• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

r3d d09

Smash Master
IC's are a difficult main, if you don't plan on practicing and staying with it. IC's isnt the character for you. the reason why i don't have stuff down is because i don't practice. haha

r3d d09

Smash Master
it's not that bad when you actually understand, first glace is a lot, but just look at pivot, blonde roll, dash dance desync first.

I pivot desync a lot, and snd at times.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
omg how do you CG midweights, ever since I learned to use bthrow "correctly" (for bthrow->dthrow), I can't seem to do bthrow -> fthrow because popo's right there.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So he learned how to CG like that on his own? That's impressive. I probably wouldn't have known they could CG without you guys.

HyL!

Smash Lord
so, i've recently picked up icies for the falco MU, i've got the bthrow>dthrow cg down on them, but what's the best way to approach an extremely campy falco?

sauc3

Smash Lord
yep, exactly that i've tried buffer shield approaches etc, but idk if that's the best idea
bait a fantasm, then pivot grab. Best way is to approach with shields, and see how close you get/what the situation is when they fantasm, then next time, instead of getting closer, run away and pivot grab. They are usually surprised by it and don't mash out right away, so take you time with the chain grab.

also full hop ice blocks are a good way to make them feel like their camping is inaffective/build damage, but don't be too predictable with this. The more random the better.

Remember, it's just as afraid of you as you are of it, Be patient, its just as frustrating on the other end, ask any falco. Also be weary of mix-ups, cuz falco can be devastating if the ics are seperated.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Is there one controller setup that works better for IC's than another? I have grab set to Y and tap jump off, but I don't think I can do the shield buffer that causes Nana to slide to Popo during their CG

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is there one controller setup that works better for IC's than another? I have grab set to Y and tap jump off, but I don't think I can do the shield buffer that causes Nana to slide to Popo during their CG
Just use whatever works for you. As long as you can access all the attacks you're good.

Top Bottom