• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS July 10th-12th. ALL NEW INFO ON THE FIRST PAGE! TWITTER INFORMATION!! 7/7/09

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
green eh? i prefer red but i can do it

haha wanna team for dbr genesis?

wow we got a lot of time to prepare

lets be the best team

(unless i can snag pink shinobi kekekeke)

i got fox/peach or sheik/peach usually

depends on the peach's playstyle or the matchup
I downsmash.

A lot.

I MEAN A LOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_5Q6uMpwo

11 seconds into the match, and I've already downsmashed 3 times.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i want to come to this! there better be a ****ing sick *** montage of everything that goes down

QraQ

Smash Ace
Any good lodging/housing near the venue.

Also are you going to have a list of people who have RSVP'd?

-QraQ

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
This looks amazing, its pretty far off to tell but for now im totally down :)
Ill make sure to attend this Aznforce since we didnt get a chance to play each other again at the play N trade.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm not sure if the has been brought up yet within the thread, and I know this is going to be an amazing tournament, but as far as the pot distribution is concerned...

3-Day Event, covering Melee Singles & Doubles, and Brawl Singles and Doubles. Sick memorabilia and trophy awards for every event, and a combined pot estimate across all 4 main events in excess of over $10,000, split evenly among all 4 main events!
Hypothetically, if the Brawl event brought in 300 people, but the Melee tournament brought in only 100 people, does the quote mean that 1st place for both Melee and Brawl will receive the same amount of prize money?
Someone explain this to me!

The King

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah we're probably going to have to scratch the part where we socialize all four pots evenly, independent of how many people actually enter each event. That was our original policy where we only had the bulk 4-event package available for sale; we've since decided that it would be better for the players who truly do not wish to enter one event or the other, to either offer individual packages per event, or to offer a melee package & a brawl package. I simply forgot to change that part of the tourney presentation =p.

But yeah, while we're not expecting a huge portion of people to only enter one game's worth of events (especially with so many people traveling here for the 3-day event), we don't intend on putting one game's entry fees towards another game's pot.

King Out

Zjiin

Smash Master
A package that shows good value for it's price might bring other people into events they might avoid, since it's already included. For example, there's no way i'd pay for a Brawl package, but if it were a single deal that included all games, then i would probably play Brawl since it's part of the deal. If that would be the case, each tournament would have a very good amount of people participating.

pockyD

Smash Legend
...on the other hand, that would mean that either...

1) the lesser packages' prices are arbitrarily marked up merely to encourage people to play all events, or
2) the pot size for each event would be dependent on the amount of entrants in other events

Zjiin

Smash Master
That's true. I was merely stating the alternative to show the pros of doing such an event, instead of the obvious cons that everyone is already thinking.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't think that it's necessarily even in their best interest to "encourage" people to enter as many events as possible, considering the expected turnout

Top Bottom