• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
How are you supposed to play the Lee Sin vs Teemo matchup top? I got wrecked so hard, but someone in game said that because I had a gap closer I should of been fine. I didn't expect to go top vs Teemo but still, I got bodied enough to know I had no idea how to play the matchup.
Max W, farm as best you can. You lose trying to go agro on him, but lee sin has some of the most legit OP sustain in the game so try to leverage that to not get pushed around too hard.

omg cho gath jungle

perfect champ to pick up

nobody plays him and he's op can't wait
I still think Cho is *** even though his kit looks pretty good on paper.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I would play him a lot more if his Q was more reliable.
Like, at least Swain can cut your movespeed in half to make landing W more reliable.
Plus, now that the game shows the enemy team a big red ring of "don't stand here!" it's ever harder to land. The terrain could sometimes make it hard to see his Q and you could get somebody that way, but oh well.

D

Deleted member

cho's weakness is that he is friggin slow and all of his moves have windup and he's weak early, good middle, and mediocre late

cho scales with skill though and despite his weaknesses he is pretty versatile. As long as you are not a 2 gp5 --> frozen heart ****** no matter what you can bend your build order to fit what your team needs, but nowadays its tough to see where cho would be the best pick, or even close to it

Cho had the ability to **** a lot of top lane metas but now............

the only popular top laner that I swear Cho ***** nowadays is riven (but i don't see her much lately), but you have to have really specific runes and rush tabi and be careful early

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hey, so uploaded a ton of replays on lol replay, some recent (as in today) some less so. Username is AdumbroDeus

I recognize the mechanical weaknesses in csing, and that I'm still having trouble with map awareness, both are things that I'm working on, but any other advice (or ideas at how to work on these things) would be appreciated.

For the record, I do practice csing solo in custom games.

jpak

Smash Lord
- ya bot lane did real well in oddone's game so thats good
- my name was jpak with the funky p, it is now jpak. took a while to convince riot to give me that name since someone took it.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
- ya bot lane did real well in oddone's game so thats good
- my name was jpak with the funky p, it is now jpak. took a while to convince riot to give me that name since someone took it.
Huh. Maybe I can take the name "Scamp" back.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/20839-latest-public-beta-environment-patch-changes-jayce

Thundering Blow:
Deals 40/70/100/130/160 plus 8/11/14/17/20% of the enemy's maximum health as magic damage and knocks them back a short distance. (200/300/400/500/600 Maximum Damage against monsters)
Deals 40/70/100/130/160 plus 8/11/14/17/20% of the enemy's maximum health as magic damage and knocks them back a short distance.
40/70/100/130/160 plus 8/11/14/17/20% of the enemy's maximum health as magic damage.
20% of the enemy's maximum health

D

Deleted member

if you get a negatron cloak that's already reduced to 10% so it would probably do like 200 then. strong but

[opens link to look up rest of stats]

lol 10s cooldown and basically no mana cost

Athene's Unholy Grail

Ability Power Increased to 90, from 80.
Magic Resist Increased to 40, from 36.
lolwat

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man those Janna nerfs hurt.

also DAMIT! @ Ori changes

like yeah its cool she's getting a great ratio on W but as of Late I was maxing Q till level 6 and then Maxing W because in lane that ball hurts at level 3

and then they go and nerf the damage. salt.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'm so excited for the Orianna changes. but I'm going away until Sunday boo.
Holy **** those Akali changes, yes lawd.
Does anyone else feel that Xerath needs some attention? I feel like his passive is underwhelming, and Locus of Power/his ult need looking at as well.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Just picked up LeBlanc, such sexy burst.
Went 3-0 in mid, to 6-0 ganking before RIOT says NO! and gives me lag and dcs...

More buffs to LB? Yes please!
As I type that I see VaNz avi yay :D

Cho's Jurassic skin coupled with max grow is visually scary. If I saw that coming out of a brush I'd run regardless of levels and items.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I like the Lux tweaks, now they just need to let her shield apply her passive, and all of her abilities to give sight into brushes and reveal anything invisible during their duration and she might be viable

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
New singed skin is wow

Nerfs to Soraka and Janna no surprise. I wish buffing other supports could be an answer but we'd see the AP Lulu case all over again.

I'm gonna try Nunu jungle out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like the Lux tweaks, now they just need to let her shield apply her passive, and all of her abilities to give sight into brushes and reveal anything invisible during their duration and she might be viable
Can Lux's E when thrown on top of a ward reveal it or is it only invis champs?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
join the club :D
I wanna high five you. I love watching judy monica teinsinoakuma and scarra play her Favorite champ in the game!

I actually just recently had a fantastic time playing her in an ARAM, and look forward to playing her intentionally in the future.
I dunno how i feel about aram but the new map is cool for those who like it. None the less i love all kat lovers.

wtf, did they just nerf Miss Fortune?
Ya wtf did they just nerf her q? Why riot? This patch is crazy they nerfed global ults ap kogmaw and janna. Riot cracking down lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh it doesnt? Hmmmm I thought I heard somewhere it did on champs...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
They want it to be a valuable build option. It's utility is not worth more than a first item (for the most part), etc etc.
it's never going to be first item worthy and there are a few champs who can certainly complete it at 2nd or 3rd item in it's current state and be content. feels like an unneeded buff to me, tbh.

The buffs to make it rain more than make up for double up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only Soraka/Janna nerfed. Any other supports were buffed or untouched.

I personally think the nerfs won't change that much of bot lane except the ad carry being able to go in 2 seconds sooner after Soraka heal.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
They decreased Double Up's range but buffed the slow and mana cost on Make It Rain.
I wonder why they nerfed her Q. I never felt like the range was super strong or anything. I'm glad Make It Rain doesn't costs billions of mana anymore (relative to her mana pool, obv).

Holy ****, Soraka nerfs. And she was my go to, lazy bot lane support. Time to start playing man-mode Taric again.

Also, these were EXACTLY the type of Lux buffs I've been waiting for. I'm now okay with how she plays (her shield is still kind of silly, but I'll deal). I have to say, I'm ok with her ult costing 200 at level 3, but the change will be welcomed nonetheless.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Apparently they didn't exchange a slow increase on MIR for a range decrease in double up, it was a straight up buff.

They nerfed the range on paper, but they changed how the range was calculated, it's now calculated like an AA which means that it's based on the edge of the enemy champion, as opposed to a targeted ability which is based on the center.

They did this because they wanted it to always be possible to use double up when you can AA, which isn't always true on larger champions.

Source

Lovage

Smash Hero
mf is the same lol

edit: double up stays the same

make it rain changes are non-existent because the mana cost/slow/damage at lv. 1 is still the same so there's no way i'm skilling that at lv. 4 lol

edddit:

janna nerfs are SICK soraka nerfs might be overboard

the ken nerf makes me wanna return my skin

Top Bottom