• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Groosin for a Brusin: The Groose Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thanks Iblis. XD

And yes, Groose's Theme makes everything better. I say the music should be in no matter what for a Skyward stage. Would be glorious.

Perhaps a Grooseland stage?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're both pretty, now move on ladies.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Well, obviously. Groose's Theme is a must.

I feel like if "Grooseland" is included as a stage, it won't be called that. It'll probably be called the Sealed Grounds, unless we have Groose/The Groosenator as a hazard.

DiamondFox

Banned via Warnings
Groose is more popular than Ghirahim. Never undestimate the power of internet memes.

As far as moveset potential, yes, Ghirahim has more of it. . .

But Little Mac is practically considered a lock, and he has no moveset potential to speak of. He has so little, he makes Groose look easy to make a set for by comparison.

Who really cares if Ghirahim has more? All the Smash Bros cast do is punch and kick anyway outside the Specials, and Groose has plenty enough for a mere four unique moves.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
So. Let's stir up some discussion then. If Groose is to get in as an assist trophy instead of a playable character, what would you want to see him do?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would like it if Groose strolled around the stage cockily, bullying characters by demanding they give him money (which, if he hits them, they are forced to do in Coin Battles). Of course, if a character hits his legs, he'll trip momentarily before standing up and towering over them. If the character taunts, Groose will look over his shoulder, assuming they are pointing him to something behind him; this gives the character an opportunity to attack Groose again to knock him out. However, if the character does nothing, Groose will proceed to beat the living daylights out of them.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Oh dat crazy Biff.

Personally, I think a Groose hazard could be very suited to a "Grooseland"/Sacred Grounds stage, especially if he brings the Groosenator with him. A playable appearance would still be preferred, of course.

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
have him and his cronies coming in on loftwings and throwing eggs at the foes would be ideal...which could also be made unique if they attacked everyone. the eggs could also be a neutral special for a groose moveset.

the groosenator is a viable option of course...but i feel like the eggs represent him more.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
His eggs should be edible like Diddy's peanuts. Also, if a character eats four dozen eggs, it will help them get large, as if they grabbed a Super Mushroom.

:phone:

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Oh dat crazy Biff.

Personally, I think a Groose hazard could be very suited to a "Grooseland"/Sacred Grounds stage, especially if he brings the Groosenator with him. A playable appearance would still be preferred, of course.
best idea I've heard all day

You start in the doorway to the temple then you make your way to the groosenator and groose starts moving that thing faster then big blue while throwing bombs at demise until he runs outta bombs and readys the nator for one final shot and if your not in the catapolt the you get left behind:smirk: but if you smart then youl end up on demises head and you've gotta hit the sealing stone to seal him back and reboot the lvl.:awesome:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I love the title of this thread. Just not the idea of the character as playable.

Groose doesn't have a place in the constant storyline of Hyrule legend. Ghirahim could possibly be used again because he is the spirit of the "EVIL Mastersword."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Groose? The spirit of the evil Master Sword? But isn't that Ghirahim?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I noticed he edited his post after I pointed out his mistake. LOL :-P

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yeah, I noticed he edited his post after I pointed out his mistake. LOL :-P

There was no mistake. I added a "because" to connect the two sentences just to further clarify. Imagine the "because" not there and you can see that you were the one clearly mistaken. The chances of someone else making that mistake was slim, like Groose's chances, but I decided to make it real easy just in case.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I'm sticking by my thinking: if we get a Zelda one-shot, it should be Groose. However, both Toon Zelda and Tingle are far more feasible to see in a Smash game.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Specials-Only (For now?)

GROOSE

Stats

Size: 8
Weight: 7
Aerial Control: 7
Jumps: 7
Aerial Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Fall Speed: 4
Ground Movement: 3

Specials

Side Special

Groose points forward as his two cronies run in from the background (they are constantly following Groose in the background, Pokemon Trainer-style), automatically moving towards the nearest foe at Mario/Bowser's dash speed, each of them going after a different foe if more than one is in the match. The down special can be pressed again for them to switch targets if more than one exists in the match. Once one of them reaches the foe, they attack with a blow that deals 7% and knocks the foe to the ground, effectively "bullying" them. Each has about 12% stamina, retreating into the background once their stamina is eliminated and being unable to be summoned for another 8 seconds after both of them are back in the background. Groose can have them be running around the battlefield to bully the foes, as well as attacking alongside them.

Neutral Special

Groose pulls out an egg and throws it, he is able to angle the direction ala Yoshi's Egg. It continues moving until it lands on the ground, it being thrown in somewhat of an arc. If this hits the foe, this deals 1% and minor stun as the yolk falls on them - but it's enough for him or his cronies to capitalize on. This also gives a footstool effect in midair. Groose can obviously use this to stun the foe for his cronies, though can also use this as an excellent edgeguard tool if onstage, or in midair.

Down Special

Groose gets somewhat ridiculous...pssh, you prefer Link, Zelda? Groose is far more of a man. For example, Link only pulls out one bomb, right? Well, Groose is such a man that he'll pull out three! Look at that, he's juggling them! Oh my, he's so much more handsome and stronger than Link, you should totally get with him, Zelda~

Groose will juggle three of these bombs in front of himself, each being somewhat smaller than Link's bombs. Groose can move around and jump while carrying these bombs, much like Link, the bombs can be tossed around like normal items and can also blow up after a certain time. Each bomb lasts slightly longer before exploding, however, 3 seconds longer, to be exact and each deal a more minimal amount of damage - 4% each. Groose can use this as a better damage-dealing projectile than the eggs, and given how closely you can fire them together, it acts as a generally good pressure tool.

Up Special

Groose's Loftwing appears underneath him as Groose stalls in midair for the briefest of moments. Awkward? Explain Wario's Bike.

The Loftwing is obviously sized-down A LOT to give Groose some leverage. He can fly around for 5 seconds like this, at a speed about equal to Ganon's walk speed. It's a pretty damn predictable recovery and a slow one, but Groose also has an option in that he can jump off at any time to cancel the recovery, similar to the Wario Bike. The Loftwing will disappear if this happens, or if Groose is struck during this time. Groose can use his neutral special while he recovers, to give him some form of defense to make up for the easily-gimped nature.

Groose can move through the air while his cronies bully the foes down below, allowing him to toss eggs down at them to hold them in place from a bruisin'.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I have mentioned this is the Ghirahim thread. Might as well make the point here.

Groose will probably not be a mainstay in the Zelda series and does not really have much potential to show up again. He is another kooky Hyrulian character.

Ghirahim is the "EVIL Master Sword." He can be reworked into future games. Maybe in a future game, Link can have the choice of finding the Master Sword or the Ghirahim sword. The choice keeps him as Link or changes him to Dark Link. Or Ghirahim can be a bonus sword. Could do the most damage but not allow Link to collect hearts. Many possibilities.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I have mentioned this is the Ghirahim thread. Might as well make the point here.

Groose will probably not be a mainstay in the Zelda series and does not really have much potential to show up again. He is another kooky Hyrulian character.

Ghirahim is the "EVIL Master Sword." He can be reworked into future games. Maybe in a future game, Link can have the choice of finding the Master Sword or the Ghirahim sword. The choice keeps him as Link or changes him to Dark Link. Or Ghirahim can be a bonus sword. Could do the most damage but not allow Link to collect hearts. Many possibilities.
Ghirahim has no chance of reappearing in the Zelda series. He was a plot device character, that's it. He has about the same chance of reappearing as Fi, Midna, or Navi, which is to say, none. Skyward Sword is a prequel. Ghirahim hasn't been in any other games. Neither has Fi. They're not bringing them back, no matter what Holder says.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ghirahim has no chance of reappearing in the Zelda series. He was a plot device character, that's it. He has about the same chance of reappearing as Fi, Midna, or Navi, which is to say, none. Skyward Sword is a prequel. Ghirahim hasn't been in any other games. Neither has Fi. They're not bringing them back, no matter what Holder says.
What about Groose. What makes you think he will appear again?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well technically, as the spirit of the Master Sword, Fi has appeared in all the Zelda games (at least a majority that featured the legendary sword).

The Legend of Zelda is heavy on featuring items and tools. Now that an "EVIL MASTERSWORD" has been established as a legendary weapon, Ghirahim as a sword can appear in another Zelda game. Wouldn't it be neat if Ganondorf (the spiritual predecessor to Demise) hunted down Ghirahim to combat Link?

Not saying it will happen, but I tend to think Ghirahim can play a substantial role in another Zelda game or at least be a secret sword.

Groose is another kooky Hyrulian character. He may appear as a doll or be referenced in another game by having a dog or cucco with a pompadour. Maybe his ancestors can appear as a nod to Groose. But I don't think he will ever be a major part of a story, himself.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The only way I can see Ghirahim appearing again is in a prequel to Skyward Sword, which seems kind of ridiculous considering that Skyward Sword is the prequel to pretty much every other game in the franchise.

Groose could definitely have some sort of ancestor appearing in another game, or even assume a Tingle-like role by just appearing as himself out of nowhere in another game. It's a long shot, but it could happen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think his inclusion would qualify for the ultimate joke character. lol

his Final Smash would obviously be the Groosenator. yeah, he would be a funny character... or at least he could appear as an Assist Trophy pulling out his deadly machine.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The only way I can see Ghirahim appearing again is in a prequel to Skyward Sword, which seems kind of ridiculous considering that Skyward Sword is the prequel to pretty much every other game in the franchise.

Groose could definitely have some sort of ancestor appearing in another game, or even assume a Tingle-like role by just appearing as himself out of nowhere in another game. It's a long shot, but it could happen.
Could doesn't mean will. The only time characters have appeared across series (except Tingle) were direct sequels.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Fi has appeared as the master sword in nearly every Zelda game. You really don't think that Ghirahim could appear as the long-lost "EVIL" mastersword in a future Zelda game?"

Haxeye

Smash Cadet
Groose is a great character but he has assist trophy written all over him same as Tingle. And frankly I really dont get this fan made criteria that a franchise character has to reoccur in order to appear in Smash, especially when Sakurai has given us his character criteria. Honestly so long as the character is interesting, has moveset potential and Sakurai has heard of the character then I highly doubt it matters how many games they've appeared in.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Groose is a great character but he has assist trophy written all over him same as Tingle. And frankly I really dont get this fan made criteria that a franchise character has to reoccur in order to appear in Smash, especially when Sakurai has given us his character criteria. Honestly so long as the character is interesting, has moveset potential and Sakurai has heard of the character then I highly doubt it matters how many games they've appeared in.
Agreed. Assist trophy complete with theme music and the Groosenator.

Smady

Smash Master
No named moves? Right-centring? Who are you, FA?

Funnily enough you have the same specials I had, except I didn't use the egg. I never understood why the egg was so important when you have a -bomb.- I was thinking the side special could replicate Link's tornado boomerang, but instead use the minions to smee any items or whatever back to Groose. Using side special for the minions to come out like that seems appropriate, though what I did for the neutral special was have the minions come out and pep talk Groose in that picture's formation, and initiate a Codec-like conversation. Generic buffs, wahoo. At least the rightfully mirrored the down special for bombs from Link's moveset. :bee:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not only was that moveset not fabulous, it didn't have Groose's Theme play as a defensive barrier.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Groose's Theme is the final smash. It just changes the music to it for the remainder of the match, which is enough to make Super Sonic seem underpowered.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
It would be amazing if Groose's Theme were to play during his final smash - regardless of what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom