• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly V - January 2nd! Make sure to bring setups!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
YOU think they went too far. Even, now, I'm sure THEY think they didn't even go far enough

If you put yourself in their shoes, they truly believe that if they don't reach you, you are going to hell... if you truly believed that concerning your friends, wouldn't you be ridiculously overbearing about it too? Or maybe you're not as good a friend as they were...
I can appreciate their feelings on the matter, but...obviously I'm going to think they're going too far if I don't share the perspective they have on the issue. It's not like we're not friends anymore or anything like that, it just basically became me saying "I don't feel like I can decide on this now" and them not bringing it up (that much :p). The only reason there's any consideration of 'going too far' at all is just a lack of understanding on my part. It works for some people, and it doesn't work for others.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Sheridan- wack a.ss sheik <33...OH! and we **** in teams now.
lol sheik is such a fun character. Maybe you have a 1 stock lead on me and just ***** me, but I don't ***** care because I'm just going to tech chase your lead away anyways then edgeguard you with downsmash <3

Jason- I had fun playing you in friendlies. We should enter teams together some time if you can scrape up enough money. PS I hope you liked my dogs

macd- I will beat you one day, and that day shouldn't be too far off. I regret not doing any team friendlies though(on the same team)

Lanstar- hi

Jack of Blades- I feel bad for not saying anything to you :urg:.

Stab- If you want to beat me I can give you some advice. Fun matches though

GSUB- Much love to you

Markwee- We should have played some friendlies. It was nice seeing you again!

Ekoli- ^

Deadshot- You're so technical. Too bad you didn't warm up though. I'd like to see you at full force

Grev- I'm glad to have proven myself worthy by fighting along side you.

Bizarro Flame- GGs. You and the other Merced people are priy cool

Jeremy Amanita- I wish I had played you in friendlies. I need some ICs practice

Jkun- hi

hypuridu- Fun friendlies. We should have a staring contest. After that match where I got ***** at kongo jungle I went into rage mode

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Fly Amanita- you almost almost had connor, soooo close, i love connor but i was rooting for you just because it's a gay match up and you were sooooo close (<3 connor) we could play some next time and i'll teach you how to get around the dads, also notice the lack of spelling errors here, i'm using firefox on the school computer
I could still make fun of you for your comma splices, but this is the internet and whatnot, so I'll let it slide! Nice job beating Lucky and a Ganon!

Other shoutouts:

Stab- Your tourneys are pretty decent now!

Connor- Good **** as always. I think I'm getting a better hang of the ICs v. Peach match-up, but you're still much better at it than I am!

Sheridan- Europe *****.

Little England- I don't understand how you can resist the urge to shield in 64, even if shielding is awful.

Lovage- Nice job being a smarter and more adaptable player than I am. I have some other neat CG ideas up my sleeve, too!

Joe- Teaming with you is always fun. I think you need to be less aggressive against ICs, like I already said, and also I think you just need a better sense of how to position yourself against them, which you'll probably get eventually.

Kira- It's always nice to see you every now and then!

Mango- You're good at this game.

Lucky- I'm sure you'll **** at Pound. You always do well at major tourneys!

Merced- You guys are cool. Bizz and GB are a really good team!

In November, like sometime after McCain's birthday weekend. I understand there are a lot of haters but I believe that people have a lot of misconceptions about religion and after trying it out myself I really have to say that it works. Although a little weird/awkward at first. But in all honesty I've only been happier since the change so I'm pretty set on it.
I'm a little confused about this. A religion is essentially a set of beliefs about the nature of the universe and some other related things, so I don't see what you mean by "it works." If you're referring to it making your life better or something along those lines, that's fine, although I do have a hard time understand how you can convince yourself to believe in the existence of a deity.

On a related note, do you follow Christianity because you genuinely believe it's true or do you believe in it because it improves your life? If it's the latter, keep in mind that how something makes you feel is irrelevant to whether it is true. If it's the former, could you explain why? I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything; I just want to make sure that you're being rational.

MacD

Banned via Administration
that's one thing i do online is use lots of commas, screw periods and whatnot, though sometimes i will type in full sentences with capitals and whatnot

though if i feel too much is on one line, i just have to make a new one

MacD

i guess... though i do have the urge to use a period but not start a new line, that's when my brain hurts because i don't know what the best plan of action is to avoid using a period, i'll try semicolons

yay!!!!!!!

Lovage

Smash Hero
Lovage - I have some other neat CG ideas up my sleeve, too!
if you figure out any more CG bullsh*t i'm going to pull my hair out

oh, forgot to mention

this was a really good tournament. i'm really happy with all the people that showed up, i implore you to come to the next one, and go to winter game fest, big tournaments are always a great experience. if any of you have questions to ask, message me on aim lingbling6.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Shoutout
Shergami - I didn't mean to punch u in the face. I'm so ashamed of myself :( Im so sorry
Stab - we got this!
Jdm - it's ok about the ride thing, I should told macd or cam to give you a ride
Kira - I got ya back
Macd - do you really hate me?
Connor - you give me the ****? Well I hit u with sheik's ***
Lovage - your techskill vid is amazing. Makes me wanna main fox
Joe - sexy *** fox in teams
Fly - so random in teams. Bad choice to take u to rc
Lucky - cathy hella ***** u
Lil england - I didn't get to play u at all
Mango - you're still going to drink
S2J - My god i saw the triple knee on fly, love you <3
Practice man - looking smooth as ****
Festizzo - where your pikachu at?
Dunskie - Spider Loc
GREV - your tournament is legit now
My sheik - get ****ed up by connor
Hybrid - ****nnnn sexy *** marth

if i'm forgetting anyone else i'm sorry

CALLING OUT THE GREAT LEON AND SUPER RAD BRIAN

Team Money Match me and JDM at SCSA 5, We'll have our Revenge at this tournament! my Sheik/Fox/Marth will get off! >=[

JDM

Smash Champion
I just checked the SCSA tourney page. Venue fee is $10. Singles is $10 and doubles is $20 per team.(They should add a melee circuit since the prices are higher than normal)

Anyways I'm down for this. My Fox is gonna have field day on Brians Sheitk.

Kira-

Smash Champion
YOU think they went too far. Even, now, I'm sure THEY think they didn't even go far enough

If you put yourself in their shoes, they truly believe that if they don't reach you, you are going to hell... if you truly believed that concerning your friends, wouldn't you be ridiculously overbearing about it too? Or maybe you're not as good a friend as they were...
Well even if they are truly acting out of genuine concern, that doesn't change the fact that the way they are approaching the situation probably isn't the best way to go about converting people. "A loud and cheerful greeting early in the morning will be taken as a curse," i.e. something with good intentions can be a bad thing if done in an inappropriate setting or manner. I like what you said though, shows a lot of insight.

I'm a little confused about this. A religion is essentially a set of beliefs about the nature of the universe and some other related things, so I don't see what you mean by "it works." If you're referring to it making your life better or something along those lines, that's fine, although I do have a hard time understand how you can convince yourself to believe in the existence of a deity.

On a related note, do you follow Christianity because you genuinely believe it's true or do you believe in it because it improves your life? If it's the latter, keep in mind that how something makes you feel is irrelevant to whether it is true. If it's the former, could you explain why? I'm not trying to be patronizing or anything; I just want to make sure that you're being rational.
I say it works because if you follow the guidelines in the Bible your life will infinitely improve. I genuinely believe that it's true, not simply because "it works".

I really don't know the most accurate or best way to explain why, I'm actually in the process of trying to explain that to practice man, but I could copy and paste that to you once i'm done.

To be honest, most likely I will NOT sound rational to you or anyone, simply because it really isn't a rational thing to begin with. I could say that when I follow what the Bible says I reap the benefits of the wisdom written in there (a cause and effect case), but that can be countered with potential other causes of the effects. For example, maybe my belief has caused me to imagine that these mere coincidences are actually products of God, or that other factors such as simply attempting to improve my life has allowed me to do so, or that drugs messed up my brain and now it's getting better, or that I am devoid of any purposeful meaning in my life and religion is a good substitute for that which makes me happy, or any of the other millions of reasons as to why my belief may not be true. I cannot offer substantial proof to my claim (if I could I would be able to debunk the entire religious debate on my own); I can only say that these things have occurred often enough that I myself am convinced of their truth.

Thanks for asking in an objective manner though. Even if you outright said that you disapproved of my belief I wouldn't be surprised or even offended really, but I appreciate the fact that you weren't condescending nonetheless.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
mango - Nice Hat, glad you finally came lol
Lovage - Thanks for being so eager to run the bracket
Connor - Good job getting top 3 connor!
Fly Amanita - Nice seeing you, wish I got those IC tips lol
MacD - Is it your fault Connor like Lady Gaga so much?!
replicate - Glad you could make it joe, fun teams set =D
Lucky - Fooling around in bracket so close to Pound? =O
Kira - Don't quit ;(
Sherigami - One day! Good job in crews!
Bizz - Your ganon is so good, you ***** in teams lol Thanks for the Yoshi =)
Hyprid - Thanks for coming Kevin =D
Johnny - Sorry about the sweaty hands
Stabbedbyanipple -Meh
JDM - Thanks a lot for recording all those matches <3
Festizzio - Where's the Pika? On your shirt. :psycho:
dunskies - I wish I got to play you in friendlies =(
Dota - GGs in tourney
Koopa - Your falco is good!
Gsub - Sorry for almost losing us crews LMAO
Jack of Blades - Hope the detoxing goes well for you
Jason - We didn't do that bad in teams. If we work on not hitting each other, we can become really good! I know it!
Practice Man - Nice seeing you again!!!!!!! You're too awesome
Buddha lover - nice meeting you, come to more stuff!
Lanstar - GGs in tourney to you too
Boba - Sorry about the bracket fiasco
marthpwnzer - People will dislike you less eventually....
Signia - I didn't get to talk much with ya' but hope you had fun
roger - You look old lol
Mr. P - Nice meeting you, Merced fellow guy =D
GB - Your Faloc got really good! You were beasting in crews lol
Marq - Children's card games XD
Ekoli - Nice job in crews man! Glad you and marq could make it!
Mike - You should have played in crews!!!!! At least you came though lol
Ghad - You should have entered singles =]

Everyone I missed - Sorry, I'm dumb! lol

Smash community - <3<3<3

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I was withdrawing (detoxing) and I needed to get my fix or else I would start to get really angry for dumb reasons. That's why I made that stupid long walk/run to that gas station.

Smoking sucks, don't do it kids :/

Slashtap

Smash Cadet
Kira it's been fun watching your Sheik. You don't know me but I think you've seen a great light. I'll pray you find a lifetime of joy in Christ.

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
replicate - You help me out a lot. Thank you.
Sherigami- I'm terrible at staring contests, but I can try. You did well in crews even with that anticlimactic suicide.
Kira - I changed up my playstyle a bit, but you figured me out anyway. At the end of the set, I could barely hit you at all.
jkun - We didn't play very much at all. Weird.
Stab - When I am finally able powershield consistently in 10 years, you better prepare yourself :p
Ekoli: Nice meeting you. Those were good friendlies.
Practice Man: You're friendly and cool.

DJMirror

Smash Master
so since kira is quitting,
finally, took 2 months of saying so
irvine with be holding applications for someone to take his spot

must have a car, and preferibly someone we like and who will be like the old kira who was cool, and not this new religious kira with gf johns
though we love his gf

benefits are:

playing melee with me, zhu, maple, cameron, connor, random visitors... and jkun i guess
you can practice combos on him or something :/

hanging out with us and getting real life friends
though i'm sure some of you know what those are already

and of course the best one of all, getting to chill at the bestest place ever, cameron's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are more of course, but surprises are better

turn applications in to me or post on the boards

contact me with any questions

ps must be down to party

WARNING hanging with irvine has been know to make people more homo
Stop being bitter about Kira quitting smash =/ ya giving him the silent treatment and he was willing to fix it but ya just being a baby about it. stuff like this on the boards shouldn't be on the boards. it's not a big deal at all. You know that Dave wont change his mind about not retiring. If you love him then support him dont be a ***** about it. =___= *sigh* seriously you guys are like my second family and stuff, we shouldn't be fighting over something like this. i dont want to repeat with my SRK friends =(
(zhu and dave knew what happen)
someday when something happen to dave, you're going to regret it really bad O___o

I didn't want to post this but i thought i made it out and clear for you macd =/ sorry i hope you dont hate me for this

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
tbqh it didn't sound serious until that post.
pretty much this.

I know I'm not really involved, but I hope nothing but the best for you dave. the few times I've gone out and smashed with 949 have been a lot of fun, and from the few times I've seen you around you seem like a chill guy.

MacD

Stop being bitter about Kira quitting smash =/ ya giving him the silent treatment and he was willing to fix it but ya just being a baby about it. stuff like this on the boards shouldn't be on the boards. it's not a big deal at all. You know that Dave wont change his mind about not retiring. If you love him then support him dont be a ***** about it. =___= *sigh* seriously you guys are like my second family and stuff, we shouldn't be fighting over something like this. i dont want to repeat with my SRK friends =(
(zhu and dave knew what happen)
someday when something happen to dave, you're going to regret it really bad O___o

I didn't want to post this but i thought i made it out and clear for you macd =/ sorry i hope you dont hate me for this
jason, learn to take a joke, my god

and i'm not bitter about kira quitting smash noob, if i was, i'd have bugged him about it back in november when he decided to quit

there's more by why post it when i can let kira sweat some more ;) <3

and btw, if this shouldn't be on the boards, why post it here when i was with you around the time you posted this

DJMirror

Smash Master
jason, learn to take a joke, my god

and i'm not bitter about kira quitting smash noob, if i was, i'd have bugged him about it back in november when he decided to quit

there's more by why post it when i can let kira sweat some more ;) <3

and btw, if this shouldn't be on the boards, why post it here when i was with you around the time you posted this
Mccain, after what just happen last night - dave was trying to talk to you, you just sat there being quiet not responding to dave when he was offering to fix it. Its not a joke, that a lil over the line. dave will not chase after you mccain. I didn't want to make it a big deal in person cuz i dont want to see the two of you going at it plus cam's parents are asleep =/ i should have pm you instead

It's ok mccain, almost everyone in irvine knows you dont want kira to quit <3

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
religion is an interesting topic to me, i think because i know so little

what guidelines in the bible require a belief in God? count your blessings, love thy neighbor, etc do not, so what does? and if an athiest followed those that dont directly require a belief in God, could he call himself a christian? would he still go to hell if he acted more in line with the biblical values than a sinning believer?

btw i dont think daves gone for good. im pretty sure he loves the game too **** much, as so many of us do

pockyD

Smash Legend
what guidelines in the bible require a belief in God? count your blessings, love thy neighbor, etc do not, so what does? and if an athiest followed those that dont directly require a belief in God, could he call himself a christian? would he still go to hell if he acted more in line with the biblical values than a sinning believer?
maybe accepting jesus christ as your personal savior

MacD

Mccain, after what just happen last night - dave was trying to talk to you, you just sat there being quiet not responding to dave when he was offering to fix it. Its not a joke, that a lil over the line. dave will not chase after you mccain. I didn't want to make it a big deal in person cuz i dont want to see the two of you going at it plus cam's parents are asleep =/ i should have pm you instead
jason you're dumb

thanks for being an unwanted and unneeded mediary

just fyi, you are making a much much much bigger deal out of this then it was and are turning it into something stupid

It's ok mccain, almost everyone in irvine knows you dont want kira to quit <3
jason you don't know what i want, obviously no one wants him to quit, but there are many pluses to him quitting (at least for me)

GSUB

Smash Lord
Shout-Outs:

Stab: Good ish, we sooo got this for GREV X, lol. The guy replied, and I just broke the news as to what the venue is to be used for, let's see how he reacts =/ lol

MacD: Okay, I'll get better... lol OH YEAH! HEY YOU SHOULD TRY FC FAIR -> FC NAIR -> JAB -> GRAB!!! Jkjk, you'll be technical one day.

Hyprid: We didn't get to play :/

Sherigami: Good stuff taking out Bizz! I knew we had it in the bag from there!

Ekoli: You took off 5-Stock! Nice! that makes up for the 1 stock I needed to take off Bizzaro Flame!

Deadshot: Play more. Be technical. Profit.

GHAD: Don't choke. 1 stock is better than none.

Marque: Use Samus.

Glow: ******, you sholda came.

Bizzaro Flame: Our tournament match was intense! I need to learn to be more patient! Same with in the crew battle.

GBM: Our friendlies were REALLY fun! I wanted to play you more!

Mr. Phypsych: You are one cool dude! :]

Koopa: We only played in the crew battle =/ wish I coulda played you more. sorry for pausing at the end, I was just excited!

Dota: Wish I coulda played your Samus!

Practice Man: Also wish I coulda played you!

Connor: My Peach vs your Fox was really fun, I would like to play you more! I wanna get better!

Mango: DOUCHE!

Little England: you too mang.

Boba: Our Peach vs Jiggs match took SO long! It was fun though! Turnip more!

Andy: I felt bad playing you in tournament, going for some pretty mean combos =( Just work on your tech skill! Then play more! =)

Netbook: LOL livestreamed the venue, good $#!+ netbook.

JackOfBlades: You're too nice to smoke, lol. ****, you was hella sweaty when you came back. Good games! Think we only played once then got kicked off.

JDM: You're always sitting by a computer; play, lol.

JKUN: Uhhhhh, sup.

anyone else...?

Top Bottom