• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Groosin for a Brusin: The Groose Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Groose's FS would be that catapault thing he used in SS to help you fight The imprisoned.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Groose's FS would be that catapault thing he used in SS to help you fight The imprisoned.
I would like the Groosinator as an assist trophy attack. His two bully friends can ride their birds back and forth dropping bombs, while Groose in his machine is in the background getting ready to launch a large bomb with a huge explosion radius.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
while you do have some good points, I feel Skull Kid would be a better addition. He has much more moveset potential and has made multiple appearances. But hes not like Vaati in Gannon as he only is the main antagonist in one game with smaller roles in others. Besides who wouldn't want to use the power of the brawl ball to smash the moon into the battlefield?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'd be cool to see him as an assist but my money is on either Vaati or Ghirahim for the spot.

D

Deleted member

@Jigglover: You seriously bumped a thread from 3 months ago....just to say that...? -_-

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I just like seeing nice 'debates', and there might still be someone who supports Groose.
We all do, but generally, don't bump a thread for a character you don't support just to say something extremely meaningless and trivial. All you will do is attract more attention to that character, and that's the last thing you want to do if you are against it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
We all do, but generally, don't bump a thread for a character you don't support just to say something extremely meaningless and trivial. All you will do is attract more attention to that character, and that's the last thing you want to do if you are against it.
There is bad attention you know ;)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think getting bothered by someone post an innocent comment is a bit trivial. Besides, why not attract attention to threads even if you don't support the character if you want to talk about that character?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Notice the :troll: on mine too! :D
To say to someone that they are similair to Groose is like inviting them to suicide. (I know I would if I was too much like Groose.)

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Honestly, I'm far more inclined to believe that Ghirahim would be a playable cast member over Groose, however cool they both are. Groose and his Groosinator would make a delightful assist trophy or perhaps even a stage hazard, but Ghirahim has far more of a potential moveset in my eyes.

...whoops, I just realized that I severely necro'd this thread. My sincerest apologies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Groose could have a creative moveset if you planned it out. I doubt either Groose or Ghirahim make it because Impa appears to be more of a iconic character from that game and the series than either of them.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Impa does manage to sneak in, I bet her design would replace Sheik (yet she would be a tag-team character with Zelda). And maybe she will get a palm-shield type attack as she had in a Skyward Sword cutscene.

As a stand-alone character, I think Ghirahim has the spot over any other contender.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Groose question, is the guy suppose to be related to Ganondorf in some way because he looks a lot like Ganondorf from OOT?

Also the poster in the first page or so that said Ganondorf has no personality or not on the line with Ghirahim, I would disagree with you when you take into account his personality in Windwaker and OOT which he shows at times, especially revealing himself more in the ending of WW. He is a greedy, tyrant along the lines of Stalin, Hitler, etc. to me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Groose question, is the guy suppose to be related to Ganondorf in some way because he looks a lot like Ganondorf from OOT?
There are some theories that he is the ancestor of the Gerudo race. So, it's possible.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Something like that is much less likely to be considered for "playable character" material though. I love Groose, but I think if a SS character is getting the spot, it's Ghira. Groose is possible, and I really have no grounds to say so, since they both were *technically* equally important to their game, but Groose would really work well as an AT, or better yet, a stage hazard in the background of a Sealed Grounds stage, firing the Groosenator.

grizby2

Smash Lord
groose is assist trophy status at best IMO, and thats about as good as it gets for any character that doesn't make it in as a playable character, yet people still complain about that? :glare: . as other posters have said, there are more deserving characters from the LoZ franchise.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Honestly I doubt either are playable. I see Impa coming in over the two but you never know. To be honest, Ghirahim would probably be a good character and I would be happy to have him. I just get tired of the fanbase trashing every other Zelda character (including Ganon) saying he is the best ever.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A long winded post from me! What a surprise!

While that may seem likely, I'm going to reference Pre-Brawl hype as reasoning why it isn't. I don't mean to be *that guy*, but asking for so many changes to a single series is ridiculous nowadays, as they seem intent on keeping the status quo with so many series. Sure, you can reference the fact that Zelda had 3 additions in Melee, but that makes sense, considering Smash 64's only duo-represented series were Mario and Pokemon.

They tested the waters with that game, and Melee represented some of the most dramatic expansion. (3 new Mario, Zelda and Pokemon characters, etc.) Brawl did that in some ways, but it seems that they want to keep certain clone templates around, and ressurected Sheik for that reason. In addition, Sheik was just as recent as Impa almost, being in OoT 3D. I'm not turning this into a Sheik/Impa argument, but my main point is that they seem to want to keep characters around. There's not as much of a dramatic different between TLink and YLink, so that's just progression with relatively the same character.

I expect either Ghira or Impa, and most likely Zelda/Impa if it's Impa, but I'm still not sold on that. I mean, my signature has two characters from a series that's under-repped, but I only expect K. Rool, Dixie would just be a nice surprise. I pick popular choices because I like popular games and the characters are popular for a reason, but I'm still objective when it comes to their placement in something like this.

Anyway, back on the topic, my Zelda expected roster is still the same:

Link
Zelda/Sheik or Impa?
TP or WW Ganon. I don't expect much or any moveset variation regardless.
TLink
Ghirahim

Then again, people wanted Zant. Jeez, I think my bad mood is affecting my posts...

I also still think Groose will be scenery. King Dedede was scenery in 64/Melee.

Edit: How do I WORK these new spoiler tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom