• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly V - January 2nd! Make sure to bring setups!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Okay McCain and i cleared it up, you guys can stop talking about it now.

Also McCain, Jason thought it was a big deal because you didn't say anything about it at all. There was absolutely no way for anyone to know if you were being serious or not, so you can't hold that against him. It was not clear that it was a joke, I'm still not sure why you decided not to respond to anything I said but I'm over it now, I just wanted to say that Jason technically wasn't out of line or anything, he was just trying to help out.

religion is an interesting topic to me, i think because i know so little

what guidelines in the bible require a belief in God? count your blessings, love thy neighbor, etc do not, so what does? and if an athiest followed those that dont directly require a belief in God, could he call himself a christian? would he still go to hell if he acted more in line with the biblical values than a sinning believer?

btw i dont think daves gone for good. im pretty sure he loves the game too **** much, as so many of us do
If you don't truly believe in God, there isn't really that strong motivation to follow those guidelines. Love thy neighbor is pretty hard; would you love someone who, say, blamed you for something you didn't do? Or ripped you off in a deal? Or any of the millions of things they could do to harm you? What's keeping an atheist (for example) from ditching the rules and getting back at them in some way? I really don't think that someone who didn't believe in God would follow those guidelines at all. Usually, even if they are nice people, they have pride about their nice-ness, or they are condescending to others who aren't as nice as themselves. In some way they have a big flaw that undermines their good intentions. The people who DO believe will do their very best to adhere to the rules because they think that they will reap tons of benefits later in Heaven (like for the rest of time), so most likely they are going to be trying a lot harder than anyone else because they think it's more than worth it.

Hypothetically speaking, however, if an atheist COULD do that, it still wouldn't anything if they didn't believe in God. So despite their efforts, they're not going to be saved.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Those are some pretty big what-ifs Dave.

Do I have to believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God?
Or just believe there is A god, and it could be him?
How would I know that's the right religion out of all of them? Each one says if I don't choose it, I'm going to hell.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Before you quit, at least explain how you keep your hair in such good condition. =D
To be truthful, it's not that great. All the girls around our age wouldn't look twice at it and neither would I to be honest. It's just like that cause I get lazy and it takes forever for me to cut it. Sometimes when I just get my hair cut by a real stylist it looks better but when it grows out and gets big like it is now then my hair sux.

He cuts his own hair.
I have a few times now but I'm getting my hair cut by theBOSS tomorrow! what a trip!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Those are some pretty big what-ifs Dave.

Do I have to believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God?
yes

Or just believe there is A god, and it could be him?
no

How would I know that's the right religion out of all of them? Each one says if I don't choose it, I'm going to hell.
Honestly, I don't know how I would determine that if I were you. I could direct you to someone who could answer that in more detail if you want. I doubt that it'll be the answer you're looking for though, it won't be super clear cut, and logical with definitive proof, because again, if it was, then there would be no debates about which religion was right or if it was even right in the first place, but then again I don't know much about other religions so that's hard for me to answer.

Some people have said that it's possible that most of the big religions are actually talking about the same God, they just use different words or different perspectives. But again, I don't know much about that.

The Boss is cutting your hair? It's all making sense now...
He's going through hair styling training school so he can later own his own company (either school or salon I'm not really sure). So we'll see how he does tomorrow, if it's bad then he's out! Or at least we'll wait until he gets more training lol

GSUB

Smash Lord
Oh well, I know that whatever God exists, can look down on me, and understand the situation I'm in, and how it would be he hard, even almost ignorant, to choose one religion over that of another, or if I should believe in Jesus, or Allah, or the teachings of Buddha; God would know I tried to lead a good life, and anything evil I've done was a mistake of greed, and that I know of a greater existence other than us. I think that would be enough for him.

Keep doing good Dave, and you'll be set :)

JDM

Smash Champion
I just lost the game.

Click their name, click user list, click add to ignore list.

Top Bottom