set in stone, for Deoxys is the DNA pokemon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, yeah, the Japanese titles have DNA in them, don't they. Like Psycho said, it's probably both.

splat

Smash Lord
Also this lead me stronger to believing the RSE remakes were set in stone, for Deoxys is the DNA pokemon.
In all honesty, this feels like grasping at straws to me.

Remember when Black 2 and White 2 were announced? People believed RSE remakes were coming because their logos were somewhat red and blue.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
But there are distinct strands of DNA in the title of X and Y.

And yeah to some extent i am grasping at straws

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I doubt we will ever see RSE remakes at this point. There's little point to it.

And the titles of X and Y may correlate to a mathematical equation, although DNA is more likely in my opinion.

Back to the OT, unless we see some kind of Gen 6 mascot soon, Gen 6 may not have a playable character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But we need some kind of iconic Gen 6 Pokemon to appear and gain popularity before it can get into smash.

Gen 4 had Lucario.
Gen 5 had Zoroark.

Heck Gen 3 even had Blaziken.

Gen 6 doesn't seem to have on yet. If it does get one soon, it will be a likely newcomer but we haven't seen one yet.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
But we need some kind of iconic Gen 6 Pokemon to appear and gain popularity before it can get into smash.

Gen 4 had Lucario.
Gen 5 had Zoroark.

Gen 6 doesn't seem to have on yet. If it does get one soon, it will be a likely newcomer but we haven't seen one yet.
Right now it is impossible as it isn't out yet. Sure the Y legend and the fox seem most popular but that is only out of 5 pokemon.

TheCreator

Smash Lord

Gen 4 had Lucario.
Gen 5 had Zoroark.

That's because there are only 5 pokemon known so far.
also:
Gen 1: Pikachu, Mewtwo
Gen 2: Celebii, Lugia
Gen 3: Deoxys, Rayquaza
Gen 4: Lucario, Darkrai
Gen 5: Zoroark, Genesect

Those are who Im pretty sure the poster pokemon of each region where supposed to be.
But it's debatable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I vote for Q as the Yellow / Crystal / Emerald of this generation. Otherwise, expect X-2 and Y-2... Yes, $ still rules the world. :rolleyes:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
http://kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy-explanation-for-pokmon-xy-might-blow-your-mind#13581985364273&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":1855}

So apperantly the sixth generation of pokemon will cover pokemon genetics, dimensional planes, and norse mythology.

I have to say im excited.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That fox's design is stupid

Froakie for SM4SH
Froakie is the best. Period. It's a shame that on many Pokemon forums he seems to be so outclassed in popularity by Fenniken, and usually is right behind Chespin...

splat

Smash Lord
Froakie is the best. Period. It's a shame that on many Pokemon forums he seems to be so outclassed in popularity by Fenniken, and usually is right behind Chespin...
Froakie is pretty much the oddball out of the three.

I've seen various fan-evolutions of the three, and while Fenniken's and Chespin's generally quite look alike, Froakie's are vastly different from each other, ranging from Flying to Ice and from Psychic to Fighting. I like him :)

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
personally I like Froakie and Chespin.

It'll be interesting to see what pokemon we will have but eh.

Plus I'm sure the gen will be out enough too get a rep in it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Fennekin the most, even though I wanted him to be a whelp growing up to be a lion. :urg: Can't deny he's still the best looking, and even cute. Like these guys much better than the Gen 5 starters, but I shouldn't complain, never played Gen 5 anyway. Gen 4 also might've sucked, but Infernape was pure madness. I basically only liked him from all the Gen 4 new Pokemon, and Hippowdon maybe. Hippos are awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Fennekin the most, even though I wanted him to be a whelp growing up to be a lion. :urg: Can't deny he's still the best looking, and even cute. Like these guys much better than the Gen 5 starters, but I shouldn't complain, never played Gen 5 anyway. Gen 4 also might've sucked, but Infernape was pure madness. I basically only liked him from all the Gen 4 new Pokemon, and Hippowdon maybe. Hippos are awesome.
I can deny he's the best looking.

I'm not sure why people are even interested in him. He looks the most boring of the 3.

It's a fox, with an oversized head and junk coming out of it's ears. It's also got those lines on it's face with look HORRIBLE on the in game model from what I've seen in the gameplay footage.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, he's the best looking. And that's indeed saying something...

Will wait to judge untill I've seen their last evolutions though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still, he's the best looking. And that's indeed saying something...

Will wait to judge untill I've seen their last evolutions though.
How is he the best looking?

Froakie is much more interesting and has a lot more potential for awesome evolutions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
CUZ IT'S CUTE AND CUDDLY AND **** MAN... Really, I dunno how to argue it looks better. To each it's own I guess? However, Froakie is a good second. Generally, I have a harder time thinking which one I WOULDN'T take, than which one I would take. :rolleyes: Whatever the choice will be, it'll NOT be Chespin. Cause really... Just really?

Also, I really don't know to expect what sort of typing the legendaries would have. Am guessing Fire for Y, but don't have much of a clue outside of red = fire really...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea Chespin sucks. I'm a fan of Fennekin myself. But like you said, we'll have to wait for the evolutions.

splat

Smash Lord
Whatever the choice will be, it'll NOT be Chespin. Cause really... Just really?
I'm a bit bummed that Chespin is not a reptile of some sorts. Of course, that was bound to happen at one point, but still. He looks so awkward when put together with the other grass starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom