• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks Beefy, I can always expect you to HELP OUT A FELLOW DEDEDE UNLIKE MOST PEOPLE.

I also feel like I shield and roll way too much against MK, so imma work on not doing that. And against Fox I have to approach if he plays campy, but I guess this guy never did camp so I guess I should have :p

Thanks again
Your welcome! Your King Dedede has improved so much, of course the player doesn't realize it which is fine.
Yeah rolling away is a slight habit that can be changed. For the Fox matchup, there's no such thing as him being campy because of our waddle dees. The closest thing would be if he keeps spacing forward air, which will get predictable very easy.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
Can't the fox just short hop lazer like Falco? but i guess HIS lazers don't stop the barrage of waddles, so it wouldn't work as well. But he's so fast he could be in your face with an upsmash faster than you can waddle! AHHH I hate theory smashing

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Can't the fox just short hop lazer like Falco? but i guess HIS lazers don't stop the barrage of waddles, so it wouldn't work as well. But he's so fast he could be in your face with an upsmash faster than you can waddle! AHHH I hate theory smashing
Lol. Uhh.. sure he can shorthop a laser, so what? lol It's not that effective really, not as effective as Falco's shorthop laser. Only do it far away enough to where you know you won't be punished for the lag, like at the beginning of the match. Throw one out.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
The Dedede boards are much more nicer and convenient compared to the Jiggly boards, no offense to them. But compared to the critique I get here, they go "uh. . . Jiggz is good against MK" then I hear "if you know how to play him right". Then I say "HOW righteously must I play!?", I get flamed. Thanks for the specific advice Beef, I should just Dedede all the way and quit Jiggz.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
The Dedede boards are much more nicer and convenient compared to the Jiggly boards, no offense to them. But compared to the critique I get here, they go "uh. . . Jiggz is good against MK" then I hear "if you know how to play him right". Then I say "HOW righteously must I play!?", I get flamed. Thanks for the specific advice Beef, I should just Dedede all the way and quit Jiggz.
Oh okay. That's not even a critique what they say, which means that they lied about it being a critique thread. But I don't think you should quit your character just because they couldn't critique you, I mean you can get a lot better by yourself. But hey, I can't make you, so you are very welcome sire.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Oh okay. That's not even a critique what they say, which means that they lied about it being a critique thread. But I don't think you should quit your character just because they couldn't critique you, I mean you can get a lot better by yourself. But hey, I can't make you, so your welcome sire.
shut up Cbeef.

drop that ****ty char jiggs and pick up DDD.

MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH better ;D

(or fox :bee:)

J4pu

Smash Champion
For the standing infinite dthrow CG I remember hearing that you can't buffer the regrab because it makes you shield, and for a while that was what happened to me, but then today I was spamming the grab button rather than trying to time it and I would regrab like 80% of the time and it rarely ever caused me to shield. I'm confused now, wouldn't spamming it input it as a buffer action since I would have pressed it (multiple times) before the actual opening occurs. Somebody explain the brawl mechanics of what is happening here.

I'm sure you guys already knew about this right?

Tekk

Smash Lord
Commander_Beef said:
I saw about three of the videos with Meta Knight, not bad Tekk :) 8/10 It could depend on the other player too but still.
I'm sorry I know it's way later, but when I said "rate" I meant "criticized" xD
What should I improve in ?What are my qualities/defaults ?I can't judge by myself, being not objectiv, so I'd like to have the ddd's opinion and advices

(my most recent offline matches: http://allisbrawl.com/video/album.aspx?id=15375)
And went to Zudenka's saturday, and took some replays against his Yoshi/Peach, they'll be uploaded tomorrow, so you'll can have a larger point of view in my general playstyle and MU knowledge :)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
For the standing infinite dthrow CG I remember hearing that you can't buffer the regrab because it makes you shield, and for a while that was what happened to me, but then today I was spamming the grab button rather than trying to time it and I would regrab like 80% of the time and it rarely ever caused me to shield. I'm confused now, wouldn't spamming it input it as a buffer action since I would have pressed it (multiple times) before the actual opening occurs.
This is exactly what buffering is, you're doing it correctly don't worry. And it's normal for it to occasionally cause you to bring up your shield.
You think he's gay just because he said that? Whoa... bad logic there...
I'm sorry I know it's way later, but when I said "rate" I meant "criticized" xD
What should I improve in ?What are my qualities/defaults ?I can't judge by myself, being not objectiv, so I'd like to have the ddd's opinion and advices

(my most recent offline matches: http://allisbrawl.com/video/album.aspx?id=15375)
And went to Zudenka's saturday, and took some replays against his Yoshi/Peach, they'll be uploaded tomorrow, so you'll can have a larger point of view in my general playstyle and MU knowledge :)
Oh okay...as you know rate and critique are two different words, we could've had this done way before. :(
When you're knocked back and you're expecting a tech roll off the ground, or if it's a habit, never tech roll in the direction of where your opponent is. You get dumb lag and you don't gain invincibility frames which means it's an automatic punish. It's unnecessary to tech roll in the first place, but if you still want to, tech roll the opposite direction. Or just do an airdodge before you hit the ground which is the best option.
Also when Marth is at kill percents as high as 180%...don't grab when you see him suffer from lag from his upB..please lol. It's just those habits that you have to really think at the moment what's better to do. I know it was stressful near the end of that match, but hey.
You were doing well against Meta Knight and it seems that you know the matchup somewhat. So what you should do is to not approach with spotdodge for this matchup. The knight has too many options to punish it, including tornado, his spammy tilts, grab. Only do spotdodges here for when he;s trying to approach you, but always have your shield up first, if you see an approaching grab coming, that's only when you spotdodge.
Believe it or not, that's all I've got, which means that you're doing well right now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was obviously making an ironic statement.

Beef, are you this unreceptive to sarcasm in real life?

Jupz

Smash Master
woah beef actually didn't get the sarcasm there. I thought he "didn't get it" and posted serious about it on purpose to act more beef-like and such.

<3 Beefy :)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Just keep in mind that you're facing two of our tough matchups, I'm sure you can beat him if he used another character besides Meta Knight or Falco.
You were doing absolutely splendid against the Meta Knight. Against Falco, we can aircamp his lasers but we shouldn't do a falling inhale, I'm sure that he read it the second it came out. You can either do a reverse jump then back air if you're in range, or just airdodge back to the floor if you're not that close to him. Try doing powershielding the lasers and pick up what Falco does from there, aircamping doesn't seem to be that reliable nowadays. I saw you powershield a couple then you successfilly backthrowed him so good job there.
I noticed a couple times where you had your shield out for too long and it was halfway to breaking, and that's where he shieldpokes you. So start looking at your own shield, and do a dodge roll, jump, or spotdodge instead since you were at high percent.
On second and third stocks, great job in preventing him from grabbing you by jumping and down airing, and your up tilt kills were nice too!
Good job in your matchups, I think it's near a perfect rating.

∫unk

Smash Master
who is it? teamsies at r3?

edit: nvm im not sure if i am going.
secret :x

and i gotta team with warpstatus we always team lol and you need to team with someone from mexico... VEGAS VS MEXICO!!!

20 dollar venue fee is soo much :l

okay thank you very much

yeah there's some things i dont know like in general being in the air isnt beneficial for ddd vs falco and you can d-tilt out of jab

.AC.

Smash Lord
secret :x

and i gotta team with warpstatus we always team lol and you need to team with someone from mexico... VEGAS VS MEXICO!!!

20 dollar venue fee is soo much :l

okay thank you very much

yeah there's some things i dont know like in general being in the air isnt beneficial for ddd vs falco and you can d-tilt out of jab
im teaming with someone from vegas.

vegas+mexico>universe

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
suppose you've lost all your jumps and you're up bing back to the stage, and the only way to get back is to sweetspot the ledge. your opponent's edgehogging. is it possible to hit an edgehogger and still manage to cancel the up b in time to grab the ledge?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
suppose you've lost all your jumps and you're up bing back to the stage, and the only way to get back is to sweetspot the ledge. your opponent's edgehogging. is it possible to hit an edgehogger and still manage to cancel the up b in time to grab the ledge?

I've done it several times and it definitely works. You must bring forth the timing of cancelling it the millisecond you spike whoevers on the ledge. But it can't happen that often because either they will hug the ledge right before you're coming down so they get the invincibility frames. Or if they're already on it, they'll do a ledge attack or roll so they can evade it too.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
how does D3/Luigi work as a team? (yes i know obviously look for shoryukens lol) but abit more indepth post would be helpful such as, who would be stock tank, support card, damage racking, killer, whose going to gimp, what team combos, what stages work for them and which don't.

Thanks if anyone answers this.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I can see this being a worthy team. I actually think it's one of those teams where either one can be approaching the other team and the other one camps. It's like a switchoff thing. We can combo aerials with each other, from Luigi to back airing/forward airing into our back air/forward air, or vice-versa. Not only can King Dedede down throw into Luigi's upB, if the situation seems different where Luigi grabs, he can just throw into one of our aerials easily, since his throws are so basic and it's easy to get used to the trajectory of their knockback. Luigi can also down throw into an appropriate aerial into one of ours. You can forward throw into our forward smash for a double-wammy which is an automatic kill as accompanied to my down throw into your upB. A very combotastic team. King Dedede is always the stock tank, so he can stay behind and let Luigi show off his typical metagame on the other side. I think Luigi can backthrow while the spinning body can hit nearby characters, so when he's up there he can backthrow when King dedede sees it without worrying about being punished by the teammate of the other team too.
Additionally to what I said about either one approaching, the killers that you're trying to look for can be either Luigi or King Dedede because we both have great kill moves anyways. Your forward smash also, **** forgot lol. It can just be on-the-spot for this team on who kills since both characters can kill nicely in doubles.
King Dedede would be the safer gimper because of his back air and his upB's super armor to get back to stage without being gimped himself. Luigi should stay on stage definitely. And I gues we can have a couple moments where we have projectile fests. Luigi shorthops fireballs and we throw waddle dees from below, and possibly a Gordo.
Our best stages would be the following: Rainbow Cruise because King Dedede does excellent here with just about any partner, and I normally beat the opposing team on Rainbow Cruise even if they have Meta Knight because we can kill so early. Luigi's recovery options are astounding so he has no problem being on the stage. There's no stage advantages to team tactics but it's just a great stage overall for this team. We'll do well on any neutral, no worries there. That's where I think up of all of what I'm saying for this team anyway, the neutrals. This team is excellent now that I'm thinking and writing about it, I'm surprised I didn't think of Luigi before...

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
sweet thanks, i may work on that timing a little bit then. also, how ought i to di mk's dthrow? i feel like i always get followed up with something once they dthrow me.

also, as forewarning, depending on when my friend can get the videos up, i'll have some more videos to be critiqued, against fatal's snake in friendlies and loser's finals against the top ranked player in ne, a pit user, the latter ones i assume will be of pretty crappy quality though (they were taken on a blackberry, haha)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'll just be blunt.

DI away and tech away. The dash attack you can live through, but if you DI up near MK, he's just going to up-b the hell outta you.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
DI away and tech away. The dash attack you can live through, but if you DI up near MK, he's just going to up-b the hell outta you.
Good job Serin, but there's more options than that you know, do you know? Uh...
sweet thanks, i may work on that timing a little bit then. also, how ought i to di mk's dthrow? i feel like i always get followed up with something once they dthrow me.

also, as forewarning, depending on when my friend can get the videos up, i'll have some more videos to be critiqued, against fatal's snake in friendlies and loser's finals against the top ranked player in ne, a pit user, the latter ones i assume will be of pretty crappy quality though (they were taken on a blackberry, haha)
You can either DI the opposite way for more space, then tech roll the same way, which will guarentee safety. Or if you want to revenge him for beating down on you with his feet so hard, immediately airdodge before you hit the ground so you can gain recovery from the hitstun, then buffer a down tilt or a grab. If you feel that you're always getting followed up from something, that's because you're not thinking. You know he's going to do something to you afterwards, so predict and avenge him accordingly. Your welcome good old Dawall, it's great that you never left us ever since your single post of introduction to us.
I'll be more than happy to critique you! It'll be a legit critique since it's against Fatal and a top ranked player, awesome. Blackberry....wow just buy a steady camera you bum. :)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
hoorayyyyyy

Beef is god tier

<3

now that i think of it, since d3 is the stock tank, will luigi always be the one ended up in a 2v1 situation ? luigi's (or myself actually lol) can actually stand in my own ground and handle 2v1s nicely

and the grab to shoryuken, should it ALWAYS be D3 grabbing the opponent and THEN luigi goes for the upb? or D3 just dthrows to luigi and luigi upbs? sometimes l get mixed up x.x.

and the best followup i can think of lve been doing so far is my partner D3 doing a Dthrow to luigi's weak nair ( so sad) or upsmash, but that's like 2 followups lol, can you think of anymore?

and who should D3 look out for when it comes to dubz?

and if d3 loses the first stock, does he still continue to play stock tank ?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Check out the previous pages or the first page on my write-ups, it's not just you that I put effort into helping out. ;)
Well it's going to be different you know, King Dedede can sometimes be in a 2v1 in which he's actually a little bad at. But I just have to play extra smart.
And oh yeah Luigi, I can already tell, does great in 2v1's because of his aerial game with spacing, and then forward smash kills.
And it can be either way for King Dedede to grab, or he can down throw if you're not close enough in time. Waiting for the down throw is safer for the team, and the opponent will be in hitstun so it's guarenteed my friend.
And dude it's your character that you know all about lol. But if you insist. And I'm assuming here that the opponent is not in killing percentages. After King Dedede down throws, you can do a non-pummeled forward throw so King Dedede can do a forward air or back air, and then keep it going with your forward air or back air. Forget neutral air for team combos -_-. It has the vertical knockback that we don't need.
King Dedede's foes in doubles are the ones you should look out for. Luigi should handle the Meta Knight whenever possible, and have him handle Zero Suit Samus too because she has too much on King Dedede in doubles specifically. Any other dumb matchup for King Dedede, he can handle in doubles, just those two that King Dedede should retreat on.
And for your last topic, I think the team should continue to do what they're doing, or do what I've described above. No further changes in the roles for this team.

If you play wifi on All Is Brawl, I think we can execute my thoughts into some friendlies if you have some time tomorrow night [I'm going to an offline tournament tomorrow.]
What do you think?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
oh wow didn't know this was a FAQs thread too >_>. l just read it lol, l feel dumb for not noticing it xD wish all boards had this anyways sorry for not reading first page xD thanks though .

i just realized how zss is threat to him lol luigi is like 6/4 against her maybe slightly worst. same thing with fox i think? and maybe wario goes even and olimar goes 6/4

i think that's about everything thank you ;DDD

and yes l do wifi ( apparently l was just doing wifi dubz with my d3 friend and coming in very rusty from not doing dubz in a while which is why l came to this thread as a reminder) l'll see if i can play though, although l dont like playing WC that much lol

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
We should rename this thread the "Beef tells us what we do wrong Thread" XD

Anyway, Diddy has always been my worst matchup and I was wondering if im approaching him with bananas correctly. I've been told to use bairs and dairs exclusively. Heres a clip of me playing a non-diddy main on wifi (no diddys around these parts D: ) Besides the obviously dumb fsmashes and other things from this being a wifi friendly, what can I do to better avoid the bananas? Am I on the right track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObgdzvcOFv4

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
My Falco is sucking against Dawall's DDD recently, I need tips on that matchup, the Falco boards says camp, its not working for me. I especially needs help on getting the kill on the big fat penguin.

Help this little pigeon plz?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
We should rename this thread the "Beef tells us what we do wrong Thread" XD

Anyway, Diddy has always been my worst matchup and I was wondering if im approaching him with bananas correctly. I've been told to use bairs and dairs exclusively. Heres a clip of me playing a non-diddy main on wifi (no diddys around these parts D: ) Besides the obviously dumb fsmashes and other things from this being a wifi friendly, what can I do to better avoid the bananas? Am I on the right track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObgdzvcOFv4
No we shouldn't name it that because I really do give out compliments of what somebody did that was impressive. In my previous critique with Junk is an example, just with you... there wasn't anything to point out like that :(.
And also I answer questions in here and I help out a couple people with doubles things...and I think there may be one more thing but meh.

Diddy Kong is your worst matchup eh...? Well it just means that you don't know it as much judging by the video. In order to avoid his banana peel tactics, we must be aggressive. But smart at the same time. To tell you the truth, down air helps a little bit but not as much as back air. In this aggressive way I'm speaking about, we have to keep Diddy Kong off stage as much as possible, with back airs and chaingrabs to a forward throw, always forward throw!. It puts him offstage after the chaingrab instead of down throw which it will make Diddy Kong head safely to the ledge. Keep him off.
So by the video, you just stood there which is the exact opposite to what you should be doing. At the beginning of the match, dash dash dash, and Z-catch his banana if you can. Or just back air assuming he'll be in the air summoning the banana.
Don't use down air as much...that's for other matchups where characters chaingrab you or outcamp you. It's not as effective as back air for Diddy Kong.
Other ways of avoiding his bananas are if you're not on Final Destination, do platform camping. Oh and yes you're on the right track, the basic track in which you know that you should be airborne some of the time.
I got some more videos today...and I got a complete set with a legit Diddy Kong, so I'll send you the link in the next couple days because I haven't uploaded yet. Everything I told you will pretty much be in action in those matches. Just wait. :)

My Falco is sucking against Dawall's DDD recently, I need tips on that matchup, the Falco boards says camp, its not working for me. I especially needs help on getting the kill on the big fat penguin.

Help this little pigeon plz?
Helping a Falco?

A FLIPPING FALCO?????????????

You're out of your mind.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
I didnt mean "Beef tells us what we do wrong Thread" in a BAD way... oh well.

So I have heard Bair is the way to go, but after the jumping Bair, how do I KEEP bairing him without landing again? I don't know a way to bair and not land :( Do I WOP? Maybe I just need to see it in action, thanks in advance for the vid :DDD

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
well if you're trying to get maximum bairs without landing, woping works, bair jump, bair jump, so on and so forth and then land on a platform for most safety. don't do two bairs in one sh, you'll end up landing. with a fh, i think you can do two bairs and be able to jump again, correct me if i'm wrong

but if you mean to use bair wall against a diddy? i actually don't know how well that works, they can peanut/banana you... when i play diddy i don't bair spam. i just attempt to grab/chaingrab him and then wreck him offstage.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I didnt mean "Beef tells us what we do wrong Thread" in a BAD way... oh well.

So I have heard Bair is the way to go, but after the jumping Bair, how do I KEEP bairing him without landing again? I don't know a way to bair and not land :( Do I WOP? Maybe I just need to see it in action, thanks in advance for the vid :DDD
Your welcome. And the thing is...you can't back air him while staying in the air because he's a smaller target. So I meant to be more specific on this situation, I really meant that once he's in the air already, or on a platform, that's where you back air while staying in the air. How do you get him in the air? Chaingrabbing [shieldgrabs] him and then do a forward throw once he's near the ledge. Don't up throw....don't down throw... forward throw always after a chaingrab. From my video, I did some fastfall back air some on him after just puffing for the right time. I landed on the floor but at least I got him.
Like I said, all of this is in my video(s) that are being uploaded now.

EDIT: Oh I didn't notice Dawall's last post on the previous age, he's got it down too and that's how it should be done.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

Helping a Falco?

A FLIPPING FALCO?????????????

You're out of your mind.

lolololol

Don't have to believe me, but I hate the Falco Dedede matchup just as much as any Dedede main.

And I like how the Dedede board are filled with jokers like Gates and Serin, and then theres Beef :laugh:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
lolololol

Don't Have To Believe Me, But I Hate The Falco Dedede Matchup Just As Much As Any Dedede Main.

And I Like How The Dedede Board Are Filled With Jokers Like Gates And Serin, and Then Theres Beef :laugh:
AND THEN THERE'S BEEFY!!

caps

EDIT: <3 Beefy though. No homo.

Top Bottom