• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Melee Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
simple:

Host a tournament, and claim that any GA player that doesn't show to be a little ***** *** and that they forfeit all rights to their "respek."

And we all know that all the uppity negroes need their respek. It's their livelihood.

perfect plan/10

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
We could just start the PR from scratch or from top 3 or 5 and then just go from there. That would bypass the current predicament.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what predicament? we're not basing our current PR off of any existing PRs as far as I know.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Chad I think you have a problem with me personally.

I can't imagine what it would be, though.
It would be the fact that the first time I ever met you and you stayed at my house you went out to McDonald's with Marty, Eugene, and Cornel and started talking **** about me and what I choose to do with my free time.

Unfortunately for you they are all much more my friends than they are yours.

It's funny that you have no idea since I'm sure you remember talking the trash.

you guys should get that Fullmetal guy off your lists. He's trash.
So sayeth the inventor of Prackets.

Mike: I wasnt worked up. Profanity doesn't always dictate anger.

Sleepy: I'm not on Smashboards that often because I have no reason to be here. As far as being online, I'm online as much if not more than you. Probably more considering the free time I have.

SleepyK

there's really no big issues going on. no drama plolol

PolMex23

Smash Champion
i miss the unreadable dash dances of Wes....

To Fast? To Technical?...

Shut the **** UP!!! its Mother ****in GaWES for god sakes let him do what he do...

I hate on the GaWes haters

PolMex23

Smash Champion
We met once,...

I believe i made you laugh really hard...

Ga an FL fits like birds an bees...

Why cant we be closer? Evan is the coolest an most respectful smasher also....

Ahhh, Georgia Peaches...=[, when is ur next big GA tourney?

Rayku

Smash Lord
It would be the fact that the first time I ever met you and you stayed at my house you went out to McDonald's with Marty, Eugene, and Cornel and started talking **** about me and what I choose to do with my free time.

Unfortunately for you they are all much more my friends than they are yours.

It's funny that you have no idea since I'm sure you remember talking the trash.
Oh. Umm...woops. I would hope that you didn't take anything I might have said seriously. I hold nothing but the highest respect for you. I always have.

I know all three of those people are moreso your friends than mine. I've never thought Marty liked me very much, Eugene just knows who I am, and Cornel feels the same way.

I don't remember any of it at all, I'm afraid. I guess I can say I'm sorry, but I don't think that would mean much to you in terms of an apology. I would hope you would accept a most sincere one, though.

Now I feel like a *****.

P.S.
I never understood there being any tension between you and I. Whenever you were outside hanging with people at random Waba tournaments, and I was there, you were talking and randomly pointed out (twice) "Hell. -You're- cool. Why can't everyone just be like that? Not being an *******."

So...being called cool was a bit of a flattery >.>

chaddd

Smash Lord
I wasn't exactly losing sleep over it.

Chances are good that if I have a problem with someone they will almost never hear about it, unless it reaches the point of physical violence, which we all know is stupid and solves nothing.

I don't know if you even know what you said but I remember it word for word.

It's not a big deal, either. I don't really have a personal problem with you or really anyone for that matter. It's really none of my concern what you say about me or anyone else while you're not around, I just hope this has made you realize that voicing even the most casual opinion on someone can find it's way back to you. Karma.

But for real no hard feelings it's all chill.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Ga Peach the more u have those boobacious avatars the more I like you...

an the fact that you = man an you = funny and

You = love from every1 in smash.

I respect that

Chaddd i thought u were some1 else untill u allowed me to play you idk...like 2 or 5 more times after you 2 -0 ed me...

Good people, good people.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I like the idea of a mandatory-attendance tournament, where we just have everyone play each other RR style, and base the PR off of total wins/losses and consider "who beat who".

Of course I've suggested this once before, and nothing ever came of it.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Should we search for good dates and locations?
No.

There will never be any such thing as a mandatory tournament.

Regardless of what date and time you pick, there will always be the variables of real life that will come into play. Traffic jams, accidents, family emergencies, medical emergencies, just getting garbaged out of a ride. The list goes on forever.

The best bet is to either run a ranking battle at TO5 or to use the tournament itself as grounds for the list. At least with a tournament that big you can bet it will be both talked about and planned for without having to publicize a small round robin tournament with just Georgians. Besides, let's face it, at any given smash event with just Georgians, at least 50% of us supernoob our way into not getting there. And I only included myself in that statement to be polite to the rest of you slackers who really do that. I'm looking at you Columbus/Savannah.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
yeah mandatory tournament is dumb
No, its unfeasible, not a dumb idea.
Its quite simple- those who give enough of a **** about smash would show up, those who don't would not.

Again, I'll state that its not going to happen because I already suggested this kind of thing last time we tried to make a PR.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i don care much about pr but melee RR sounds like good times to me
it's like waba blar rr except more fun
except i will be out of town to5 SUX

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Rr wont solve anything.
1. Too much whining, if you arent a panelist youre opinion shouldnt matter.
2. No one can define "active" and throwing OoS out really hurts that. Especially when a lot of GA went to OoS tournaments and did well. Seriously, if people can drive 5,6,7 hours to a torunament, driving 3 shouldnt be a concern.
3. Everyone wants their name on the list. Doesnt make sense to me why wes is still up for discussion if hes living in Europe >_>
Nothing against wes, but if hes not living in GA what sense does it make to put him on there? It would make your lives easier by -NOT- doing so. In which case you have another top ten spot you can adjust.
But what do i know, see #1.

SleepyK

there's an easy solution to all of this

you're gonna be slapping your trouble away with the slapchop

tubes

Smash Ace
No, its unfeasible, not a dumb idea.
Its quite simple- those who give enough of a **** about smash would show up, those who don't would not.

Again, I'll state that its not going to happen because I already suggested this kind of thing last time we tried to make a PR.
mandatory tournament = RAIDING ONYXIA AT 5:00! BE THERE OR ITS 50 DKP MINUS!

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. To be honest, it doesn't even seem like something I would do. Probably why I don't remember any of it.

Glad there are no hard feelings.

@Marty: I think it was the first Battle N Brew tournament that I beat you in GF. Also, I'm a terrible driver in your eyes because whenever you're in my car, I do the stupidest **** by complete accident xD

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@PolMex - thanks for the respect. i like you too, so we should hang out. also, yes, i'm a huge fan of huge breasts.

@Rayku - i don't hate people over video games. but, each time i am in the car with you, you do have a tendency to get us almost killed/lost. maybe i am distracting somehow...?

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
does anyone in this thread want a hug?

i feel it is only appropriate

also when is cheeseburger tournament? i have been waiting for this for forever and will put down my literal cheddar to play melee for that just to see gawes or chad or someone have to eat like 50 burgers

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Rayku - i don't hate people over video games. but, each time i am in the car with you, you do have a tendency to get us almost killed/lost. maybe i am distracting somehow...?
I think that's it. It's rather humiliating on my part :p

SleepyK

does anyone in this thread want a hug?

i feel it is only appropriate

also when is cheeseburger tournament? i have been waiting for this for forever and will put down my literal cheddar to play melee for that just to see gawes or chad or someone have to eat like 50 burgers
it's whenever gawes returns again.

marty, it's because you's a sexy *** *****.
no homo.

Prac352

Smash Lord
2. No one can define "active" and throwing OoS out really hurts that. Especially when a lot of GA went to OoS tournaments and did well. Seriously, if people can drive 5,6,7 hours to a torunament, driving 3 shouldnt be a concern.
It's not the driving that tears it. It's driving three hours to a poorly attended $5 tourney.

One thing I'd like to throw out there is maybe we can take those $5 waba weeklies, bump them up to at least $10, and take a mere ten percent of the pot and put it towards a larger monthly Waba.

Make it worth a **** to actually get to. I'd like to know that in the event that I place well, I'll at least get my gas money back.

Amen?

tubes

Smash Ace
It's not the driving that tears it. It's driving three hours to a poorly attended $5 tourney.

One thing I'd like to throw out there is maybe we can take those $5 waba weeklies, bump them up to at least $10, and take a mere ten percent of the pot and put it towards a larger monthly Waba.

Make it worth a **** to actually get to. I'd like to know that in the event that I place well, I'll at least get my gas money back.

Amen?
I pm'd a similar idea to Min awhile back. Never got a response.

so you increase the door fee to $7. take the 2 extra dollars and put em in savings. take half the savings and add it to the pot. next week take the 2 extra dollars from that weeks entry fee, put em in savings, then add half the savings to the pot. Eventually you get HUGE POT which attracts more people which makes HUGER POT! Not sure if the extra pot money will grow continuously or if it eventually goes static. Guess it depends on attendance.

I kinda like your idea better though as the obvious flaw with mine is nobody is gonna want to pay the extra $2 dollars for the door fee so starting out it'd be kinda rough.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
@PolMex - thanks for the respect. i like you too, so we should hang out. also, yes, i'm a huge fan of huge breasts.

Remember when we were in Orlando and that guy in the red pickup almost slammed into the back of us at the stoplight, THEN honked his horn? LOL

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

Amen?
I pm'd a similar idea to Min awhile back. Never got a response.

so you increase the door fee to $7. take the 2 extra dollars and put em in savings. take half the savings and add it to the pot. next week take the 2 extra dollars from that weeks entry fee, put em in savings, then add half the savings to the pot. Eventually you get HUGE POT which attracts more people which makes HUGER POT! Not sure if the extra pot money will grow continuously or if it eventually goes static. Guess it depends on attendance.

I kinda like your idea better though as the obvious flaw with mine is nobody is gonna want to pay the extra $2 dollars for the door fee so starting out it'd be kinda rough.

We can't rely on Waba to up the amount for the tournament. We'll just have to do it ourselves- its really the melee vets that run the melee tournaments at Waba, so all we need to do is agree that standard entry will be 10$.

However this also means all the brawl scrubs will cease to enter melee events. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom