• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Groosin for a Brusin: The Groose Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
But isn't he?

LOL that is funny. I guess the word mad is loose on this forum. I really don't get mad about things here and it is a HUGE break from going to a politics or news site which makes me depressed and angry. I hate the way our society is heading but I am powerless to stop it outside of my small community.

Nothing people say or do to Ghirahim will affect him.

As for Groose:

He can sit in the corner and be an AT with the Groosenator (and of course all his music would be in the game)

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
No arguments there, though it really only works if Impa is just a Shiek replacement. Shiek/Impa conflict would be pretty awful IMO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm against one-shot characters in general, unless there are no others to choose from. So I don't support Groose.

Groose

Smash Champion
Sadly, despite my name, I am not supporting Groose for Smash. Why? Although he is an absolutely amazing character, he doesn't fit into a fighting game. At all. His main draws as a character are his personality and his development. Neither would serve him very well on the battlefield. As a matter of fact, I really can't picture him even being an Assist Trophy.

Furthermore, there are far better picks for a fourth Zelda representative. Tingle is the one I think would fit best. He's easily recognizable and would be an evev better troll character than the Wii Fit Trainer. Additionally, he's so quirky that it would be easy to think up moves.Oh, and he's had THREE games on his own.

The other Zelda characters that are possible are Vaati, who, after his absense in Brawl, is highly unlikely, and Ghirahim. Unlike Groose, Ghirahim actually has a very good moveset and decent odds. While I do prefer Groose as a character, I think Ghirahim would be a better Smasher. The only reason I'm not actively supporting him is I think Tingle would be an even better Zelda rep, and I find it unlikely we'll get more than four.

However! With the new Skyloft stage revealed, I find it probable that we will see the man with the slickist 'do in town in the background. And, of course, there will be a trophy, and I'm dying to read the description. Perhaps, and this is stretching it, we will even get Groose's Theme as a playable song... it was certainly given enough lough and remixes in Skyward Sword and has its own meme.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm kind of hoping that the spiral pit with the sealed away Demise is a level in Smash, with Groose circling the top with his cannon and launching bombs onto the stage every now and then.

I'm sure all the reasons that Groose probably won't be getting into Smash have been said already said... but who knows, he's a popular character so there's a chance that Groose or a Groose-like descendant will be in future Zelda games, giving him the importance needed to get in.

Groose

Smash Champion
I would actually love to see Groose and Waluigi as rivals. :laugh:
Unlike Groose, who has never actually fought, Waluigi has a workable moveset.

And, as much as I would love to see that Sealed Temple level, I'm not certain if it will make the cut. After all, we are getting a Delfino-style Skyloft stage.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Unlike Groose, who has never actually fought, Waluigi has a workable moveset.

And, as much as I would love to see that Sealed Temple level, I'm not certain if it will make the cut. After all, we are getting a Delfino-style Skyloft stage.

To be fair, if Groose did get in, they could bill him as an inventor/engineer character, and he's clearly a muscular character. He's also in the same Knight Academy that Link is in, so it seems safe to assume that he's actually decently skilled at combat. I don't think inventing a moveset for him would be very difficult.
... lots of bombs.

It wouldn't be totally ridiculous to get two stages from the same game, and I do feel like Skyloft and the Sealed Temple are the two most prominent locations in Skyward Sword. I mean, you're totally right that it's unlikely, but it... could happen.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Here's my moveset for Groose! Hope you all enjoy

Is the egg throw a reference to something he did in the game? I think I'd be okay with him grabbing another invention of his and using that as a special... even if it's just a groose-zooka that launches an egg. Using his bird as his recovery makes sense, though that's kind of a giant creature to spawn suddenly.

Btw, the reason your sig only lets you have 5 is because that's the limit. The people who have lots of images in their sig actually combined them into one larger image before linking them.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Is the egg throw a reference to something he did in the game? I think I'd be okay with him grabbing another invention of his and using that as a special... even if it's just a groose-zooka that launches an egg. Using his bird as his recovery makes sense, though that's kind of a giant creature to spawn suddenly.

Btw, the reason your sig only lets you have 5 is because that's the limit. The people who have lots of images in their sig actually combined them into one larger image before linking them.
At the very beginning of the game him and his gang started throwing eggs at you when you were racing to get the statue of a bird to become a knight.
Also thanks! I'll get to it sometime soon.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Groose? As much as I would love to have him, I just can't see him making it in. of course I haven't finished Skyward Sword yet I'm sorry it's been very busy in my household. Don't get me wrong, Groose is awesome. I use his theme all the time. And as amazing as it would be to see his pompadour in HD (if they can do it to Link's hair, they'd better freaking do it to Groose if it did happen), the Zelda series has Tingle, Ghirahim, Impa, Midna, Skull Kid and Classic Link (as well as a revamped Ganondorf and Young Link) to introduce before Groose. But if Groose becomes a recurring character, he'd get in my book over Vaati, Demise and Medli (who I consider his equals in the Smash Bros. rosters) and I'd honestly enjoy it. But odds aren't in this guy's (Gerudo's?) favor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Reincarnated Groose as a Male Sheikah who's Impa's husband would be awesome.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Every time I read this topic. I see: "Groosin' for a Brusin': The Groose Dictionary." And every time I like it better.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
When you think about it, Groose is sort of in sort of the same situation as Meta Knight. (Other than being a recurring character) They both are supporting characters, both were adversaries to the protagonist in one point in the game although not being the main antagonist, they both assist the protagonist (I've only played Kirby's Adventure for NES where Meta Knight gives Kirby the hyper ability.) I think the only thing holding Grooseback from being playable is the fact he's only been in one game.

Is Meta Knight the only Character in Smash Bros. that was not a protagonist or an antagonist in a game (Zelda doesn't count because she's the title character, and Pokémon doesn't count either.)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
When you think about it, Groose is sort of in sort of the same situation as Meta Knight. (Other than being a recurring character) They both are supporting characters, both were adversaries to the protagonist in one point in the game although not being the main antagonist, they both assist the protagonist (I've only played Kirby's Adventure for NES where Meta Knight gives Kirby the hyper ability.) I think the only thing holding Grooseback from being playable is the fact he's only been in one game.

Is Meta Knight the only Character in Smash Bros. that was not a protagonist or an antagonist in a game (Zelda doesn't count because she's the title character, and Pokémon doesn't count either.)
Maybe Sheik, if you count her as a seperate character from Zelda.

But that's it for that niche.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
MAN, goose is probably my favorate character in all the zeldas I have played. (AKA OoT, WW and SS, I don't get around much)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
This would make for an amazing callback to Melee's Adventure Mode when you fight Luigi instead of Mario
No seriously, I just want to reiterate on how amazing this would be. You're playing Adventure Mode. You've just beat the first stage, and you'rre about to go onto the Link+Zelda fight in the Sealed Grounds stage. you're just getting readu, when... what's this, a cutscene? I don't remember that before! Is that Link? yeah, that's Link falling from Skyloft. What's up with- wait, what's that noise in the background? Is that a voice? Wait... no, that couldn't be... is it...? What the hell is- HOLY **** YES IT IS

sry for crappy photoshop skills

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
No seriously, I just want to reiterate on how amazing this would be. You're playing Adventure Mode. You've just beat the first stage, and you'rre about to go onto the Link+Zelda fight in the Sealed Grounds stage. you're just getting readu, when... what's this, a cutscene? I don't remember that before! Is that Link? yeah, that's Link falling from Skyloft. What's up with- wait, what's that noise in the background? Is that a voice? Wait... no, that couldn't be... is it...? What the hell is- HOLY **** YES IT IS

sry for crappy photoshop skills
that would be even more epic if link's regular intro animation is falling from skyloft.

ALSO:

all of Groose's themes. thought this should be here.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so I've been playing skyward sword again recently. that water temple/shadow temple is pretty cool.

Oh, not to mention I finally got to the awesome groose scene.

Autumn ♫

Revived!
To be honest, as much of a Vaati supporter I am, if Groose made it in instead of him I wouldn't even be mad. Hopefully he'll be reincarnated in newer Zelda games like how Link and Zelda are.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If Smash 4 hacks ever become a thing, Groose should most definitely get a Gaston texture/vertex, just saying.

Autumn ♫

So what are your guys thoughts on Groose appearing in Zelda U? I think it's fairly likely as it seems that Groose is going to become one of those characters that keep getting reincarnated like Tingle and Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom