• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev presents ~ Stab's 949 area Melee tourney, Today! May 2nd! Get hype!

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea do it oscar

hey, you can commentate on mine and sherigami's match, we're gonna mm or something, actually idk what we decided on but putting a dollar or two on it will make the set legite

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I am???

I thought some people were bringing wiis with s64 anyway, LOL

either way, we can just have something in the works and see who's interested once we're there and the main events are done.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if smash 64 is played with gamecube controllers, I'm up for it. If it's on the 64, I'm not. 64 controllers are trash.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I was like 3. I loved N64, don't get me wrong (Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario anyone?). but after years of competitive melee, I've been spoiled by the luxury of using gc controllers. they ****.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I was like 3. I loved N64, don't get me wrong (Yoshi's Story and Paper Mario anyone?). but after years of competitive melee, I've been spoiled by the luxury of using gc controllers. they ****.
We've talked about this many, many times, but I can't stress enough how spectacular Paper Mario is. One of the few games that passes the test of time with flying colors.

I have never played a LoZ game before...should I start?
You're gonna get stuck and not want to play anymore, so I'm gonna recommend one of the easier ones, like Wind Waker (GC) or Minish Cap (GBA). Twilight Princess is okay but it starts of kinda slow and the bosses are not that fun.

Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask are the best. Oracle of Ages/Seasons also is good but I've barely touched them, it's just what I've heard.

I've never played Majora's Mask. I think I'll treat myself to it via Virtual Console after this week is over. Playing it in its original form would be ideal though.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I was actually gonna get Wind Waker years back but never got it. I think I'm gonna try playing all the LoZ games that sound good.

Paper Mario is by far the best game I've played on the N64.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
kira you can borrow my 64 and MM if you can finish it in 2 or 3 weeks

oot is the best

and starfox64 was amazing

edit: you'd need your own controller though, unless you dont use the shield
like me
all my controllers are ****ed

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
star fox 64=awesome

OoT is hyped, but definitely still very good. I'd recommend A link to the past most though, I had a LOT of fun going through that.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Would you want me to bring games as well?

I could bring:
-Star Fox 64 (With all my arsenal of references)
-SSB 64
-Pokemon Stadium
-Gauntlet Legends
-1080 Snowboarding
-Super Mario 64
-Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer
-Probably some others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

And yeah, I've got 4 N64 controllers if you guys would like me to bring them.

Oh yeah! And OoT, MM, and WW are all great games, but I recommend having a guide to save you from frustration.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
OoT/ALTTP are my favorite and probably the best Zelda games. MM ***** too.

Top Bottom