• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Smoom77

Smash Master
I looked the D3 guide, but I couldn't find any frame data on airdodges. I only need one thing. How many start-up frames does his airdodge have? I would really appreciate if you could VM me instead of posting here because I'm doing a mass search of airdodge data.

Jupz

Smash Master
Pretty sure everyone's airdodge comes out on the second frame. However theres a thread which has all of them, search it if you want.

Countcocofang

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, its me again. I got some more videos for you to critique. These are some friendlies I played after getting dead last at a tournament, someone was kind enough to play some random characters I had little matchup experience with. I will have the actual tourny matches later this week I bet. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxslYHtv5Uk&feature=player_profilepage#t=254
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5Rc1FLOx0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ehm3ijdZI&feature=channel

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So Beef was wrecking me rather badly, and is a freaking giant. (No really, ***** is tall)

He also stated that he knew about your guaranteed dash attack on Marth.

How many of you already knew this? Or am I just..really...really far behind on what D3 can do to Marth? (If so, I need to catch up)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol zedd.

Don't believe what that guy says. He used to think the Marth matchup was dead even.

And the fsmash trick is a mindgame at most. I've only done it once before. Like, ever.

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh yeah I read that but forgot about it, dash attack one sounds cool but yeah I don't believe the Fsmash one either lol.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For some reason I just don't believe the forward smash one.

Also we shouldn't be committing to ftilt if you DI.
Yeah, the forward smash one seems sketchy because its, well, forward smash.
Also, we aren't DIing out of it. What he is claiming is that if you dash dance away from the forward tilt that you can forward smash safely because of snake's ending lag. though what stops them from just finishing the forward tilt in the case? a forward tilt should easily be in range for that.

Don't believe what that guy says. He used to think the Marth matchup was dead even.
Isn't it basically even? Not 50-50, but isn't it one of the 45-55 or 55-45s?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Isn't it basically even? Not 50-50, but isn't it one of the 45-55 or 55-45s?
lol no. That's what I have it as, but most Marth mains think Dedede is their second worst matchup behind Metaknight. I think it's closer than they say it is, but it's definitely Dedede's advantage.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh no! Marth is my main argument for why the chaingrab is not gay :( Let's just act like we never said this and keep it like it is.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why do D3's NEED a secondary...

We have so many bad matchups that force up to pick up Marth or ICs.

Pikachu, Falco, ICs, Olimar, and now MK (or so I'm convinced...I hate you Atomsk >_>)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seibrik would say you are wrong about all those matchups except Pikachu. Co18 has proven that you don't need a secondary I feel. He only loses to MKs . . . . . . and Toon Links >_>

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh no! Marth is my main argument for why the chaingrab is not gay :( Let's just act like we never said this and keep it like it is.
Brawl is a gay game. Chaingrabs are what give Dedede the edge to compete with his opponents' gayness.

Why do D3's NEED a secondary...

We have so many bad matchups that force up to pick up Marth or ICs.

Pikachu, Falco, ICs, Olimar, and now MK (or so I'm convinced...I hate you Atomsk >_>)
You don't NEED a secondary for MK (especially since he has no real counters LOL), it just helps.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Falco ***** us for sure. We got better against ICs. Olimar still ***** us with pivot grab... and MK is slowly getting back at 6:4

Jupz

Smash Master
I think Toon Link and Pit are the two most underrated characters. I tried to pick up Pit but I quit after a week lol.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Err...not trying to be too strict or anything, but why is this conversation in the Q and A thread?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
From the matches I've seen vs. Anther, not as Toon Link campy as I'd expect. There's a lot of aerial fighting going on. Kind of reminds me of DDD vs. Wario in terms of the amount of Bair's I see.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Question: Do you think Toonlink does better vs any of DDD's "bad" matchups?
No because we have the ability and the time to shield everything he has while he is in the air. We just have to be very patient in this matchup. This is unlike our "bad" matchups because ironically...all of them besides Meta Knight involve us getting grabbed. (Also outcamped too but I stated my fact.)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think you misunderstood what he was askign Beef. He wasn't saying, is this a bad matchup, he was saying, which of our bad matchups does he cover?

Jupz

Smash Master
He also does reasonably well against IC's, not sure if he does better then us. He does worse against MK, and I'm not sure about Falco or Olimar.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No because we have the ability and the time to shield everything he has while he is in the air. We just have to be very patient in this matchup. This is unlike our "bad" matchups because ironically...all of them besides Meta Knight involve us getting grabbed. (Also outcamped too but I stated my fact.)
Actually, if you get grabbed at low percents by Metaknight it'll most likely lead to a dthrow -> Tornado which will deal about 30%. So yeah, you don't wanna get grabbed by him either.

Top Bottom