• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Air camp him with Dair.

And now... HERE'S...

BEEFY!!!!!!!!!

*crowd cheer*
LoL...If you want your posts to be meaningful, I think you should elaborate on your advice more Serin...it doesn't matter if it's something obvious...just expand more on what you say or something lol.
But that's why we should.
A free waddle dee toss
If its off stage, we can go straight from there to grabbing the ledge, and prepare to edge hog.
imagine a lagless jet hammer.
Imagine a lagless mindgame inhale.
After just testing this...and I knew this was too good to be true, but the ledge does not cancel the lag after we do our special attack. That really is too good to be true. The best I came up with is while we are recovering high, we can level ourselves with the ledge and do an Inhale and then grab the ledge after all the lag is gone. It takes good timing but it's actually easy to master if you keep doing it in friendlies or make a custom stage with a fallthrough platform with a ledge block about 5 "squares" below it and you can practice timing of the falling Inhale or Waddle Dee toss. I don't recommend Jet Hammer for this maneuver though, because as usual, it's excessive lag is not worth for the ledge unless if you really like the move lol.
Hello everyone, i have a problem against my friend who mains wolf. We are by no means experts at this game or claim to be, we play maybe once a week if that.

Basically my problem is i enjoy playing ddd and as i've read here ddd vs wolf should be an easy fight, my problem is my friend plays like a total jerk and just b spam lasers all match (we play on final destination 98% of the time), it's incredibly annoying and its his only character he can beat my ddd with, but i want to be able to destroy his wolf and stop his ******** spamming.

Any tips for a simple noob? thanks everyone
Just wow. Lol Just simply restart the match if he keeps picking Final Destination.
If you play on this stage against Wolf, just watch every laser closely and just smallstep and shield each one if it takes that to reach him. Or puff your way over there. I think at the beginning of the match you should throw a couple waddle dees because they will take the hit but won't be knocked offstage. I think the rest is logical for you to figure out! Do approaching dodge rolls, spotdodge, shield, jumping over them. Any of those and a smart mind to see one of his smashes coming should solve the spamming problem. You don't have to play on that stage. You have the power to restart the match.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It's not really my thread, so I dont wanna give false information to something that you think is wrong.

And I don't elaborate on what I say because it is mostly self-explanatory. Sorry, it's just how I think.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's not really my thread, so I dont wanna give false information to something that you think is wrong.

And I don't elaborate on what I say because it is mostly self-explanatory. Sorry, it's just how I think.
Gah! I know that it's "my" thread but the point is to get as much information as possible to the question by ANYBODY:(. But yeah some answeres may be wrong in some cases, so I'll agree with you there. Yeah that question is logical enough but.....

Hyliandescent

Smash Rookie
So recently I have been stepping my game up massively. I have read alot on DDD and even brawl itself but I do have a question.

Now I read that you want to buffer ftilt and dtilt after dthrow. I tried this and it seems to be WAY more effective against most of the cast(that can be hit by that combo) so then I thought why not buffer my dash after dthrow to make it easier to get my cg's off. Can I get any insight on this? It seems like it might be throwing my cg game off right now, only because I don't have the timing down right..

So my question is, Is it logical for me to be attempting to Buffer my dash out of dthrow so I can get faster cgs? What I do to train this is Just work on buffering ftilt and dtilt so I can get the frame window down, then apply the timing to dashing.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
To answer your question bluntly, no.

I say this because there are characters that will avoid the dash grab even if you buffer a dash.

Characters like Mario, Lucario, Yoshi, and some other characters I may be forgetting can escape the CG if you buffer the dash too early.

Hyliandescent

Smash Rookie
Oh, ok I see.. Well I was playing a toon link last night that was getting out of my cgs and that might have been why.. also the timing on my buffering wasn't great either. I feel Like I only have my chain grabs perfect like 1/2 the time. Can anyone throw me a tip or 2 on getting my chain grab down?

Hyliandescent

Smash Rookie
Yes, I actually read about SCG and have been working it into my game since. I guess I just need practice in general with it like I assumed. I appreciate the help Serin and I hope you have a wonderful day =)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I say this because there are characters that will avoid the dash grab even if you buffer a dash.

Characters like Mario, Lucario, Yoshi, and some other characters I may be forgetting can escape the CG if you buffer the dash too early.
Good job Serin...you passed this test with a "B" because you're correct about everything except this. It's actually preferable to learn the frame timing to dash grab on characters such as these...Mario Lucario and Yoshi. You can buffer if you want but these characters cannot avoid dash grabs that were buffered or even not buffered. Of course...Shield-chaingrabbing anybody is better than anything else to get an extra grab in, but dash grabbing these characters is fine enough.
I'll update the original post with your input when I can...that is your reward.
So my question is, Is it logical for me to be attempting to Buffer my dash out of dthrow so I can get faster cgs? What I do to train this is Just work on buffering ftilt and dtilt so I can get the frame window down, then apply the timing to dashing.
Of course it's logical to do something like that, but it's not a better idea than Shield-Chaingrabbing. This is a better thing to do then buffering a dash grab because buffering a dash grab can be inconsistent like you said before. And Shield-Chaingrabbing gives you more grabs in the first place because you cancel your sliding animation with your shield when you dash grab.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Wait, if ledge canceling isn't canceling the ending lag, then what does it cancel?
It literally doesn't cancel lag but you know how there's such a wide box for grabbing the ledge to where you don't have to go right on to to grab it?
If we do a sideB or inhale while falling...we can time a ledge grab to where we will grab the ledge from being slightly below it...because of the wide box of where we can grab a ledge.

I'm not sure if there's a vocab term for it but we can grab it there..

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait, I don't think we are talking about the same thing Beef.
I'm talking about what allows Metaknight to drill rush right into another drill rush.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
CRASHiC, you are taking a lot of moves and confusing yourself thinking we can do the same. Drill rush is FORCED movement. We have nothing to MAKE us move.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
But Serin, back when you could ledge cancel aerials as well as b moves, puff you could rest combos out of it, despite non of those giving her movement.
The aerial canceling is out, but the b cancel remains. The idea is to take the movement out of an aerial, and ledge cancel it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2WHDvG0jc
This applies to our b moves.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does this really matter?

How much is baing able to cancel a Waddle Dee Toss going to help us against MK? Or Falco? Or ANYONE?

It's totally pointless to talk about this and it likely won't work anyway.

Jupz

Smash Master
It would help with jet hammer and inhale if we got it to work. Hell, if it worked with inhale we could suck people in towards us, when the animation ended cancel it on the ledge and hit them. But I don't think we can cancel our B moves on the edge.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ledge canceling Inhale doesn't make sense since you want to be able to keep it out so that they actually get sucked in.

How often do you throw Waddle Dees ever? Against Toon Link and maybe rarely against Snake and that's it.

I'm going to skip Super Dedede Jump because it should be obvious how rarely anyone uses that move whenever they're not recovering.

I don't understand the point of ledge canceling Jethammer either. It might be useful but I doubt it. What percent does uncharged Jethammer kill at? It's really high right?

Crashic, you need to stop finding obscure ATs that low tier mains find and trying to apply them to Dedede. If you really want to advance his metagame, find out how to win in his bad matchups more easily.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
MK is one of the few people who uses B canceling. MK is not low tier.
Also, isn't the reason we don't use the waddle toss because because of its punishable lag?
The idea of researching for ATs and other little tricks is to improve DDDs mobility in even the slightest way.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Go to practice. Choose DK and infinite him without the ledge. Start from there.

Then, choose D3 and do the same thing, except over the ledge.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Is there a certain distance from the edge that Dedede has to be?
Just as long as you're next to the ledge and he's in thin air off the ledge. Start with a chaingrab and keep going until you reach the appropriate spot for the edge infinite. It should be logical from there after you chaingrab him.
(This is for the original post.) How to infinite or ledge infinite: After a single down throw...you must buffer another grab [Buffer meaning mashing a button to ensure that you get the perfect frame of the attack you want to execute]. It takes some practice but it's easy after a while. Learn the timing of buffering it during the frames of your first down throw.

And guys...I took out the third rule in which I didn't want compliments or comments...those are fine, I'm just being too strict. lol. I updated the original post too.

tekkie

Smash Master
Just as long as you're next to the ledge and he's in thin air off the ledge. Start with a chaingrab and keep going until you reach the appropriate spot for the edge infinite. It should be logical from there after you chaingrab him.
(This is for the original post.) How to infinite or ledge infinite: After a single down throw...you must buffer another grab [Buffer meaning mashing a button to ensure that you get the perfect frame of the attack you want to execute]. It takes some practice but it's easy after a while. Learn the timing of buffering it during the frames of your first down throw

Would you recommend using A or Z or both? I just tried it and it's a little tricky.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Interesting. I never knew that.

edit: I couldn't find a whole lot of info about Dedede's stage preferences. what stages are regarded as good/bad?
Well I'm glad that you know it now because it's not possible to buffer with "A". LoL You'll just do your jab attack instead and we don't want that.

You mean you couldn't find the 7th question that was answered in the Question History out of the 35 answered questions? Check there buddy.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
**** it Beefy, change the title to King DeDeDe Q&A or something... >_> Apparently, it confuses some people.

tekkie

Smash Master
Well I'm glad that you know it now because it's not possible to buffer with "A". LoL You'll just do your jab attack instead and we don't want that.

You mean you couldn't find the 7th question that was answered in the Question History out of the 35 answered questions? Check there buddy.
i meant hold shield and press A to continue regrabbing (during an infinite).

also the first post is kind of a mess. i would have never thought to look there.

Top Bottom