• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
um.....that's kinda random...how will that help again???
I'm not even past the patcher

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
um.....that's kinda random...how will that help again???
I'm not even past the patcher
Its an admin backdoor code that will make the play button work and let you go in even if theres a problem. You still wont be able to log in if there are any server issues, youre not up to date, etc, but it youre at the patcher and the play button wont work, that code will make it work.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Should try volibear support. It does, puts a lot of pressure on the ad carry

:phone:
I remember when I saw this a while back for the first time, and every time there was a support Voli, that lane destroyed. Of course, this is low elo, so I never thought it'd become a legitimate strategy.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Voli is fun. Sad that ionic spark is gone, because it worked well on him. And it made it look like his ult was always on and that was cool. Stattik shiv doesn't synergize as well.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
So thankfully Udyr is back in the jungle and stronger then ever, however I think Skarner got completely ****ed by his "Bug Fix" and now hes not as viable of a pick. On top of that they increased boss camp monster health again and it hurts him a lot.

So who's gonna replace skarner as the most fun jungler in S3?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So thankfully Udyr is back in the jungle and stronger then ever, however I think Skarner got completely ****ed by his "Bug Fix" and now hes not as viable of a pick. On top of that they increased boss camp monster health again and it hurts him a lot.

So who's gonna replace skarner as the most fun jungler in S3?
Maokai. I've been playing him a lot lately and he might be my new favorite champion.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Udyr stronger then s2 jungle? I don't understand how... With increase health on the main creep Phoenix became leas efficient and item pathing for udyr is weaker. Hog is what made udyr so good s2 and how efficient wit ends and aegis was all udyr really need for his core items but with the new changes it isn't as efficient. I could write a huge post on how bad udyr is compared to his former self. I will say his buff is quite nice but ATM I think he's still lack lustering.
Also with the release of new characters, udyr became even weaker now due to heavy kite team comps. Too many champions counter udyr ATM. Also changes in masteries indirectly nerfed udyr, him losing movement in defensive tree was a big hit to his early game presence. Getting 8% free ms from masteries was so good on udyr. Due to these changes I've really stopped playing skarner and udyr in jungle, very unforunate for me since they were the champions that got me to 2.1k Elo last season :/.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Not a top laner so I can't really give you information about top udyr, sorry espy :(. But I think top udyr pretty good, his 1v1 dueling is very strong. Tiger stance is insane even at just 1 level in it and turtle stance and 9 health pots, I imagine it would be near impossible to push him out of lane.
Also would be real easy to gank his lane due to bear stance relatively low cool down , so I imagine udyr top would be good still. Not sure why he isn't seen top more often, I think he beats a lot of the common tops such as Olaf, Shen etc etc.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I spent a bunch of time trying to make him work top.

You have to pick him into a matchup. IF u just blind pick him he gets countered way too easily.

Singed, elise, vlad, jax, gp, jayce, yorick, and to a lesser extent riven are all extremely frustrating. I'm probably missing a few.

Granted just like a tanky nidalee it's near impossible to force him out of lane without being very specific characters but is he strong like riven, darius, olaf, jax, etc.? No. Not really.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Hes better then he was right before s3 for sure, his phoenix stance AoE isn't his main output of damage on the camps anyway so that's not a huge deal.

As well his jungle duel matchups are a lot better now especially since lee sin is out of the picture in that aspect.

Also with the increase in global gold and making jungle farming more of a payoff he can counter jungle as well as clear his own camps to stay even or get ahead while maintaining control of the opponents jungle.

He was a lot better in early S2 though for damn sure, and since riot p much making this game "League of Gap Closers" hes definitely lacking in some situations comparatively to s2. I think they need a change to bear stance to make him a bit more of a threat. Then again maybe not, idk lol. Just my two cents

Player-3

Smash Hero
i played jayce top vs a udyr a few games ago

you havent seen true brick wall-dom until you face 13 health potion udyr

you cant move it

its impossible

he just sits there

laughing at your inferiority

and then you both farm for 30 minutes

also voli support op

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's less about Udyr being viable in the jungle and more about him being invalidated by every low cooldown slow/cc power creep. Udyr ****s on the jungle still, just nothing else.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I chuckled when I read that.
I feel like he can only stun people near the adc during teamfights... and that's it. I guess that's the point, idk.

:038:

jpak

Smash Lord
nami pretty good just have to buy more mana pots than usual
the concept of dealing damage to someone and then healing after is just too good in lane
Q is still tricky to land, might become easier with practice

elise support pretty good same with elise jungle
elise op
draven damage in lane needs nerf, buff his team fight ability

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I saw a support Elise for the first time today in our ranked game. She kinda pooped on us...

I guess 1.5 second stuns are the deciding factor for good supports now.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Anybody else having a problem with Windows 8 and League?

my new laptop came with Windows 8 stock. Leagues been ****ing up ever since I switched comps and now it won't even open so I just downgraded to 7 because I was tired of trying to find solutions for Windows 8 and I hated 8 anyway.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Haven't you learned? Microsoft always brings out good OS, bad OS, good OS, bad OS.

98 was good, 2000 was bad, XP was good, Vista was bad, 7 is good, 8 is bad.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Try game booster? I had some problems and game booster fixed it. But that was win7.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Garen underutilized imo. I also don't think he gets pooped on by much except Teemo if you play the lane right. Elise might give him a little bit hard of a time (she won't after mana changes in next patch), but he can always just heal up off of passive if he needs to and reduces a lot of her % damage /w W at the right time.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Anybody else having a problem with Windows 8 and League?

my new laptop came with Windows 8 stock. Leagues been ****ing up ever since I switched comps and now it won't even open so I just downgraded to 7 because I was tired of trying to find solutions for Windows 8 and I hated 8 anyway.
Leagues just not opening whatsoever? or not installing or what? I have windows 8 maybe I can help you out.. works fine for me. I'm actually growing kind of fond of windows 8.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Udyr sucks, 12% of a stat that deteriote isn't that strong lol. Armor and mr greatly decrease in value as you get more of it. Regardless udyr just can't keep up with the current meta. If his bear stance gave him rengar brush lunge he would be good. Just his inability to close the gap and league forever growing growth in movement impairing spells will hinder udyr forever.

Also my thought on garen is that he's a weaker irelia or Darius, I would gladly take either of those champions over garen. Sure he dOes well in lane but a lot of champion can win lane and still lose.

Garen and udyr are just outdated champions :/.

Top Bottom