• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
New champ looks like his brokeness will depend on how much control you have of your shape shifting. And that ult automatically makes him a member of the table flip team.

Well what does Nunu get from health ? He already has high as heck base health, doesn't scale with health like Sej, Naut or Voli, he doesn't even synergize from golem's passive like Cho would thanks to his ult.
Feral, on top of giving him better clears, synergizes with his passive and his W and coupled with his E allows him to outpummel people to death. I'm not saying golem won't work as sometimes you really want to get tanky, but feral quill (and haunting guise as third item) gives Nunu a lot of duel potential.
Yeh, Player-3 got it. He gets 10% bonus health from eating a Golem. I will try Feral Quill before I completely dismiss it but it doesn't sound that optimal.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Double Post
I've tried buying mana items, such as glacial shroud but I still run out of mana too often and fast :/ also there is no good MR + mana item for when I need to itemize against double AP.
If you're not spamming all your spells he should be gaining mana from jungling and if you're not just holding your ult up for like 30 seconds.

Moobeat made Gnar jungle look awful. I think it's hard to do but it's doable, better than some other junglers out there but you'd probably be better off going Aatrox or Zac honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
  • [REMOVED] NEVER SKIP LEG DAY Cripple no longer reduces enemy attack speed (only reduces movement speed)
Good game Lee Sin top / any solid utility in late game team fights after his ult.
Like how is Lee going to do anything against any auto attacker in top when he already does less damage and scales worse?

At least they're cutting back some of that AP nerf on Kayle's E.
And that Kog health nerf makes so little sense. I don't think killing Kog was ever, ever any problem, whatsoever. I suppose how he's more durable than most allowed him to win trades, but... a character with such vulnerabilities are meant to have trade offs... oh well. That really really sucks for Kog mid :(

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Good game Lee Sin top / any solid utility in late game team fights after his ult.
Like how is Lee going to do anything against any auto attacker in top when he already does less damage and scales worse? Oh well. He uses his E in fights for more than just chasing
Who cares? Nerfing him into unviability is fine with me. Also his AD scaling is still dumb and has mixed damage so whatever.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Like how is Lee going to do anything against any auto attacker in top when he already does less damage and scales worse?
Wut now
Pretty sure Lee sin loses to nobody top in terms of damage early on. If scaling, then yes I expect people like Jax Irelia Riven Kha'zix etc. to do more than him later on.

Same as Asdioh, fine with him being nerfed to hell. Tired of not only my matches being either lee elise or eve, but LCS Games being Lee elise and eve lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I hope they delete Lee Sin, that champion is cancer and anyone complaining about these minor nerfs to him is also cancer,

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
How on Earth is Lee Sin cancer. He's an incredibly fun champion with one of the highest mechanical ceilings in the game. He's strong early game but he has counterplay, and that strong early game is balanced by a lack of lategame scaling.

Lee Sin is one of the best designed champions in the game. The cancerous champions are the ones that very easy to use and are obnoxious to deal with (eg. Darius) . Or the ones that have overloaded kits and are strong at all stages of the game (eg. Yasuo and Kayle).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lee's mechanical ceilings clip my ankles they're so low.
I don't understand why people think he takes any more genuine execution than any other character in the game. Hitting the same button twice does not make him any more complex.

Shaya, he'll out damage them because people like you think he has less damage than they do. :applejack:

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Lee's mechanical ceilings clip my ankles they're so low.
I don't understand why people think he takes any more genuine execution than any other character in the game. Hitting the same button twice does not make him any more complex.:applejack:
You're confusing floor with ceiling. To play him at a competent level, you need to be able to land your Q in ganks and know how to wardjump-kick. That's his skill floor.

What people mean when they say he takes skill is that his skill ceiling is high. It requires a high level of technical/mechanical proficiency to play him optimally. When you play him optimally he can make plays in situations that pretty no much no other champ can. It can also refer to having a high level of outplay potential.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya, he'll out damage them because people like you think he has less damage than they do. :applejack:
I'm used to cheesing my way through Lee Sin lanes taking no damage and or trading heavily a lot and then because I'm Lee Sin win win. But alas I've played against Renekton a few times :{ And Auto attack slows are really really OP and do everything.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
AS slows are op because they're invisible and by the time people notice them you've already won the trade.

Looks like
*puts sunglasses on*
Lee won't be admitted to drink at the Renekton bar anymore.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Landing Q isn't really hard, landing Skarner's E is harder than doing Lee's Q lol.

I'll just say one thing. The "skill floor" for lee sins being able to do the Insec was never done back in S2 and early S3. Which is why it's deemed as Insec after all, but when that didn't exist there was literally no telling of what a top lee sin was outside of "who can be a pest in the jungle the most from jumping camp to camp with Q and maybe ward hop behind a wall afterwards" plus if they can actually succeed with their level 2 gank top/mid lane.

Basically you're saying we need to learn the Insec kick to be considered a top lee sin? Damn that's GNARly as ****. So pretty much anybody who's played lee sin in more than 2 games cause they've very likely tried ward hop/flash kicks more than 20 times in those couple games because 25+ minute long games most likely.

If you make an argument They need to do it almost 99% correctly on the right target then 5 games max lololol

Two everests worth of skillcap

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
i mained lee sin until rengar was released and then i co mained both of them i am literally an expert in cancer and both of those champions are extremely cancerous

they're almost as cancer as shaco is except shaco is ****ing garbage is the only difference

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i mained lee sin until rengar was released and then i co mained both of them i am literally an expert in cancer and both of those champions are extremely cancerous

they're almost as cancer as shaco is except shaco is ****ing garbage is the only difference
people who constantly say cancer are pretty cancer :gova:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think Imma start using Shaco again as my jungler if Rengo is banned, Kha'zix or Skarner don't feel right in my/enemy team comp.

I've also been embracing some minor tumors since I hit Diamond. Tho kayle and lb has fallen off the table while Rengar is banned most of the time.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Landing Q isn't really hard, landing Skarner's E is harder than doing Lee's Q lol.

I'll just say one thing. The "skill floor" for lee sins being able to do the Insec was never done back in S2 and early S3. Which is why it's deemed as Insec after all, but when that didn't exist there was literally no telling of what a top lee sin was outside of "who can be a pest in the jungle the most from jumping camp to camp with Q and maybe ward hop behind a wall afterwards" plus if they can actually succeed with their level 2 gank top/mid lane.

Basically you're saying we need to learn the Insec kick to be considered a top lee sin? Damn that's GNARly as ****. So pretty much anybody who's played lee sin in more than 2 games cause they've very likely tried ward hop/flash kicks more than 20 times in those couple games because 25+ minute long games most likely.

If you make an argument They need to do it almost 99% correctly on the right target then 5 games max lololol

Two everests worth of skillcap
Are you talking to me or Espy? What you're saying makes more sense if you're talking to Espy but I feel like you're talking to me for some reason.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Edit- Ignore this I misread what you said lol. I thought you said you wer etalking to me, my bad.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I have no idea why you would say this to me then. If I'm saying that being able to insec is his floor but he has a high ceiling, clearly I'm saying that it takes a lot more than being able to insec to be a top Lee. If anything, Espy was the one implying that it doesn't take much to be a top Lee by saying that all you need to do is land a Q.

Espy- No, you said that his ceiling is low and that being able to hit a button twice doesn't make him any more complex. So you basically just said that his ceiling is being able to press a button twice.

So either you think that Lee is not capable of anything more mechanically complex of pressing a button twice, or you simply confused floor with ceiling.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think Eve is/has been consistently more cancer than Shaco has over the entire history of league. I think completely countering wards as a mechanic is unfair/******** and I'll never understand why Shaco's allowed to be so **** in comparison to her.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Probably because he scales way harder as a duelist. If he has a shiv or hydra his splitpushing is a pain to deal with because of how good his escape is.

His problem is that he's a weird combination of an assassin and a melee carry. He has the mechanics of an assassin but relies of attack speed to kill his targets. If his kit got reworked so that so he was a caster that could nuke carries in one spell rotation, that would solve most of his teamfighting issues.

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero
I think Eve is/has been consistently more cancer than Shaco has over the entire history of league. I think completely countering wards as a mechanic is unfair/******** and I'll never understand why Shaco's allowed to be so **** in comparison to her.
eves only been more cancerous because riot decides to make her not suck ass but shacos kit is definitely more ********

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Been saying this **** since the ward rework. Eve's so stupid.
Shaco's super cancer, though. :applejack:

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
  • [REMOVED] NEVER SKIP LEG DAY Cripple no longer reduces enemy attack speed (only reduces movement speed)

At least they're cutting back some of that AP nerf on Kayle's E.
And that Kog health nerf makes so little sense. I don't think killing Kog was ever, ever any problem, whatsoever. I suppose how he's more durable than most allowed him to win trades, but... a character with such vulnerabilities are meant to have trade offs... oh well. That really really sucks for Kog mid :(

And his jungle is absolutely suffocating in competitive play and any level of solo queue/teams play where people counterjungle.

As far as kog, ehhhh, i think they may have overdone it because a major part of his strength came from the fact that assassins were terrible because heal and exhaust were so strong. Nerfing him and nerfing heal and exhaust at the same time is exactly how you overnerf. Not so much tris because she has mobility and self-peel, but a lot of his hyperscaling comes from the fact that pure range made him safe in this meta. But a hyperscaling carry having an insane 1 item midgame spike is a bit much.

How on Earth is Lee Sin cancer. He's an incredibly fun champion with one of the highest mechanical ceilings in the game. He's strong early game but he has counterplay, and that strong early game is balanced by a lack of lategame scaling.

Lee Sin is one of the best designed champions in the game. The cancerous champions are the ones that very easy to use and are obnoxious to deal with (eg. Darius) . Or the ones that have overloaded kits and are strong at all stages of the game (eg. Yasuo and Kayle).
Lee is the definition of an overloaded kit >_>.

He's cancerous because in spite of being fun and interesting with a crazy high skill ceiling, he's suffocating to the jungle.

And let's be perfectly honest, prior to the nerf his lategame scaling was STILL very strong due to the insane utility in the kit, he had no tradeoffs besides lategame damage. What the nerf does is means he doesn't have quite that insane level of lategame scaling.

And as a jungler, your counterplay was basically "don't be there when lee sin is there" unless you were elise where you could potentially 2/2 or 1v1 him, everyone else lee counterganked or met in the jungle was done if lee was competent. The only reason Eve worked was because stealth meant she could completely avoid him much better then anyone else.

And that base damage on his ult, combined with it's CD and the knockback, insane.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Isn't his ult like a minute cd too?
That's kinda ridic when you factor in the elder lizard and brut if he builds it along with locket or some other cdr item.

Top Bottom