• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly V - January 2nd! Make sure to bring setups!

joeplicate

Smash Master
The best part of the tourney was when someone said "Watch out macd ganon's got a big ****!" ROFL.
lmfao that was me
and it's true, too

shoutouts:
oscar- ****
fly- 0_o i'm working on it. good stuff in doubles
me- good **** me
949- < 805 ;)
stab- giving me correct directions the first time i asked. good stuff marktt, these tournies are looking up
hugs- you did miss a good tournament

i love not going on smashboards as much, i've stopped worrying about everything, and i mainly just care about staying happy at tournaments. it's working out great so far

<3 everybody
see you at POUND BABY

Lovage

Smash Hero
the stadium/fod switch didn't make much of a difference in the sets but it's still a really ******** rule and "im the TO ill do what i like best" doesn't justify using it.

stadium (mountain and tree formations) is much worse than fod

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
sorry but i have to agree stab

even though i hate fod with all my heart

and i think its the dumbest stage for falcon

i'd rather have poke banned just because of the transformations... even though i actually do well with the transformations a lot of the time, its just gay. I camp for like 1 whole minute, wait till someone gets to me and combo them until they leave the pocket of space im in.

if i'm playing a technical fox..... i have no room to run and i die in those small spaces because i get shined like 100 times next to that stupid mountain until I fall off and die

oh ya not to mention if u try to gentleman someone to the left of the mountain, falcon just falls off and nairs to his death

Kira-

Smash Champion
i hate the boback mountain part of stadium. i always die when that part comes up

the tree on the other hand. i like that one. one big platform for sheik to control space on

this was a really good tournament (gj stab) but unfortunately i didn't have fun and I actually got bored (for a lot of different reasons) but I really think I'm done with smash now, got it all out of my system and i'll be trying different things from now on. sorry to all those who wanted advice from me, but my question to you is, why do you keep asking me? there are plenty of people you could learn from lol. also if you're not good and you dont get better and stuff just play like m2k... that guy has no talent but he ***** cause of perfect execution (well like 80% perfect execution, 20% experience) so train up and watch his videos. how do you think i got good? lol. aside from quitting drugs and alcohol and all that bad stuff haha

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
i hate the boback mountain part of stadium. i always die when that part comes up

the tree on the other hand. i like that one. one big platform for sheik to control space on

this was a really good tournament (gj stab) but unfortunately i didn't have fun and I actually got bored (for a lot of different reasons) but I really think I'm done with smash now, got it all out of my system and i'll be trying different things from now on. sorry to all those who wanted advice from me, but my question to you is, why do you keep asking me? there are plenty of people you could learn from lol. also if you're not good and you dont get better and stuff just play like m2k... that guy has no talent but he ***** cause of perfect execution (well like 80% perfect execution, 20% experience) so train up and watch his videos. how do you think i got good? lol. aside from quitting drugs and alcohol and all that bad stuff haha
ur retiring? : O
That sux :(

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Kira- said:
!!!

I asked you for advice because you know Sheik really well, and she is my main. I think with time I will get better, I'm just not in a very good situation to be going out and playing alot of people as much as I would like. Thanks for what you shared though, I appreciate it alot! I wish you happiness in all your non-smash adventures :]

GSUB

Smash Lord
Why so modest Kira?
haha.

Then why don't you pick up a character that takes talent, and isn't based on "perfect execution" and stuff like that. Should be more enjoyable and more of a challenge and more rewarding for you.

If not, it was good knowing you :)

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
pkmn: Spiritomb
Ability: WonderGuard

Destiny Bond
Toxic
Protect
Wil-o-Wisp

You've been got at ;]

DJMirror

Smash Master

ya saying goodbye to the smash community but the funny part is...you'll kick it with me jdm maple cam zhu macd and connor! ****

MacD

Banned via Administration
i suck and hate this game/play a gay character johns blah blah blah
so since kira is quitting,
finally, took 2 months of saying so
irvine with be holding applications for someone to take his spot

must have a car, and preferibly someone we like and who will be like the old kira who was cool, and not this new religious kira with gf johns
though we love his gf

benefits are:

playing melee with me, zhu, maple, cameron, connor, random visitors... and jkun i guess
you can practice combos on him or something :/

hanging out with us and getting real life friends
though i'm sure some of you know what those are already

and of course the best one of all, getting to chill at the bestest place ever, cameron's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are more of course, but surprises are better

turn applications in to me or post on the boards

contact me with any questions

ps must be down to party

WARNING hanging with irvine has been know to make people more homo

MacD

When did this happen?
around the same time as pat's house, a little before, during, and after, his time line is kinda weird and doesn't fit perfectly with how you would think it should be... there's a better way to say that last line... but whatev

Welp, I have no car, so, I guess I'm out of the question.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find other ways to get better.
you can still get better with us :) just not be our new best friend, sorry :(

MacD

this tourney was good, glad to see all of you who don't normally go to tournies, i swear if we did 2 tournies a month, 1 should be in irvine and 1 should be LA area because those are like 2 different midpoints of so cal

those of you who traveled- good stuff

merced- good stuff and keep it up, maybe somehow cen cal smash will grow

mango- who know you'd even show up, nice to see you, you're still a drunk

Lovage- our set was a definite wake up call, can wait to see the vids cause i have a feeling they are going to be like me vs connor round 1 but worse

Connor- sorry about maple story all weekend, since you're quitting for a while, who are people going to call the best peach in cali... cause i know it won't be me

Fly Amanita- you almost almost had connor, soooo close, i love connor but i was rooting for you just because it's a gay match up and you were sooooo close (<3 connor) we could play some next time and i'll teach you how to get around the dads, also notice the lack of spelling errors here, i'm using firefox on the school computer

replicate- should have played... my biggest regret of the tourney is not playing half the people there

Lucky- noob going marth and suiciding recklessly... just wow

Emperor Kuzco- glad you're gone

Sherigami- i swear i forgot you were here half the tourney, my bad

Bizz- good set, i realized i need to learn when to back off of ganon... or else i just get punched in the face, keep up the good work in merced

Johnny- we should have played some, you're helping me before pound

Stabbedbyanipple- good stuff overall, though we didn't play any

JDM- glad you made it, sorry you got stranded, the ride situation wasn't very clearly defined before hand, just remind me or cam or someone at the tourney you need a ride home next time

Festizzio- good to see you and see you playing for once instead of behind that counter

dunk- i love dunk combos, they are too good

Gsub- get better... <3 you got this and stop giving me advice on how to be technical, it's not that i don't know how, i just can't

Jason- glad you had fun

Practice Man- really good to see you after what feels like ages, we didn't play any singles though, hopefully see you soon, and way to be spiffy +1

Boba- i didn't even recognize you at first, glad you made it, btw i heard stab tell you to play fly so it's not completely his fault... though he did make a small mistake

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol @ mccain's post. im not leaving you guys, just less smash thats all

Why so modest Kira?
haha.

Then why don't you pick up a character that takes talent, and isn't based on "perfect execution" and stuff like that. Should be more enjoyable and more of a challenge and more rewarding for you.

If not, it was good knowing you :)
Ahah well I've tried picking up TONS of other characters over the years but no matter what my Sheik always does way better and is the most consistent in all matchups - which is one of the reasons why I believe sticking with your original character is the best idea. Most of Irvine knows I play Falco in 70% of my friendlies with them but it still doesn't surpass my Sheik most of the time (or even my Falcon/Fox/Marth sometimes which is embarrassing cuz they're pretty trash). This is because whenever you get better with another character, your main improves as well by default because you learn more about the game through your secondary.

Also say you've played in 10 tournaments, average 4 matches per tournament. That's 40 tournament sets you have with your main. In order for you to be better with another character, you'll have to play AT LEAST 40 tournament sets with that character in order for it to have a chance to be as good as your main. That's a lot of time relapse that you'll have to sacrifice simply to change mains, so unless your main is Roy you'll probably want to stick with whoever you have.

Remember that there are players who make their characters work at all skill levels, from Axe to HugS to Ka-Master to Bum, there is no such thing as an impossible matchup, only a player who is better than you. There are millions of examples of times when we thought a certain matchup or a certain character was worthless and had no chance competitively only to be proved wrong by some player who was good enough to elevate his character. I hate hearing how "Falcon gets ***** by Fox" when we have literally dozens of videos of SS ****** every space animal alive. There are maybe 5 Fox players in the country that have a chance of beating Jeff and 982634 that have absolutely no chance. We're all playing the same game, just watch what he does and it'll work for you too.

Also you need "perfect execution" with everyone, I was just saying that M2K does well because of his execution, not his character(s).

dave what if we ask u advice about dressing fashionably?
Well you already do that so you're set! I only look good in like 2 different styles, so not much variety there lol

Dave, I will play you one of these days.
Haha how do you expect to beat me when you haven't been playing at all! My chess mindgames got better, plus I have plenty of MacD training so I'm set! Although I have to admit, you and MacD are pretty much opposites in playing style. You're probably more like Bladewise than anything (I never played Vidjo).

When did this happen?
In November, like sometime after McCain's birthday weekend. I understand there are a lot of haters but I believe that people have a lot of misconceptions about religion and after trying it out myself I really have to say that it works. Although a little weird/awkward at first. But in all honesty I've only been happier since the change so I'm pretty set on it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
kira 2 posts ago u were at 1337

by the way im curious as to whether its Mormonism Catholicism Buddhism Islam Judaism.... or other?
I just know it's Christianity and that it's not any of the ones you mentioned. The church I go to doesn't have a specific categorization as far as I know, but I think the closest one would be Evangelical? There's like a mission statement from the church that I could link you to if you were interested, if you have any other questions feel free to ask I don't mind explaining stuff.

Dodger

Smash Ace
so unless your main is Roy...
Or Kirby :-).

But seriously, what you said about tourney experience is true. Even after all the time I've been out of the smash tourney scene, Kirby is still my best character.

Grila

Smash Journeyman
JDM- it, sorry you got stranded, the ride situation wasn't very clearly defined before hand, just remind me or cam or someone at the tourney you need a ride home next time
its ok we got ur back

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
if it makes you happier than cool. i didn't mean it like that dave. sorry for the being misleading.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I've seen some pretty freaky stuff with Evangelicals =/

I'm all for a religion, just careful what you pick.
Err well that may not be the best description, categories really aren't important at all. I just know what's good and I try to do that and the categories can go screw themselves. All the "evangelical' churches i've known seem to be like laid back and casual or whatever, not anything intense so it seems normal to me but the actual definition could be different so don't assume anything by that.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Or Kirby :-).

But seriously, what you said about tourney experience is true. Even after all the time I've been out of the smash tourney scene, Kirby is still my best character.
you're a pretty awesome person now, ya know that? let's play at the next grev if you're there : )

Evangelical branches can be a lot of different things, but outreach is one of the most important things that makes it different from a church of a different denomination; they try to convert people by doing anything from just offering a place to go, giving out religious materials, hosting outreach events, and other things like that. Some are chill, but some are verrrrrry heavy on the religion and outreach (I had some friends who went a little farther than they should have doing this)...

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I have nothing to do atm, so I'll just throw some shoutouts even though I didn't enter :p For those of you who may have never met me I was the black guy in the gray and black playing red Falco and some Falcon

Fly- Thanks for the ride. Good job beating Lucky!

Lucky- It was hard as *** to root against you! You'll get 'em next time

Sheridan- wack a.ss sheik <33...OH! and we **** in teams now.

MacD- Your funny. Your Peach is silly. I'm going to study it.

Connor- Our friendlies were sooooo fun!! Reverse bair is ****. Thanks for the practice!

Kira- I wish we could've played more. Don't quit. :(

Oscar- Meanie. <3

Bizzaro- **** *** Ganon. Good ****. I like your moonwalks =D

GSUB- Nice to see you mang.

Grila- Get better. =P You got this.

Grila's brother- ****.

Pracitce man- Nice to meetcha! Friendlies next time fosho!

Anyone I missed- <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
(I had some friends who went a little farther than they should have doing this)...
YOU think they went too far. Even, now, I'm sure THEY think they didn't even go far enough

If you put yourself in their shoes, they truly believe that if they don't reach you, you are going to hell... if you truly believed that concerning your friends, wouldn't you be ridiculously overbearing about it too? Or maybe you're not as good a friend as they were...

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Lovage, I have no idea what you did but you randomly got the mic working on some of the matches.

Considering it goes back to normal later, I assume it's the port you plugged the audio into but I've tried that before and it doesn't work.

Now I just need to figure out how you did it. >_<

Top Bottom