• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GIGaBrawl - and Melee! - July 25th and 26th - Lawrence, Kansas - VENUE CHANGED!

Uli

Smash Champion
on another note im interested in this event since there is melee and brawl :DDD
maybe the rest of NE will tag along?!

Nicole

Smash Champion
If it's possible, Stealth, would you want to delay the tournament into Late July, like say the last weekend? We'd have to push the championships back an extra month but as far as I know, Joker has no venue confirmation yet, so it may be possible. If Joker and Stealth could send me PMs on the situations regarding that proposition I'd appreciate it.
I would be all for this! (And I know you guys care whether I show up or not because I'm really good :()

I know that you'd get more STL attendance if you switched the day from Father's Day too, I think, as I have been lurking on their boards!

Anyway, since KC isn't exactly a central location you guys might want to work around people's schedules also. Kahoka, ****ty place though it was, got alot of Oos players because it was so central. KC can't exactly make that claim.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok so what we are looking at right now is that i misread what he said, and that he is open the first 2 weeks of july, hence we would be doing it the first weekend of july, or the week before genesis. what do people think?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
ok so what we are looking at right now is that i misread what he said, and that he is open the first 2 weeks of july, hence we would be doing it the first weekend of july, or the week before genesis. what do people think?
NOOOO

I'll be in Brazil

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
its either that or genesis weekend. i for one am not holding a tourney on genesis, especially since im going to genesis. anyone else? dont worry affinity im sure you can make up the points.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
its either that or genesis weekend. i for one am not holding a tourney on genesis, especially since im going to genesis. anyone else? dont worry affinity im sure you can make up the points.
No, just move it back up to Father's Day weekend.

Like I said, people can just start heading back home the night after the tournament.

Cook

Smash Master
I vote you do it the weekend in July that isn't Genesis weekend. It sounds like that would be best for IA and St. Louis, as well as Nicole, who is very important to this tournament's success, while so far only Affinity is opposed to moving it. Oh, plus moving it to July also apparently helps out Cameron. So do that one!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah i'd like to see iowa and st. louis show up, but both dates are fine with me.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I vote you do it the weekend in July that isn't Genesis weekend. It sounds like that would be best for IA and St. Louis, as well as Nicole, who is very important to this tournament's success, while so far only Affinity is opposed to moving it. Oh, plus moving it to July also apparently helps out Cameron. So do that one!
Don't make me 3-stock you.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im cool with any weekend, i just don't want to hear any more people *****ing at each other over stage lists, we all know 90% of people play neutrals anyway.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
actually iowa hass problems with razor. if he cant come they lost out on people. also parts of missouri cant come. i would need to hear from more then just you to consider keeping it june.

Cook

Smash Master
IA in general is ok with June, but Razor can't make it, and he is half of their trnsportation. So that would be about five people from IA that couldn't go.

And I forgot to mention why Nicole is important to the success of this tournament: she might be able to convince MI to come again! ;)

Cook

Smash Master
And I'll work on Mew2king!

Mew2king, come to this! This is your chance to redeem yourself after that last no-show!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I can ONLY do late July if it is in July. I am absolutely not available for the first two weeks of July to do anything at all. I'd also planned on driving more wichita people to this which I obviously can't do if I can't be there. And after the way the Wisconsin tournament went, I am loath to have any circuit event that I'm not at ever again.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So what is the final verdict? To clarify the Iowa situation: I can't go on the June date and that means only mduo is available to drive, if he is interested in driving. In that case four total Iowans could come.

July works for me, but I realize I'm not the most important person so do it when it works best.

Nicole

Smash Champion
lol ill work on anther she can work on lain. together we can do ANYTHING!
And I forgot to mention why Nicole is important to the success of this tournament: she might be able to convince MI to come again! ;)
You guys are silly. And probably wrong.

The last page made me so happy, and this page made me sad again. You sure it can't be in late July?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the venue needs to have a guy called robert sindt there to oversee it (really just show up at least once in a day) otherwise nothing can be held. he told me that he is only available the first 2 weeks of july, and only available the 20th of this month. im sorry i have done what i can :( i still want that pokemon master mm!

Nicole

Smash Champion
the venue needs to have a guy called robert sindt there to oversee it (really just show up at least once in a day) otherwise nothing can be held. he told me that he is only available the first 2 weeks of july, and only available the 20th of this month. im sorry i have done what i can :( i still want that pokemon master mm!
Yeah man! I finally have my N64 back in my possession, along with Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2! And of course Pokemon Puzzle League, but that's like free money for me.

I guess I'll try to get my friend to change her wedding date. It won't be...impossible :dizzy:

Nicole

Smash Champion
Weddings are less important than Smash. I don't even want to go to it, but I'm a bridesmaid so I don't really have a choice.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So what is the final verdict? To clarify the Iowa situation: I can't go on the June date and that means only mduo is available to drive, if he is interested in driving. In that case four total Iowans could come.

July works for me, but I realize I'm not the most important person so do it when it works best.
And we haven't heard anything from him so I don't think IA is making it to this one T.T

The last page made me so happy, and this page made me sad again. You sure it can't be in late July?
True true

Top Bottom