• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GIGaBrawl - and Melee! - July 25th and 26th - Lawrence, Kansas - VENUE CHANGED!

Cook

Smash Master
Rumor has it Brawl crews will be Sunday. There seems to be 3 Crews confirmed: Missouri (Kit, etc), Kansas (Affinity, etc) and Iowa (Joker, etc).
Eh, I don't think MO can do a crew if it's Sunday, the Columbians and the St. Louis folk are leaving Saturday night. That would leave just Kit.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Eh, I don't think MO can do a crew if it's Sunday, the Columbians and the St. Louis folk are leaving Saturday night.
Well we will have to battle them another time. Seems like the only times the whole Iowa crew will be there to do the crew battle is Saturday after like 8:30 in the evening or Sunday at the venue.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity, are you staying at any housing? I need some MK tips before the tournament lol.
Probably not. It's less than a 2 hour drive for us.

We'll definetely get some friendlies in before the tournament though.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i could not figure that out. what you can do is park in a spot then move it every 2 hours. or you can just pay like 3$ with the tolls on the regular parking spots.

zyklon

Smash Cadet
whoa glad I decided to check this topic before just heading out in the morning lol... About 80% chance I'll be there, and about 90% chance that this will be my last brawl tourney...

I haven't played in close to two months now and I don't really miss it, but we'll see, it was fun for a while at least

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, by the time you read this, i will either be in bed napping or on the internet elsewhere for a time.

To all people I played against, good Games to you all, it was probably the most enjoyment I have had in awhile aside from my 18th birthday last week.

Sorry to keep this short, but I have a day to finish out. This will probably be my last tourney until the next one that visits Kansas that is closeby.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We finished late at my house after the venue closed, but it all worked out well. Sadly the Bbrawl side event never happened, though we did get to show it off just a little. I really wish we would have gotten the full side-event, but some things are just not meant to be...

Anyway, I remember the results to the extent that curious people can be satisfied, though I'm sure InfernoRage will post more full results soon enough.

Singles (40 entrees, $10 entree fee)

1. Ratman (Snake)
2. Zeton (Fox)
3. Holms (Zero Suit Samus)
4. Amazing Ampharos (Mr. Game & Watch)
5. Razer (Meta Knight)
5. Joker (Snake)
7. Kit (Wario)
7. -Affinity- (Meta Knight)

Doubles (15 teams, $20 per team entree fee)
1. Ratman/Karmacide (Snake/Snake)
2. Joker/Razer (Snake/Meta Knight)
3. -Affinity-/InfernoRage (Meta Knight/R.O.B. with a side of Meta Knight)

Yeah, other than InfernoRage in doubles, I don't think anyone who placed highly enough to be included in this quick report ever used secondaries. It's quite the novel thing, isn't it?

I would type out shout-outs now, but given that Zoze is still in my basement sleeping and would be included, I think I'm going to wait. I tend to be bad about getting around to these but really want to this time; Thinkaman pester me to do them the next time we talk if I haven't done them by then.

I'm definitely satisfied with my personal performance; I feel as though I was playing pretty well at this tournament. I'm obviously disappointed I didn't finish in the money after coming so close, but I feel like I'm playing better than I have in the past and beat some solid players so that's good enough. It was a good time all around, and I look forward to the next event!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
GGs guys, Thinkaman and I made it back alive-- I drove the whole way, fueled by pure rage and caffeine. It was glorious. Shoutouts later in the results thread, this was a fun tourney :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Aside from all the TVs having lag, this was fun.

Just wish I wasn't so off my game yesterday. People who've never seen me play before this probably think I'm terrible lol

I'll post shoutouts whenever the results thread goes up.

Holms

Smash Ace
I hate fox. *rage* It's why I'm a natural Wolf player when it comes to the game's Star Fox characters. Me and Fox just don't get along.

Awesome tourney, though, despite its ups and downs. It was also nice to be able to browse the store; they had some gaming things there that, if it weren't for the power of roms and emulators, I would squander an entire paycheck on.

Fino

Smash Master
1. Ratman (Snake)
2. Zeton (Fox)
3. Holms (Zero Suit Samus)
4. Amazing Ampharos (Mr. Game & Watch)
5. Razer (Meta Knight)
5. Joker (Snake)
7. Kit (Wario)
7. -Affinity- (Meta Knight)

Doubles (15 teams, $20 per team entree fee)
1. Ratman/Karmacide (Snake/Snake)
2. Joker/Razer (Snake/Meta Knight)
3. -Affinity-/InfernoRage (Meta Knight/R.O.B. with a side of Meta Knight)
lolwut?

Aside from all the TVs having lag
****... I was hoping for more than that =-/

I hate fox.
Pick-up pikachu

Needs moar info on tournament... I'm getting mind****ed right now @.@

~Fino

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman

lolwut?

Needs moar info on tournament... I'm getting mind****ed right now @.@

~Fino
Just heard that Iowa destroyed MO in crews. Razer didn't even get a chance to play. Iowa line up was pcity(3), gantrain(2), Blank (3), Mara (5), Joker (5), Razor (lulz)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
all the tvs did not have lag, only some did, and only a couple were really bad. we avoided those. if we EVER have to go to game nut again for a tourney, we have to bring a lot of component cables lol. results thread will be up whenever inferno gets around to it

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
all the tvs did not have lag, only some did, and only a couple were really bad. we avoided those. if we EVER have to go to game nut again for a tourney, we have to bring a lot of component cables lol. results thread will be up whenever inferno gets around to it
Stealth, every TV out of the, like, 20 TVs lagged except for the 3 small tube TVs in the corner. Component cables help a little, but definitely don't get rid of it. I wasn't the only one who noticed this. You, being someone who plays a lot of online, probably couldn't tell. Needless to say, you probably shouldn't host a tournament at Game Nut anymore.

There were some others things in the tournament that weren't organized and handled very well, like the terrible bracket seeding, but this was your first time running a tournament so I can't really hold that against you.

= / we all have our off days affinity it happens
Meh, at least Kahoka didn't have all these others issues.

Cook

Smash Master
There were some others things in the tournament that weren't organized and handled very well, like the terrible bracket seeding, but this was your first time running a tournament so I can't really hold that against you.
I made the bracket (we were pressed for time and I wasn't doing anything). What was wrong with it?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Well, that's gonna happen when there are so many Wichita players.
Yep. Plus we tend to linger in the brackets for awhile (Not me this time :laugh:). We're gonna bump into each other eventually. But thanks for spreading the pools out a bit!

Also, I didn't think TV lag was too bad at this. The one time I made a comment, I think it was just because the signal had to go through the recording equipment and then through to the TV (composite cables both ways), but even then it was okay with me. If you guys have it at Game Nut again, that would be fine with me.

But then again I'm a Snake player. :)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i didn't think the lag for brawl was bad at all, only on a few tv's which people avoided anyway. they were kinda bad for melee, but i think most ppl just used the CRT's in the corner.

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
Yep. Plus we tend to linger in the brackets for awhile (Not me this time :laugh:). We're gonna bump into each other eventually. But thanks for spreading the pools out a bit!

Also, I didn't think TV lag was too bad at this. The one time I made a comment, I think it was just because the signal had to go through the recording equipment and then through to the TV (composite cables both ways), but even then it was okay with me. If you guys have it at Game Nut again, that would be fine with me.

But then again I'm a Snake player. :)
Twin Snakes will kill on any t.v.!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Well, that's gonna happen when there are so many Wichita players.
No, I mean a lot of us had to play against each other close to, if not the very beginning, of the bracket. Cameron, Tempest, and others noticed this as well.

Also, I didn't think TV lag was too bad at this.
Well of course you didn't lol

the lag for brawl wasnt bad in the slightest lol.
It was enough to negatively affect my game. Like I said, because you play on wifi a lot, you probably didn't notice it.

The fact that this circuit event even had TVs with any lag AT ALL was disappointing, especially after seeing this:
Stealth Raptor said:
venue looks amazing, 12 big screen tvs with no lag. when the owner gets back ill get it done, and we may even be able to sleep at the venue :D
:ohwell:

Top Bottom