• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Jupz

Smash Master
I love Fair, its sweeping hitbox is great. Obviously not as good as Bair but its still a great move. I think we should discuss it next in the move analasis.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Please no hard feelings comrades, but we need to subside the offtopic discussion about forward air...or just move it to the social thread where it belongs please.
how good is falling n-air? or is it almost always better to just airdodge to the ground (instead of the n-air)?
How good? It's quite good if it hits. It does a measly 7% but that's good because you can follow it up with a grab (when at 0-5ish percent, or higher when against heavier characters or Fox/Falco. Or you can follow it up with the usual up tilt for a true combo of 19%.
I've also done out of habit that you can follow it up with any other aerial except down air, because it sets it up your opponent from the slight vertical knockback. Not a combo but I've done it successfully every time because it's somehwat hard to see the aerial coming.
Airdodging to the ground is technically the safer option, but try to mix up both maneuvers and don't leave either one out.
[Another small use for fastfalling it, is in doubles, when both you and your partner are recovering... the vertical knockback helps a bunch for your partner's recovery.]

TheStig

Smash Lord
how can I get better at d-throw to d-tilt? I can only do it consistenly against heavies like dk or bowser.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Use it right after you crouch once in the correct position. If that doesnt work, just mash A while holding down :laugh: Beefy will help you. Too lazy to continue.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
how can I get better at d-throw to d-tilt? I can only do it consistenly against heavies like dk or bowser.
You can only do it consistently against Donkey Kong and Bowser because it is a true combo on both of them at the edge. On Bowser it's a true combo anywhere.
You can improve your down tilt followup after a down throw by watching what your opponent does if he's right near the edge. If you see the white invincibility frames come up, wait for the get-up attack to end, then down tilt. If you're close enough to him to where he can't successfully hit you with the get-up attack near the edge, then you're in the right spot. The easiest way adding on to reading your opponent is if you smallstep a little bit if you're a tiny bit far away, then after their action, do down tilt.

__________X_O.
\
On the diagram...imagine the dot next to the "O" as the ledge. If you see him stupidly roll to the right...he won't move anywhere, so down tilt then. I think if you're in the correct spot, you can down tilt anyways if your opponent rolls left if he's Olimar or Pikachu because their rolls are short. Try to never be too close to him/her, keep a little space to keep them from avoiding you by rolling to the left, then do your smallstepping. In conclusion, you just have to have the right space and timing for this.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
idk if Panda has a capture card. If he does he's never brought it to tourneys that I've seen.
I have a Dazzle that I never bring with me to tourneys because I don't wanna bring my laptop.

And I never told Serin I'd record the videos. I just saved the replays is all ^_~

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I have a Dazzle that I never bring with me to tourneys because I don't wanna bring my laptop.

And I never told Serin I'd record the videos. I just saved the replays is all ^_~
Because you's an ******* that don't wanna put up my videos >=[

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A lot of people don't know this, but Panda is actually very devious, crafty, and deceitful. He's always lying and playing irl mindgames with people to further his own devious elaborate plots which usually take him thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else. It's like he takes his Snake gameplay and applies it to real life.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
A lot of people don't know this, but Panda is actually very devious, crafty, and deceitful. He's always lying and playing irl mindgames with people to further his own devious elaborate plots which usually take him thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else. It's like he takes his Snake gameplay and applies it to real life.
No, see, that's just mainer syndrome. Everyone think they are their main after a while. Falco mains think they are ballers, Mario mains think they got everything covered, DDD mains are lovable dudes, ZSS mains think they are sexy stuff, and Lain thinks he's got a second person growing inside him, but that's just weed paranoia.

BeaVeR

Smash Cadet
No, see, that's just mainer syndrome. Everyone think they are their main after a while
so if i'm laughing strangely it's because i main DDD ? but i was a lazy person before maining him

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
No, see, that's just mainer syndrome. Everyone think they are their main after a while. Falco mains think they are ballers, Mario mains think they got everything covered, DDD mains are lovable dudes, ZSS mains think they are sexy stuff,.
this is true

and Lain thinks he's got a second person growing inside him, but that's just weed paranoia
THIS IS CREEPY

considering some people steal that ****...i'd be nervous to bring my equipment too

smasher01

Smash Ace
I hear things about pivot this and pivot that.

Is pivot grab out of shield really that good? Does it have longer range than regular shield grab?

how useful is pivot cuz i never use it?
and can you plz tell me some uses for a pivot. TY:)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Pivot Grab = Mindgame

PGOoS - Overrated, but not fully exempt from what other tell you. Go to the Tactical Discussion because I'm not sure about it anymore.

Uses - Say someone Dash attacks at you. You run away. But after the hitbox is over you can pivot grab and proceed to CG/bthrow.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
don't be nervous. Try to do eveyrthing you can to relax.
Most people play bad when they're heated/nervous. Also try and branch out and make some new friends or whatever. Uhh grab a lot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
try your best not to get juggled at early %
spam Bair/Ftilt
Grab alot

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For shame on you guys, saying 'grab a lot'.
Please, what awful advice is that?
Stealthstoat, let me give you the real advice.
Run and shield grab a lot.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone. I never posted in these boards before, but I play Dedede.

However, I have a problem with Dedede. Everyone I play says my Dedede is too predictable (which is true). However, even when I try to make my Dedede less predictable, they still say it's predictable. How can I make my dedede less predictable.

∫unk

Smash Master
don't go for the grab 24/7

always cg refreshes everything

most likely option vs players who you can't cg is getup attack or cross over roll so cover those first

when are some pro ddd's going to show me how it's done on wifi

i got 5th at bio 3 with ddd on teams :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
im not pro but i know my character pretty **** well we can play whenever you want junk
IM me anytime my aim is Fearoshadow

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
So I'm going to my first tournament tomorrow as d3.

Any tips? >___>
I think that it was your responsibility to read the threads here on the boards than to ask such a general question like that, but small answers from us are necessary. :)
pivot grab has really long range right? lol
And this is a prime example to why one should read the Question History before asking the same questions.
As a matter of fact, I mean read the whole original post for that matter...it will only take ten minutes to digest it all.

don't go for the grab 24/7

always cg refreshes everything

most likely option vs players who you can't cg is getup attack or cross over roll so cover those first

when are some pro ddd's going to show me how it's done on wifi

i got 5th at bio 3 with ddd on teams :)
In other words... you should try to cut all the habits that you have 3mmanuel. Don't just look at the television screen and do things that you're not thinking of. Think the whole time during a match of what move is best to do in each situation as best as you can.

And Junk...I think I already showed you what I can do :).

∫unk

Smash Master
i only challenge because i want to play people. honestly i'd rather play friendlies so ppl don't resort to stupid wifi tactics so they get a better record.

my record is horrible cause im trying random shiz... counterpicking brinstar on myself and stuff lol

if someone could make this into an animated .gif that would be amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WiocfEScCo#t=6m20s

my question is will someone play me wifi aim me junkinthtrunk

edit: and yeah commander beef is mad cute taught me a lot of stuff with ddd

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Interesting question:

Say your up against a MK. MK uses nado. If you utilt it and it breaks through, doesn't that mean that nado's priority is actually lower at the middle, or is that just utilt's strength and priority ****** it?

Stealthstoat

Smash Cadet
Pretty impressed with my performance at the tournament. I faced a diddy first, and even though I didn't beat him once, I came really close. I just had some unlucky things happen that match. Then I played a kirby and got the last kill at 50% with a gordo. Then I almost beat the third best metaknight at the tournament. >:l

I got fourth in doubles as well.

Overall I'm pleased with my performance, and I can definitely see some improvement in the future.

Also, bairing and sheild grabbing worked nicely. thnx

penguin_and_panda

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question because I'm new to SWF. I've mained allot of characters since I got smash. From Sonic, to Olimar, to Luigi, to Wolf and Finally to King Dedede. But I'm not sure if I've should use him. I use the classic controller (if that means anything) and I love grabs and aerials.
I hope someone can help me :)

Top Bottom