• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Low Randomly Hosts a Brawl Tournament Results!

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, I find it kind of amusing that OH bans mk, then the only one I played in tourney was Shugo. The only other mk I even saw in singles was Mav's for one game. And that was only after Zinoto took so big of a dump on his Falco that he literally had to try a different character..

The funny part is that if this OH tourney was mk banned, like the rest of their tourneys, it is entirely possible that OH would not only have been unrepresented in Grand Finals, but the 2 contenders would (in the case OH was not represented) be from the biggest pro-mk/most mk abundant state in the Midwest. And neither of them would have been mk mains.

OH is just screwing themselves, imo.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm still trying to learn how to beat MK. I'm ok with MK-banned tourneys but I'm also ok with MK-legal ones, too.

I'd only want to have MK-banned tourneys if it meant seeing a bigger variety of characters, even if it meant seeing more Snakes and Olimars.

Roller

Smash Legend
There were 8 unique characters represented in the top 8 here. 10 in the top 12.

I don't think character diversity is something Ohio is having a problem with.

I think 95% of their state losing to THuGz when :metaknight: is legal is what Ohio has a problem with.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
2: Shugo :falco: Great Falco, sorry to interrupt your match before BG lol
5: Berserker Swordsman :ike: Love dat Ike, also a good Marth, keep it up
9: KB :diddy: Went my least favorite MU :(
9: Melon :jigglypuff::warioc: GG's, enjoyed the friendlies at the beginning
9: Tech Chase :dedede: Y u no friendly
13: JTSM :snake: Good games. You were playing really safe with your grenade game, would love a rematch in the future
13: Space Thing :lucario: Lucario combos are best combos.
17: Tedium :falco: Good money match, your Falco is definitely better than mine would've been. Hope to see you at more Brawl tourneys
17: Hari :pit: Fun playing with you
17: Crews :dedede: Played a lot with you, love your :samus:
25: Get Low:zelda::metaknight: Played your Toon Link once, it was cute lol

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
There were 8 unique characters represented in the top 8 here. 10 in the top 12.

I don't think character diversity is something Ohio is having a problem with.

I think 95% of their state losing to THuGz when :metaknight: is legal is what Ohio has a problem with.
I guess I'm a part of that remaining 5% since I could beat his :metaknight: & :pikachu2: at RAGE. I didn't get to face him in Singles at SPAU2 so he may have improved from there since RAGE.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutoutssss

1: Zinoto :diddy: ($72.00)-Yikes. I got wrecked LOL. Was actually doing ok the first match.....until the infinite..... ;_;. Best diddy I've ever faced by leaps and bounds.

2: Shugo :falco::metaknight: ($36.00)- You told me you weren't coming :3. I asked a while ago, but I would of been down for teaming if I knew you were coming lol.

3: Brigadier General YooOOoOoOooooOo (Roller) :popo: ($12.00)-Didn't play, but if I beat blue rogue I would not been looking forward to an ice climbers main >.>

4: Blue Rogue :wario:- And the Mav vs Blue Rogue saga continues with yet another chapter. You got me this time, but as always a close a fun as hell set. Probably my favorite set of the tourney tbh. I still want to team with you sometime.

5: Berserker Swordsman :ike: I just peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

5: M@V :falco: Isn't it nice when you don't choke for once? Great job handling the close matches with the crowd watching so well. #MichiganSlayer

7: WTP :dedede::falco:- Hi. Didn't play :3

7: Sparta Kick :snake::metaknight:- Great set. You got a damn good snake. Only thing I'd say is you probably shouldn't of left FD legal :3

9: KB :peach:- Queen beef coming to the tourney to get carried by Obama in teams :troll: We didn't play this time, but I'll definitely see ya again!

9: Melon :jigglypuff::warioc:-Only part of this tourney that mad me sad was you and Pat having to play so early in losers :/. You always seem to get bracket wrecked and I know you could of placed at least 7th otherwise.

9: Tech Chase :dedede:-ggs. If you wouldn't play with such a gay playstyle with DDD I wouldn't of had to camp so much :(. At least game 3 was actually fun

9: Ralph Cecil :snake:-This snake blew my damn mind. You have the profound respect of me and the rest of Penn State good sir. If you ever need a teammate and I'm going to said tourney, feel free to ask me :D

13: Shadow the Past :metaknight: Hi :3

13: JTSM :snake:-ggs. I went fox only because you went to halberd as your cp. Its my absolute favorite stage with him.

13: Space Thing :lucario:-Your getting there. Took tech chase and blue rogue to game 3. Really proud of you. Just keep digging and you'll reach that next step!

13: Kee :olimar:-didn't play, but I do want a rematch sometime.

17: Tedium :falco:- Dat meatriding during my losers bracket matches <3

17: ForwardAirRage :yoshi2::marth: Hi. :3

17: Hari :pit: Good seeing ya again :3

17: Gifts :snake: Hi :3

17: Crews :dedede: Glad to see you again!

17: Bead hi :3

17: Blindman :lucario::metaknight: Hi :3

17: Jiffy :wario: ggs in doubles

25: Get Low:zelda::metaknight: Thanks for hosting; was a great tourney!

Shoutouts to Falco showing me he's my best character, especially since I've been prone to character crisis's over the years.

Shoutouts to Umbra for calling that previous shoutout for months

Shoutouts to Steak and Shake

Shoutouts to Berserker's emotion and epic high fives.

Lameout to Taki for not coming. I WAS SO HYPED TO SEE YOU PLAY BRAWL AND YOU BROKE MY HEART </3

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I guess I'm a part of that remaining 5% since I could beat his :metaknight: & :pikachu2: at RAGE. I didn't get to face him in Singles at SPAU2 so he may have improved from there since RAGE.
Dear smash community,

learn from this man.

Good guy carls: Beats thugz...says he could have gotten better since last time

I wish more people would try to recognize the possibility of people getting better -.- I also dont see why everyone **** talks thugz so hard. You all already got him to stop going on the boards what more is it you desire -.- He is a lot better than tournaments prove him to be. Im sure plenty of you (as in all of the general population) think its okay to justify poor academic performance by the excuse 'im a bad test taker' so isnt this the same concept?

people being ****s just annoys me.

oh and carls ive seen you beat a lot of metaknights :O Id say youre pretty good at the matchup

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
just looked at the bracket, good job wtp ^_^ shoulda ***** a bit more though. I guess you do sandbag a bit...ill still body you of course ;)

best d3 in mi :drama:

M@V is free

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Shoutout Time!!! :D

1) Zinoto - had a lot of fun with our set! Your diddy kong is something special man, keep it up!!
2) Shugo - nice to meet you, had fun in doubles.
3) Brigadier General YooOOoOoOooooOo (Roller) - nice to meet you!
4) Blue Rogue - *sets notebook down* nice to meet you man! had fun playing you in doubles, but I think M@v is still dizzy from all the jumping warios XD.
5) Berserker Swordsman - sry for dragging that match on for 7 minutes, I feel like an *** for playing so patiently :(, still great job at this! btw i just peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
5) M@v - thanks for the ride/teaming with me, had a great time at this!
7) WTP - nice to meet you!
7) SpartaKick - playing against you guys in doubles was a lot of fun! you play mk the right way :D
9) KB - sry for crapping out on ya mid MM, had fun playing against ya!
9) Melon - is not SoulPech. swear to the Fonz.
9) Tech Chase - was really nice meeting you, and our doubles matches were mad fun!
9) Ralph Cecil - I will continue to hype all of your matches til the day I die. Good job at this, you were doing SERIOUS work in doubles!
13) Shadow The Past - had a good time playing with you before it started, was nice meeting you!
13) JTsm - ggs! I'll make sure to repeat against you soon! :awesome: *let the smack talk commence*
13) Space Thing - was nice seeing ya again, you did a damn good job despite the results! keep it up, you're getting really damn good!
13) Kee - nice meeting you, wish we could've played, your oli looks ridiculous
17) Tedium - nice meeting you! :D
17) ForwardAirRage - our set was mad close, your yoshi is damn good, keep it up! :D
17) Hari - nice seeing you again!
17) Gifts - ggs! had fun playing you! :D
17) Crews - nice seeing you again, wish we could've played!
17) Bead - nice meeting ya! :D
17) Blindman - was nice meeting you, wish we could've played.
17) Jiffyboob - nice to see you again! :D
25) Get Low - had a great time at this tourney, was a pleasure to meet you!

Shoutouts to Ridley for actually being secretly Plank.
Shoutouts to everybody from Michigan except Zinoto for losing to PA.
Shoutouts to Taki for not showing.
Shoutouts to Primanti's, Steak & Shake, Dave & Busters, GetGo, and
Eminem being so easy to mashup.
Shoutouts to Mike And Ike dispensers
And shoutouts to...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
oh and carls ive seen you beat a lot of metaknights :O Id say youre pretty good at the matchup
Sometimes I can be. I'm still trying to learn the MU better since some are better with :metaknight: against :fox: than others. Still, :metaknight: isn't one of the characters I have the most difficulty fighting. Besides :popo: obviously, that would be :diddy:.

Also, I didn't know THuGz took a lot of **** talk from people. He's a nice guy from what I've seen. Is the **** talk mainly just because of his :metaknight: from what I'm gathering here?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Looking at that bracket I really don;t like that SK, Roller, and Zinoto were on the same side of the bracket. That also goes for BR and Shugo as well.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I'm confused as to whether Roller is advocating that Ohio should have more MK legal tourneys or not, but I've always disliked the fact that people take the time to complain about him instead of learning the matchup. And every post I've seen of Xyro's makes me sick.

Looking at that bracket I really don;t like that SK, Roller, and Zinoto were on the same side of the bracket. That also goes for BR and Shugo as well.
Well, you know what? I'm not a perfect person. I do apologize.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'm confused as to whether Roller is advocating that Ohio should have more MK legal tourneys or not, but I've always disliked the fact that people take the time to complain about him instead of learning the matchup. And every post I've seen of Xyro's makes me sick.

your sig and your mentality make me a happy man.

good **** mav melon and berserker!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Its a simple error, its just isn't good to have people who traveled OoS to meet that early in bracket especially when they are PR'd in their respective states. I actually surprised Tech didn't notice.

Tedium

Smash Cadet
I've always disliked the fact that people take the time to complain about him instead of learning the matchup.
i get what you're saying, but if melee marth had 6 jumps and could combo out of up b i feel like people would complain about it

Tedium

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts.

1: Zinoto - gratz on winning and taking my dollar in the CF ditto

2: Shugo - nice seeing you again. your falco is always fun to watch.

3: Brigadier General YooOOoOoOooooOo (Roller) - in all seriousness, your matches were hype as ****. i had a lot of fun watching them. also thanks for the pointers you gave me in friendlies. it was really helpful.

4: Blue Rogue - best wario i've seen play in person. good **** as per usual.

5: Berserker Swordsman - nice Ike! if you're around PGH we should do weeklies.

5: M@V - PGH Hype! keep it rollin. gratz on the placement. your falco breaks my brain. i think you hit 2 full firefoxs in consecutive matches. and those dsmash reads...

9: KB - didn't play you in brawl but fun melee match. i'll be back for my dollar. be prepared.

9: Tech Chase - nice seeing you as always. that was a brrrrutal timeout in game 3 of your first bracket match. i died inside a little.

13: Shadow the Past - ggs, though i'm very salty about it. i think i lost my testies when i got spiked into the stage by a meteor cancel last stock game 3 when i was going for a chain spike. we gotta play again soon.

13: Space Thing - fun friendlies. i liked the way your lucario plays!

17: Hari - GGs!

17: Crews - if you got to play people other than me you would have **** on people

17: Jiffy - Nice ness! and wario but i really like your fancy ness. also fun friendlies

25: Get Low - thanks for hosting a brawl tourney. melee friendlies were fun. see you at the big house!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hm... at this point we don't even have MK's so I mean, I guess the ban doesn't really matter. There's Kassandra MK, Lumi secondary MK and Shugo co-MK. The hierarchy is pretty much the same again since Kel's Marth has improved dramatically. Roller being hilarious (in multiple ways) aside, literally Cincinnati (which MI doesn't travel to unless it's a super regional) and random places in N-OH host now. The super regional next month is MK banned pretty much because the ban is bringing the OoR interest this time like last time. :x

Unless we do something soon with this new venue, Columbus won't even host anything until next year.

But I mean, sure talk to the people who are wanting to host like Get Low (good **** picking this up, seriously. It seems like this event was hosted awesomely, I hope you enjoyed yourself) and get him unbanned if you want. There's really nothing stopping people from hosting it outside of potential attendance issues. There is no conspiracy. Just don't be surprised if some Ohio players aren't going to go.

Also, good **** Ralph Cecil. I hope to see you **** more face next time I see you. You're quickly becoming an amazing player. I'm glad your hard work is seeing fruit.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Ike is now my bane character. Give me all the Diddies you can but no more Ike.

How many people think Ridley's name is derived from Metroid? I had to explain to the guys I ride with that it's a character from Radiata Stories. Also, we (the important MI people) have concluded that Ridley isn't a real person.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I have no idea how to do that though.
And doesn't that cost money? :X
Google answers all questions

And make ForwardAir pay for it? Do some online transaction or something.

Or just pay for it now, then have a money match at the next tournament for if he has to pay you back ;)

Ridley Silverlake

Smash Apprentice
Ike is now my bane character. Give me all the Diddies you can but no more Ike.

How many people think Ridley's name is derived from Metroid? I had to explain to the guys I ride with that it's a character from Radiata Story. Also, we (the important MI people) have concluded that Ridley isn't a real person.
Can you please stop with that. People say they don't put much emphasis into someone's postcount but it's obvious you guys are doing just that... >.>;

And thank you for explaining that this is the Ridley from Radiata Stories. A lot of people do confuse my name with the Metroid monster.

Top Bottom