• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Waba

Smash Apprentice
We will have some people there for Smash for sure...like Tim, Jamaal, and Mike. We also have SF4 & BB players coming for the weeklies as well. We need Smashers to come support this and not let it die off...or we might need to get rid of Smash weeklies. I hope it doesn't come down to that. GA needs to step up and continue supporting Waba as a regular gathering place for Smashers/Gamers. Without the community caring enough to help support us, Waba won't be an option in the future. Don't be a follower, be a leader in the community and support/hype the communities to attend these gatherings so they may continue on.

Remember, if you join our Fight Club, Waba weeklies will be Free for members of Waba's Fight Club.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
It's just a long drive for us to not have anyone show.
I appreciate your efforts to come out when you have such a long drive, so if we have less than 16 Smashers show up for the weekly, I'll refund your door fee (this offer is only for the SC peeps that may come out for this).

We always have some people show up for Smash weeklies, but not nearly as many as our monthlies. I'm hoping we can bump up the numbers and the only way I see it happening is people making a decision to come out without depending their decision on other people coming out. Because that is what the others are doing as well. It's a catch-22 sort of thing. People come if others are coming, but we need people to come, so that the others will come out as well...:dizzy:

GA Smashers...come out and support the weeklies! We can't grow without you! :lick:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
well this weekend is an unfortunate coincidence as Munkaid is happening in North Carolina and almost anyone who competes in Melee is going to Munkaid tomorrow.

And then the week after is Halloween. There may be some Melee players at Waba because the Warner Robins tourney is on Sunday, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

My schedule has changed such that I ALWAYS work on Saturday now so...no more weeklies for me ;__;

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
^^Agreed.

But! At least the few girls I have met there are pretty kick@ss. One of them was just telling me the other day that she had beaten all the Final Fantasy games aside from 3 and 10-2. (<<Of course, that one doesnt count)

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
SC you guys definitely need to try and make it to a monthly next time, guaranteed to have a ton of players at that! Unfortunately the one this month just passed, but its always on the third saturday of the month. So, November 21'st. Plan ahead!

What time does Waba open?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
SC you guys definitely need to try and make it to a monthly next time, guaranteed to have a ton of players at that! Unfortunately the one this month just passed, but its always on the third saturday of the month. So, November 21'st. Plan ahead!

What time does Waba open?
2PM.

Closes at Midnight/3AM, depending on turnouts and shizz.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
The game is fine. It's just not a Final Fantasy game in anything other than the title and the fact that Yuna is in it. I personally think that's a good thing. I've had enough tearful effeminate men and brooding dullards to last me for the rest of my life. It's a shame, too, because I would have loved Final Fantasy VII if Cloud Strife weren't the worst video game protagonist of all time. That game's supporting cast is fantastic, but the game doesn't focus on them. It focuses on Cloud and Sephiroth, and they don't have enough appeal between them to be more charming than an animal cracker.

Square doesn't do drama well. It is, however, fairly good at comedy, and Final Fantasy X-2 is a good example of that. The game is ****ing hilarious. It's just campy as all get-out, and people who were going in expecting a Final Fantasy game were displeased to find a cheesy comedy with throwbacks to 1980's American TV shows(especially Charlie's Angels) and an overall lack of any sense of urgency such as one that accompanied Final Fantasy X. It's not a bad game, nor is it a better game than any of the others(except the ones that suck). It's just...you know, not really a Final Fantasy game.

But it has lesbians. I like lesbians.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I liked X-2's battle system.

However, the storyline was ****.

Cloud was the biggest ***** in the whole series.

Tifa:I WANNA GLOMP YOUR ****!
Cloud:Sephiroth...
Aeris:I WANNA TACKLE YOUR ****!
Cloud:Why...
Yuffie:I have neutral feelings towards you!
Cloud:SEPHIROTH!
Tifa + Aeris:**** US NOW, CLOUD!
Cloud:No, we have to find Sephiroth.

...yeah. FF7 was a good game, though. Barrett was the ****. Mr.T with a gun-arm? **** YEAH!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Barret was great. Cid was great. Red was great. Tifa and Yuffie were great. Vincent was cool. Cloud just sucked massive goat *****.
...I didn't like Vincent. Cid kicked major ***. Red XIII was funny. Tifa was Hot, Yuffie was Hot(although a lot less hot).

The whole "AerisxCloud" thing felt like it was pushed, though. Seems like they tried too hard in saying, "THESE 2 GO TOGETHER." Then there was Cloud and Sephiroth's OBVIOUS sexual fantasies of each other. I mean, Cloud talks and thinks about him 90% of the whole ****ing game.

Side Note: I was arguing with my friend today about how Kingdom Hearts is NOT a Final Fantasy game. It should not be classified as such.

Opinions, people?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I took my pants off once because an animal cracker gave me "the look."
i know the feeling.

also, the only good things about FF7 were Cid, Barrett, Tifa, and Tifa's ****. that game was ok, but suffered from a bland main hero and EXTRA WACK villan.

FFX-2 was the WACKEST **** in the universe. Yuna not being a kick *** white mage/summoner any more? sucks, but ok. picking up a pair of guns randomly? ultra lame. no thanks.

Player-3

Smash Hero
...who the HELL is gonna interpret that in another way?!
"Man, I guess they call it that because they eat a lot of breakfast food there!!!"
<_<
And by breakfast food you mean *****

The only ways I know of to take the word sausage is the food and the d*ck. I know of no other meanings... care to give us anymore meanings for the word sausage?
sausage could also mean the food ****

^^Agreed.

But! At least the few girls I have met there are pretty kick@ss. One of them was just telling me the other day that she had beaten all the Final Fantasy games aside from 3 and 10-2. (<<Of course, that one doesnt count)
give'm the ****

i beat ff3
that game was stupid as **** though
hey this boss kills you in 2 hits, and your white mage doesnt have spells to heal more than one person for like 50 hp, have fun!
so you grind
then
Hey this boss has a spell that hits all your party members in one hit!
so you grind
then you go back
and then when your about to win, he uses a new spell and you say **** this game

so for about 2 months your off and on grinding until your beyond overleveled, go back to the **** salamander and **** him, speed through the rest of the game because you get ****ing dragoons and ****, then you get to the final boss, forget to kill the sub bosses and then get mind ****ed by the end of the game, have to restart the whole ****ing scenario **** and then by the time thats over you wonder why the **** you played that game in the first place

I took my pants off once because an animal cracker gave me "the look."
An animal cracker once took my pants off

Player-3

Smash Hero
srsly guys

fighter is top tier in everything

hes got the face, the hair, the body, the ***, the ****, the chest, the legs

i mean daaamn, and all thats in like 3 super ****ing large pixels too

cant beat it

Top Bottom