• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev presents ~ Stab's 949 area Melee tourney IV - Results/Bracket on first post!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so yeah.....over half the people came were ranked people. This was a disappointing tournament. Stab hosted fine though.

Johnny beat HugS and McCain is guaranteed 3rd place.

I also really hate noobs who don't call next and expect to get in on a rotation. ****ing *****ass ******s insert profanity here

DJMirror

Smash Master
lol 805 not leaving til 11:48?

implies another crappy tournament that won't start until 2 pm
currently when i left around 630ish it's winner finals lucky vs macd

i'm sure we'll be done around 7ish

Adam M!

Smash Lord
nice to hear you did a good job of hosting stab

so yeah.....over half the people came were ranked people.
but it's always one or the other (or both) when it comes to the melee community. usually you're playing the same people you play at every tournament. glad i didn't come

also i'm glad my rival is stepping it up

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
This is HugS. Has anyone found or taken home any keys?

I lost mine, and I think someone took them by accident. Call me asap if you have them or have seen them. They have a big "H" medal on them, a little lego figure, and one of those old classic keys on them.

My # is 818 425 8746

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts for last night/tournament

Joe - Nice to see you again, three bags of fast foods make you a pimp fo sho
Lovage - thanks for the directions to TGL's house and sorry for taking so long to get to you, nice haircut btw.
Embracethe12 - SO SORRY FOR ALMOST RUNNING YOU OVER! =( and it's funny seeing you and romeo buzzed.
TGL - **** you need to calm down with the drinks yo! other then that, thanks for letting me over and nice to see you again.
Ross aka Herbz - sick *** falcon, and nice to meet you as well.

HugS - sorry for laughing over the phone to stab when you lost your keys at the tournament, but other then that. That Six dollars burger was sick as ****. still need to mm your sick *** ganon fuker

Romeo - hahaha You are funny as **** when you're drunk.

Dunskies - ****. that it.

Other

Lucky - **** dude, get ****ed up for not going to 805

Mango - Losing to HugS while ya drunk? stupid as **** tho. you own me 6 bucks, and i guess i'll take your offer about teaming at connor's tournament. watching you going all in poker is too good.

Jkun - stupid *** ***** didn't wasted or anything

STAB'S TOURNAMENT

MacD - playing you is **** annoying but i love you tho
Okami - omg you got so good
Sig - you need to learn more about marth you got this
Doppel - nice teaming with you
FLY - i wanted to play some friendlies with you =( and that blueberry bagel is sooooo good.
Sherigami - *** (still love you tho)
Connor - good **** for running this tournament
Spark - nice to see you at tournaments
Hybrid - Hybrid combo is amazing
Stab - good job running the tournament better.
Stab's Mom - my god, those fruits with condense milk is soooo good! and the tuna chicken beef salad is so amazing. you should cook for other local 949 tournaments and make your son bring them to the tournaments.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
1: HugS + Lucky ($42.00)
2: Lovage + sMoke2jointz ($21.00)
3: Fly + Joe ($7.00)
4: conn0r + psychomidget
5: Dopple + Jason
5: Sherigami + MacDizzle
7: Signia + Okami
7: Tavo + Stab

1: Lucky ($48.00)
2: MacD ($24.00) (lost to lucky x2)
3: Fly ($8.00) (lost to lovage + macD)
4: HugS (lost to s2j + fly)
5: Johnny (lost to macD + fly)
5: lovage (lost to lucky + hugS)
7: replicate (lost to lucky + fly)
7: Connor (macD + hugS)
9: Dopple
9: Okami
9: Tavo
9: Psycho
13: stab
13: jason
13: hyprid
13: Spark
17: Signia

ggs everyone
shoutouts to s2j for being the real deal

-lovage

EDIT: hugs lost to fly not macd

Adam M!

Smash Lord
get *****:

cononor and psychomidget
sherigami and macdizzle
hugo
connor
stab

good ****:

fly
fly and joe
s2j and lovage

it's sad however that hugo is never gonna be really good again

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Connor: Thanks for helping me out today. =)
Johnny: GGs, thanks for the tips and you really wanted that venue fee lol
Rob: It was great seeing you again. Your AZ training shows a lot and I hope to see you again in the winter. All those tricksies were interesting too lol
Jason - I'm glad you were able to stay for singles
Cameron - there is never a time when you're not the funniest guy in 949 =)
Jenny - Nice seeing you again
Sheridan - We didn't get that roy ditto MM but at least we got some roy dittos haha. Was the origami cold from the freezer? XD
Joey - Good job winning both events lol, that text you were sending before playing MacD was hilarious
Fly - Nice job in bracket. I really wanted to see the BR lol
Tavo - It was fun meeting and teaming with such an old school guy =D
Dopple - There were so many better places you could have slept haha
Joe - It was nice seeing you. I feel like you get taller every time I see you. And I'm seriously trying to think more during matches (y)
McCain - Nice job on second, last time you got third, this time you got second, maybe it's a trend?
Spark - It was nice meeting you and thanks a lot for all the help =)
Kevin - I'm glad you came. you should post more, I had no idea you were coming lol
Oscar - Thanks for the tips against fox. I need to learn the rules better. >_<
Hugo - I'm truly sorry for all the crap you had to go through. You losing that set to fly was probably my fault for being dumb with the rules and not banning wobbling. If nothing else, I'll contact asap if we find your keys.
Ryan - Thanks for the help and you were early compared to most of the people lol
Grev - Why do I even say "Grev presents" if I'm the only one there
Hi sheridan
. Cameron was the only one who really had a legitimate excuse =/

Anyone I missed - If I missed anyone than I'm REALLY sorry because I thought I got everyone who went to this @_@

Thanks for coming everyone! I'll get the videos up as soon as I can!

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
Grev - Why do I even say "Grev presents" if I'm the only one there
Hi sheridan
. Cameron was the only one who really had a legitimate excuse =/

I was wondering the same thing. Me and Marque are at our cousins house becuz of thanksgiving out here in N.Y. and we get bak 2moro. Geoff, Mike, and Glow dnt rly give a **** about melee like that newayz(they have other priorities. And apparently neither geoff or eric were notified ahead of time so they already had plans :p

Kira-

Smash Champion
actually erick is pretty good, he's technical in a lot of the right ways (not just flashy). and he doesn't attack predictably- he was good at mixing up when he would attack. so i'd go after his dashdance and he'd hit me, then i'd wait a bit and try to bait him but he wouldn't fall for it. pretty pro. even good people fall for that stuff lol

Adam M!

Smash Lord
***** you would've gotten ***** too. there were like 2 bad teams. everyone else was really good.
lol why you taking it personally, just cause we're cool doesn't mean i'm not gonna give you **** like i would anyone else

it's all in fun tho

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
shoutouts

McCain- Why are you so good? Maybe I'll try Luigi/Sheik next time. Also, I'm glad I had the chance to talk to you and play stupid friendlies with you.

Joey- wtf at your Falcon actually being good!

Hugo- Did you ever find your keys?

Oscar- Too good, as always.

Johnny- You'll figure out the ICs match-up eventually.

Joe- I think playing Norcal ICs might have made you a bit worse at the match-up. I'm sure you'll get it back soon enough.

Connor- I see that you're in a similar boat as me when it comes to playing McCain!

Stab- I don't remember anything glaringly bad happening during this tourney, so good ****?

D

Deleted member

Beating Hugs is not a real victory because the place is cursed for Hugs

if i beat him elsewhere then maybe it might be a legit win

---

even if this tournament (like almost all socal tournaments sadly) had 1/2 ranked players i enjoyed myself. great food as usual

except i lost my 10 dollars (maybe i thought it was a 1 and gave it away in one of the many money matches i lost) and at the toll place I almost got ****ed in the a$$

---

everybody is too good or is getting better a lot so that it's really hard for me to catch up

but as of now my only goal is to be the best teams partner in at least socal. im getting closer i think

--

nothing else to say, except that sherigami is going to become up there in a matter of months, fly is amazing, macd is still freakin hard to understand, and wahoos is terrible

DJMirror

Smash Master
actually erick is pretty good, he's technical in a lot of the right ways (not just flashy). and he doesn't attack predictably- he was good at mixing up when he would attack. so i'd go after his dashdance and he'd hit me, then i'd wait a bit and try to bait him but he wouldn't fall for it. pretty pro. even good people fall for that stuff lol
sadly that doesn't work on me

I'm 3-0 against him in tournament

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
thnx
sadly that doesn't work on me

I'm 3-0 against him in tournament
lol, thats true but, at that point in time I was also was stupid enough to get jv 5'd.
That gave me incentive to get better, and you're 1-0 in tournament cuz i only played u in tourney once broski. But you did *** me up in a money match at connor's if thats wat you meant :p. But im lookn forward to playing u soon, ( btw I saw the mm at pat's house on youtube- so much hype lol)good ****.

Kira-

Smash Champion
even if this tournament (like almost all socal tournaments sadly) had 1/2 ranked players i enjoyed myself.
things like this make me want to host tournaments for people

everybody is too good or is getting better a lot so that it's really hard for me to catch up
this too. ranked players keep getting better because they play all the time and get the most experience (and the game seems to be allowing growth even today... ridiculous). smash has such a huge learning curve compared to just a couple years ago, it takes a lot more to be "good" than before.

nothing else to say, except that sherigami is going to become up there in a matter of months, fly is amazing, macd is still freakin hard to understand, and wahoos is terrible
i agree with everything.

fly is hella good
**** yeah he is, i cant wait to see the videos.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Have fun watching McCain **** the **** out of my main and secondaries, lol.

I think I had a couple less humiliating sets recorded, though, so it's all good.

GSUB

Smash Lord
The player turn-out flopped just by being so close to Thanksgiving.

Glad to hear this went well Stab (presented by grev because you're in grev lol)

Like your placing Okami.

And Erick is pretty good, he don't fall for stupid ****.

HugS™

Smash Lord
get *****:

cononor and psychomidget
sherigami and macdizzle
hugo
connor
stab

good ****:

fly
fly and joe
s2j and lovage

it's sad however that hugo is never gonna be really good again
LoL idiot, you came to that conclusion off of what? Two tournaments?

GG's to fly and S2j.

Stab, you did a good job of hosting this tournament.

My brother made it to the tournament to bring me my spares, I paid him 20 for his troubles, and my keys ended up being in the back seat underneath the clothes i had there.
Thanks to everyone who helped look for the keys.

I forgot to charge Lucky for gas, **** me.

Beating Hugs is not a real victory because the place is cursed for Hugs

if i beat him elsewhere then maybe it might be a legit win
Nah don't say it like that dude, you won legit.

Though I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't ok with fa**ot a** Oscar coaching you throughout.
Then he tried to act like it made no difference (Mango @ Genesis). You played better and stopped approaching. You'd dash dance away to bait a missed ftilt and punished immediately after. And i got continually frustrated everytime.

If someone told me "he's not approaching, missile more to get in" it'd make a difference of night and day in my playing.

I'm glad I got Lovage in losers, and ****ed him up clean on tape.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:
MATT-Omg...thank you so much for holding this tournament on this date. I couldn't be more thankful. In the small window I was here in SoCal, if there wasn't a tournament, it would've been much less awesome. Also, really good tournament hosting, for sure. Even at the end during friendlies, you quit out of your matches to deal with the pot and to handle Hugs' key situation. Good stuff. Also, I love the fruit salad. Tell your mom I said it was amazing.
LUCKY-Congrats on getting first place. You're really good. Definitely.
MACD-You've gotten quite good fast in the time I've been gone. Congrats on your placing.
FLY-Sorry to have gone Rainbow Cruise. :/ And shoot, I would've gone Brinstar too if you hadn't banned it, or maybe Battlefield, but I kinda lost on that once, so eh. IC's are hard to play against cause it's like one or two grabs and you're dead.
HUGS-Sorry you lost your keys...
S2J-Good to see you again! You've gotten good fast!
CONNOR-Hey, you need some weed?! In winter, we'll do some friendlies, hopefully. Nice to see ya again!
JKUN-Ahh, fun matches. You got better, I can tell. See you for sure in winter!
SPARK-Your falcon's pretty good, ***** my falco so hard...nice to meet you.
RY-Good seeing you...Riptide is refreshing as heck. I love Galaxy and Kings Rolls sooooo much. Even if we lost, nice teaming with you. If we team again during summer or something, we should practice for about a week beforehand with strategies and stuff. I think that'd help our doubles' game much more. Also, you got much much better. It's cool to see cause you don't even have a cube. X_X See you in 3 weeks. Zenko perhaps?

And to everyone:
Nice seeing you all, for sure. SoCal + AZ = best smash communities ever. See you all in a few weeks hopefully! Ta ta!

~BW

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Okami, you don't need to apologize about counterpicking RC. Every legal stage is perfectly legitimate and you shouldn't feel bad about doing anything within the rules of the tourney.

D

Deleted member

I might counterpick Rainbow Cruise every single matchup now because that stage is too fun

HugS™

Smash Lord
I might counterpick Rainbow Cruise every single matchup now because that stage is too fun
LoL noob.

Congratulations on just getting your new favorite stage banned everytime.

Better find a new one now.

Lovage

Smash Hero
my falcon beat 3 ranked people in MMs. . . lol **** :D

told you it wasnt that bad mango lol

fly,macd,joe get fuuucked up ! *they all were close matches so im kiddin lol <3*

-lucky

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
C'mon Hugo, step your game up BRAH!

God, Socal Smash = one big circle jerk. I hate it.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah hugo's right, that is pretty gay

the way to settle it is to put it in the rules. TOs need to start mentioning if it's okay to coach -- i don't think it should be. do they let tennis or golf players bring their coaches in a match or during 18 holes? i highly doubt it (and i chose those two sports cuz they're individual sports for all you dum little kids out there)

LoL noob.

Congratulations on just getting your new favorite stage banned everytime.

Better find a new one now.
LOOOOL for reals, johnny you coulda beat me in tourny cuz i would ban FD or somethign rather than rainbow

but now i ban rainbow every time noob

my falcon beat 3 ranked people in MMs. . . lol **** :D

told you it wasnt that bad mango lol

fly,macd,joe get fuuucked up ! *they all were close matches so im kiddin lol <3*

-lucky
ill mm your falcon for $5 with my marth, sheik and fox

LOL @ kouryuu, forgot to post his post and give it some love

Top Bottom