• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Melee Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that's right mike, no one, not even rayku!

<_<

>_>

did it work

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm sick of all this bullsh*t.

This is the dumbest discussion ever. I don't know where it came up but XIF at #1 confuses the **** out of me considering how he's beaten me twice ever.

Also why the f*ck is Rayku even being talked about? Just because we're running out of smashers to put on the list doesn't mean you should pull some players out of your ***. Brawl players even more so.

I'm also pretty annoyed that beating me EVER at all regardless of circumstance has forever and always been this instant bragging right. I play a video game well, winning against me at it is hardly worth talking about.

I also like how I've never even been considered as a panelist because of all the crybabies in our state that wouldn't agree with it because of some unspecified personal problem they have with me.

This is the list:

1. Me
2. Not stoned out of his mind Cornel
3. Fullmetal
4. Soft
5. Dogy
6. Wes
7. Merc
8. SleepyK ( He can beat every single one of you and that's not a joke or an exaggeration. The fact that he hasn't been suggested yet is proof that no one knows what they're even talking about.)
9. Carter
10. Prac

Why does the list work like that? Because it's the way it is.

Everyone on this list can beat everyone below them and at least one of the people above them.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm sick of all this bullsh*t.

This is the dumbest discussion ever. I don't know where it came up but XIF at #1 confuses the **** out of me considering how he's beaten me twice ever.

Also why the f*ck is Rayku even being talked about? Just because we're running out of smashers to put on the list doesn't mean you should pull some players out of your ***. Brawl players even more so.

I'm also pretty annoyed that beating me EVER at all regardless of circumstance has forever and always been this instant bragging right. I play a video game well, winning against me at it is hardly worth talking about.

I also like how I've never even been considered as a panelist because of all the crybabies in our state that wouldn't agree with it because of some unspecified personal problem they have with me.

This is the list:

1. Me
2. Not stoned out of his mind Cornel
3. Fullmetal
4. Soft
5. Dogy
6. Wes
7. Merc
8. SleepyK ( He can beat every single one of you and that's not a joke or an exaggeration. The fact that he hasn't been suggested yet is proof that no one knows what they're even talking about.)
9. Carter
10. Prac

Why does the list work like that? Because it's the way it is.

Everyone on this list can beat everyone below them and at least one of the people above them.
What are you talking about, Chad?

Sleepy K has been on EVERYONE'S list suggestions so far.
There hasn't even been an "official" list put up yet, and I answered your question about your #1 spot at least three times already.

Chill buddy, read through before you get worked up.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
CARTER IS BEAST I LOVE CARTER

he got third what a baller

reppin that carter combo
pretty much the cornerstone of my play in all 3 smash bros now

Melee Singles
1st - Full-Metal
2nd - Dogy Samish
3rd - Carter
4th - Prac
5th - Cornell
5th - Eugene
7th - Tong
7th - Josh
9th - Toasty
9th - Rayku
9th - Zom-B
9th - Boris
13th - Omega
13th - Justin Sansky
13th - Bennett
13th - Kosine

Team Melee
1st - The Boys are Back in Town
Josh & Full-Metal

2nd - Team No Show
Carter & Prac

3rd - Team Katana
Dogy Samich & Rayku

4th -Team USA
Cornell & Eugene

5th - Toasty Nachoes
Alpha & Toasty

5th - Woodstock
Jewdo Smash & Zom-B

Last edited by a moderator:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
chad has a point, and it depends on what is considered for the rankings. if we are just doing our state's rankings, then we should base it on results of what happens in state, in which chad has won the majority of the tournaments. also, it depends also on what tournaments are weighted and how they are weighted.

on another token, i guess i'll just have to come and **** you people even harder at tournaments and get my name back on this list. i had this same problem before on the PR list...

Prac352

Smash Lord
I personally might have sleepyK a little higher...

Carter and Prac are largely filler, when was the last time they've played really?
I want to know what it is we consider "active." Are we inactive because we won't drive three hours to a Waba weekly? The past two tournaments that I've been to I've done fairly well at.

I wasn't at TO4 as I was bedridden. I can't think of any big events that I've missed.

Some clarificatio is needed here.

And "lol" at Chad's list

Rayku

Smash Lord
Chad I think you have a problem with me personally.

I can't imagine what it would be, though.

SleepyK

rayku is being suggested because he's been going to tournaments.
carter hasn't been suggested because he's mostly inactive. he did pretty well at SOD7 tho, so that's pretty cool.
Prac, you were considered kind of inactive because you kind of stopped posting, then you went to DSJ. then you stopped posting again, and just now started being part of the community again (as in posting on swf, going to tournaments, etc.) I'm not sure how "active" you are being, but please try a little harder to keep up with us GA folk. we <3 ya.
looks like this tournament might push some of our older players back on the PR, like eugene and carter (who for some reason refuses to go to waba on saturdays despite living 10 minutes from the venue '-')

other things:
TONG

YES
7TH YESSS

chaddd - the only reasons I see as to why you wouldn't be on the PR is that you're online about a fifth as often as most of us, and that you're a pretty passionate person at times. tbh i still appreciate your input and hold your opinion in high regard since you're our #1 (which hasn't been disputed by any panelist). i mean, none of us panelists really have anything against you and i believe most of us respect you and enjoy your friendship. i don't see any of us being crybabies over things '-'

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
a few things about that last post sleepy.

WTF? Cater is back?! awww yeah!!!

When does being online/part of the cummunity = active? aslong as they show up to big GA tourneys and place well that's all that should matter or am i missing something here.

as for what tourneys and placings that's where the the panelists come in

SleepyK

well, i understand that, but when you basically don't hear from someone at all it's hard to know if they're still playing the bros.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
chaddd - the only reasons I see as to why you wouldn't be on the PR is that you're online about a fifth as often as most of us, and that you're a pretty passionate person at times. tbh i still appreciate your input and hold your opinion in high regard since you're our #1 (which hasn't been disputed by any panelist). i mean, none of us panelists really have anything against you and i believe most of us respect you and enjoy your friendship. i don't see any of us being crybabies over things '-'
I think sleepy is talking about Chaddd being a panelist, not "on the PR".
Because I'd hope we're all clear at this point about Chaddd remaining #1 on the power rankings untill another player can consistently beat him at tournaments and win said tournaments.

SleepyK

o yeah, woops. i meant panelist.
chaddd is for sure #1 on my PR and #1 in my heart

Prac352

Smash Lord
a few things about that last post sleepy.

WTF? Cater is back?! awww yeah!!!

When does being online/part of the cummunity = active? aslong as they show up to big GA tourneys and place well that's all that should matter or am i missing something here.

as for what tourneys and placings that's where the the panelists come in
What he said.

I post in treads concerning tournies worth going to. Because I don't participate in spamming threads, I'm not playing the bros? I don't follow the logic.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
pr is actually determined by post count

that's why chaddd is so nervous and i am not

SleepyK

imo prac it's kind of a combined issue of a lack of larger tournaments in GA and you only posting in larger tournament threads. we also don't keep in very good contact with most of the columbus folk, which is silly since we all have AIM.
how are we to know if you still play bros?
srs all it would take would be an IM with "doof" or something.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
We played bros last friday and saturday

I ***** Alpha and Alternate... in my mind XD
no homo

but seriously, we did just play this past weekend, and I saw prac there too : )

Prac352

Smash Lord
imo prac it's kind of a combined issue of a lack of larger tournaments in GA and you only posting in larger tournament threads. we also don't keep in very good contact with most of the columbus folk, which is silly since we all have AIM.
how are we to know if you still play bros?
srs all it would take would be an IM with "doof" or something.
You want me to make a point of PMing you everyday saying that I'm still playing smash?

I think the fact that I attend tournies should be evidence enough that I'm . . . attending tournies.

SleepyK

no, prac. you did stop playing for a while (you said so yaself), so we had no real way of knowing if your resurgence at DSJ was a sign that you were coming back to melee or just attended one tournament.

ugh, this whole issue has been a combination of me wording things poorly and being awake at hours I shouldn't have been.

basically, the top of this post is the resolution. you are back to GA smash, yes? yes. no longer inactive? yes.
ok cool.

Handorin

Smash Hero
We played bros last friday and saturday

I ***** Alpha and Alternate... in my mind XD
no homo

but seriously, we did just play this past weekend, and I saw prac there too : )
He bro. Want to play some gamecube?

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
HEY GUYS I'M THROWING IDEAS OUT

1. Chaddd (20)
2. Fullmetal (17)
3. Dogy (16)
4. Cornel (15)
5. SleepyK (14)
6. Soft (14)
7. Carter (13)
8. Prac (12)

AT A MAJOR GEORGIA TOURNAMENT:
Beating someone ahead of you = +1
Getting top 3 = +1
Beating someone higher than you in a money match = you +.5 them -.5
Not going to a major Georgia Tournament = -1

People I'm leaving out cause I don't know where they should go due to being kinda inactive or I just don't know where to put them
Wes
Eugene
Merc
Rayku
PBJ
Alpha

Please let me know if this is a terrible idea and feel free to dismiss it. If you think this could work, please critique my list/point system.

SECOND IDEA

HUGE ROUND ROBIN GEORGIA TOURNAMENT

SleepyK

tbh i've never been a fan of the round robin things, but pending on how we decide to define our PR it would make sense. the only difficulty would be getting prac over here.

this is an interesting system but where did you get the points?

once again i'm not a fan of a purely point based system but this is an excellent idea for general placing areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom