• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GIGaBrawl - and Melee! - July 25th and 26th - Lawrence, Kansas - VENUE CHANGED!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You don't have to follow the Circuit's list, it's just recommended (I think). Expect the IA tourney to have a CRAZY stage list.
It's not required, but if Cameron says a tournament in the circuit has to use the recommended rule-set, then they must.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
so right now im looking at two choices. bringing back in LM and GG, or getting rid of norfair. what do you guys think? if i had to choose i would get rid of norfair.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
idk i want to try to appease the crowd :/ and fino still gives me no end to it. ill think on it.

also got an email back saying that the weekend wont work for that one guy, and that july is the only other time that works for him. so now what?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I prefer this stage list, over any other. Thankfully my opinion matters more. Isn't that awesome? At the most I would let Mansion back but not GGs. And that's being extremely lenient.

Uhg July is really bad. I think we'll just have to bite the bullet and do it on Father's Day weekend. I suggest Brawl players who want to celebrate the day (why?) just leave Saturday night.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
it just sucks though for the other non easter related people :/ oh well guess we are just going to have to deal with it. ill keep the stage list as is as well.

get hyped?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Expect Iowa to have every non officially SBR banned stage as legal. Every single counter/ban will be legal in Iowa. And the not being able to move the tournament blows. My excuse isn't father's day its my job, and I can't get around a pre-scheduled (like 6 months ago) weekend tournament.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
honestly though, learn to play on other stages instead of relying on what fino calls "auto win" stages.
So how's Mansion or Green Greens "auto win" and isn't having all the other stages learning how to play on those stages or by other stages you mean Battlefield, FD, Smashville and Yoshi's o.0

I DO play on other stages. I almost never pick Mansion and Green Greens gets banned against me a lot, so I don't get to play there often. So I don't counterpick "auto win" stages very often and I still win enough. I can PLAY most stages, I just like having big stage lists. Anyway, I think TO gets final say on stage list. You don't have to follow the Circuit's list, it's just recommended (I think). Expect the IA tourney to have a CRAZY stage list.
That's IA and MO for you we play in every stage and every char >.<
And this "auto win"stage thing isn't that what CPing suppose to do

Expect Iowa to have every non officially SBR banned stage as legal. Every single counter/ban will be legal in Iowa. And the not being able to move the tournament blows. My excuse isn't father's day its my job, and I can't get around a pre-scheduled (like 6 months ago) weekend tournament.
That does blow since I won't have a partner if I go T.T

FYI this will be my stage list >.0

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Battleship Halberd
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-PictoChat
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Port Town Aero Dive
-Castle Siege
-Distant Planet
-Hanenbow(For Doubles Only)
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Green Greens
-Brinstar
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Nicole

Smash Champion
You could at least put Green Greens OR Luigi's Mansion on there. Compromise! Some people want 'em both, some people don't want 'em at all, so give everyone something.

I'd vote Mansion to stay on since things on that level don't KILL you.

I still think you'd get more people if you changed the date :estatic:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Naaaaaaaa Inferno is kool >.0
Cause our Circuits are pretty awesome like playing with texture hacks and music so using more stages should be fine >.<
But is not like it matters cause even with all these stages people still go to the "Neutral" stages T.T

Fino

Smash Master
As long as Fino's Cruise is still legal... I won't john much.
However, I will say I don't understand why stages like japes and norfair are legal when mansion and green greens are not.
Is there a specific reason for them not being legal other than general distaste for them from the TO.

~Fino

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i love how you bring what i like into the tourney when the only reason why i made the stages the way they were was because of what i had seen affinity and inferno talking about. and really? do you think i like japes? arguably worse for pikachu then LM? seriously think before you talk fino, thats a big problem of yours. and i like green greens lol

Fino

Smash Master
i love how you bring what i like into the tourney when the only reason why i made the stages the way they were was because of what i had seen affinity and inferno talking about. and really? do you think i like japes? arguably worse for pikachu then LM? seriously think before you talk fino, thats a big problem of yours. and i like green greens lol
It was actually directed towards you or inferno. I seem to be confused as to who's running this deal. Hence the reason no names were used.

~Fino

Nicole

Smash Champion
last 2 weeks is what he said.
Ugh, that's another month away. I think that would mess up the circuit schedule wouldn't it? Sigh.

Looks like I won't be making this one.

But I'll still write stupid things on this thread! It's the Missouri way!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Frankly if Iowa's stage list isn't approved (keep in mind that is all SBR legal) I say screw the circuit and Iowa won't host.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Razor don't sling stupid threats at me. There is a recommended stage list for a reason. Not to be completely ignored because you like other stages. People seem to think I'm banning these stages because I suck on them, when in fact I'm the guy who takes people to Port Town and Pipes because I'm so incredibly ****ing gay on them it's not even funny. My opinion is having tons of ridiculous stages allows for situations where some characters have massive counterpicking advantages or disadvantages, completely wasting the point of a stage ban.

Example: Game and Watch. Normally you would ban Rainbow cruise. Instead he can take you to Green Greens, Distant Planet, or Pipes. All are very good GnW stages where he has a massive advantage on many characters (notably, the ability to camp beneath the platform on DP and behind block on GG). In the another scenario, without all of those stages, if you banned Rainbow Cruise, he has to go to Norfair or pick a more neutral stage. You get to eliminate one of his best stages, but he still has a good counterpick to fall back on.

This all being said, I don't personally give a **** what you do with your tournaments, but when it comes to my circuit, this is the way we roll. We use a stage list that exemplifies skill first and foremost in the spirit of competition, not one that begs the questions of "Who can get the first jablock on Weegee's" or "Who can get the first wall infinite on Green Greens".

Cook

Smash Master
Razor don't sling stupid threats at me. There is a recommended stage list for a reason. Not to be completely ignored because you like other stages. People seem to think I'm banning these stages because I suck on them, when in fact I'm the guy who takes people to Port Town and Pipes because I'm so incredibly ****ing gay on them it's not even funny. My opinion is having tons of ridiculous stages allows for situations where some characters have massive counterpicking advantages or disadvantages, completely wasting the point of a stage ban.

Example: Game and Watch. Normally you would ban Rainbow cruise. Instead he can take you to Green Greens, Distant Planet, or Pipes. All are very good GnW stages where he has a massive advantage on many characters (notably, the ability to camp beneath the platform on DP and behind block on GG). In the another scenario, without all of those stages, if you banned Rainbow Cruise, he has to go to Norfair or pick a more neutral stage. You get to eliminate one of his best stages, but he still has a good counterpick to fall back on.

This all being said, I don't personally give a **** what you do with your tournaments, but when it comes to my circuit, this is the way we roll. We use a stage list that exemplifies skill first and foremost in the spirit of competition, not one that begs the questions of "Who can get the first jablock on Weegee's" or "Who can get the first wall infinite on Green Greens".

I think I would have a pretty good chance of beating G&W on any of those stages mentioned, except maybe Fino Cruise. But still a decent chance on that stage. I really don't think any of them are instant win stages unless the matchup is already bad. You know, you do get the chance to switch characters when the choose their counterpick, so banning a stage because it ***** a character makes about as much sense as banning a character because it ***** a character.

Anyway, did anyone listen to Nicole's suggestion about doing Brawl on Sunday and Melee on Saturday? Wouldn't that fix things?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Anyway, did anyone listen to Nicole's suggestion about doing Brawl on Sunday and Melee on Saturday? Wouldn't that fix things?
No, because a lot of Brawl players are probably planning to travel back home after the Brawl tournament's over on Saturday so that they can be home for Father's day on Sunday.

well what do the people think? i dont mind doing it either way, but if i changed it to sunday who would be able to come?
I wouldn't be able to, for one.

Cook

Smash Master
People could just take care of Father's Day stuff on Saturday, or even Friday night. What's the dif?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well, would more OoSers come for brawl or melee? because sunday should be a travel day for whichever event has more OoS players.

Fino

Smash Master
Frankly if Iowa's stage list isn't approved (keep in mind that is all SBR legal) I say screw the circuit and Iowa won't host.
Sounds like an empty threat to me. I'm sure plenty of other people would jump to host. More hassling to travel for you guys imo.
A funny twist would be to flex your power inferno, and have a circuit event the same day as iowa's alleged tournament would be, and see who goes there... and who goes to the circuit ^^;
All douchebagery aside.... let's stop whining, and show some respect... perhaps even a little maturity?

Also, Steeler. I agree, the more people coming OoS should get Sunday to travel home. I would assume that since this is a circuit event that more people will be coming for brawl OoS... but the melee crowd could surprise me. We have a month to figure this out... I'm sure we'll get it figured out soon.

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm not Xyro and I don't change my rules to make people happy just because they complain. Frankly I've heard nothing but complaints from smashers no matter what decision I make so I don't really care anymore. People can ***** and moan all they want but it won't make anything happen. The Iowa stage list will be between me and Joker and nobody else. This tournament's stage list is mine and Stealth's business. It's not up for peer review and phoned in votes will not be counted. I'm sure your argumentative data is well thought out, but you'd be saving yourself time and energy in not typing it.

I'd like to try and increase the attendance but June and July is a hellish time for me because it sandwiches me on birthdays and holidays in my family. Starting with this weekend I literally have something to "celebrate" every weekend straight through to midway of July.

If it's possible, Stealth, would you want to delay the tournament into Late July, like say the last weekend? We'd have to push the championships back an extra month but as far as I know, Joker has no venue confirmation yet, so it may be possible. If Joker and Stealth could send me PMs on the situations regarding that proposition I'd appreciate it.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... this is how i feel when you guys start talking about stages...

Top Bottom