• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents - Critical Hit 3 - FULL RESULTS

Inui

Banned via Warnings
baseless? i hope you mean completely founded and rightful....or did u miss ch3??
Claiming that your region is powerful is indeed founded and rightful. The Atlantic North region is most likely the strongest in the entire world, with MD/VA being the pinnacle of overall skill.

Claiming that areas like NJ/PA/NY are terrible is not founded and rightful. In fact, it's just bias and douche baggery.

I remember CH3 just fine. Judging off of a single event is pretty lame, but I seem to remember a player from NJ taking 1st in singles, a team consisting of an NJ player and a PA player taking 2nd in teams, and NY and CT player taking 4th in teams, an NJ and NY player taking 5th in teams, the two 7th place teams consisting of only NY players, an NJ player defeating one of your absolute best players in a set 2-0, an NY player taking 6th in singles, a CA player taking 7th in singles, two NY players and a CT player placing at 9th, and other such accomplishments for other regions entering your home turf for the first time in Brawl.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol@inui whining.

do u think i want half the vids of me i have up up?

i didnt know me vs kage was being recorded in GA, or maybe i would've put an ounce of effort into it (but probably not)

it's not the end of the world, prove people wrong with tournament placings. the only reason ur upset by it is because u cant do that,
Wow I thought you were trying LOL I was like why is John running into all those punches?

At any rate, IMO Inui does have a point that can't be ignored. Other regions aren't horrible even though MD/VA is the best. On the other hand I also agree with Plairnkk that if you want respect and to be not trash talked, place high. That's what I want to do but it's hard. :(

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
also, m2k, stop flattering inui and stfu it is completely different, the average skill level between this place and NJ is so much higher here, even with you on the crew a 10v10 crew battle between md/va and NJ/PA would just be total slaughter
Probably true. Plank, you should come to NJ with MD/VA so I can play you in Melee and so you can play NJ in a crew battle :).

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
inui, being literally "terrible" and being smash brothers 'terrible" is entirely different. people say other people are terrible all the time, when in reality they are not literally "terrible". noobdy who takes this game seriously at all is TERRIBLE, (except for maybe chz1), but you're still gonna get called that

spam - i gave up on melee, im terrible at that game

hova

Smash Champion
stop crying inui

ur bad at arguing. all the places u listed sound good until u compare them with how people place in their own region. people who consistently get 1st and 2nd came to md/va and didn't place top five

and stop bringing up other people, u need to place well for people to stop harassing you

ur a cocky little prick that bit off more than he can chew

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
we were going to play it out, but they said they would give me 1st since i was most likely going to win (since i beat azen and chillin the last 3 times we played, and just beat neo), since it goes toward ECRC points, otherwise i would have just said no. I still think I should have played it out though now, I kind of wanted to play Azen. idk if it was a good choice or not. I was on fire in singles that day, so I kind of regret it now.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh **** that sounds good as hell

also, m2k, stop flattering inui and stfu it is completely different, the average skill level between this place and NJ is so much higher here, even with you on the crew a 10v10 crew battle between md/va and NJ/PA would just be total slaughter
the only pa players are like chibo/velocity

I'd like to think that NJ/NY would be a better match for md/va but who knows

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
we were going to play it out, but they said they would give me 1st since i was most likely going to win (since i beat azen and chillin the last 3 times we played, and just beat neo), since it goes toward ECRC points, otherwise i would have just said no. I still think I should have played it out though now, I kind of wanted to play Azen. idk if it was a good choice or not. I was on fire in singles that day, so I kind of regret it now.
there was no gaurentee you were going to play azen

chillin and myself are both capable of beating his lucario, i dunno about his other chars tho

kirbstir

Smash Lord
NJ tournaments with NY and PA players there.
Forget it. Forgive me for trying to have a logical conversation with you over the internet. I should only interact with you in person to avoid disliking you, because I actually don't want to end up hating you.
You would receive a lot less **** if you didn't take these boards so seriously, and didn't rub people the wrong way when trying to prove your point.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ur bad at arguing. all the places u listed sound good until u compare them with how people place in their own region. people who consistently get 1st and 2nd came to md/va and didn't place top five
Here's the thing you MD/VA people need to understand. Read this carefully and actually grasp it. I'll use NJ as a comparison to MD/VA.

We have one absolute top player. He is the single best player. He wins every tournament he enters, including in your region.

You have several players near the same skill level. You currently have Azen, Chillin, Forte, and NEO. That gives you four absolute top players to our single player.

Now look at the placings for CH3. Our best got 1st. Then your top 4 followed. After that comes a few NY players, a CT player, and a CA player. Plank is the only MD/VA player beyond your Gods to actually place top 8, and Meep was the other one that did well. The rest did not take top placings at all. IF you look at teams, it's very similar. M2K and Velocity did amazing, and then your absolute top people took the other top spots with an NY/CT team mixed in, and then lots of OOS teams followed.

MD/VA appears to be so much better because you have multiple top players to our single top player.

You guys lean on them as your crutch just as much as we lean on Mew2King when we say we're a strong region.

Understand?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
the only pa players are like chibo/velocity

I'd like to think that NJ/NY would be a better match for md/va but who knows
Theres also:
Vex Kasrani, Me, Blue Shell, Chocobo(Beat) ect PA isnt made up of 2 people and really Chibo isnt much better than me, and him and vex are about even

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well they are probably the 2 best but ill get the real ranks when i actually look into NJ tournaments which will make Blue Shell > ChiboSempai and Vex.
Inui who do you think is better Chibo or Vex, Chibo beat Vex at midnight at a tournament and he is using that against Vex when he says hes better than Chibo

hova

Smash Champion
Here's the thing you MD/VA people need to understand. Read this carefully and actually grasp it. I'll use NJ as a comparison to MD/VA.

We have one absolute top player. He is the single best player. He wins every tournament he enters, including in your region.

You have several players near the same skill level. You currently have Azen, Chillin, Forte, and NEO. That gives you four absolute top players to our single player.

Now look at the placings for CH3. Our best got 1st. Then your top 4 followed. After that comes a few NY players, a CT player, and a CA player. Plank is the only MD/VA player beyond your Gods to actually place top 8, and Meep was the other one that did well. The rest did not take top placings at all. IF you look at teams, it's very similar. M2K and Velocity did amazing, and then your absolute top people took the other top spots with an NY/CT team mixed in, and then lots of OOS teams followed.

MD/VA appears to be so much better because you have multiple top players to our single top player.

You guys lean on them as your crutch just as much as we lean on Mew2King when we say we're a strong region.

Understand?
so what ur saying is...

we are better than you??

i'll agree to that

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Understand?
Truthfully you do make some sense here Inui.

Thing is if NJ had at least 2 people that are, as you say, god-like, I'd be on their balls compared to us just having the best player in the East Coast/US. Riding M2K is alot worse than MD/VA riding Forte, Neo, Chillin, Azen.

In the end, MD/VA does have a better scene than us but our scene definitely does not suck. NY's best "Bum" didn't go and our 2nd best "Spam" didn't go but even with them MD/VA has more great players on that top top level.

chillindude829

Smash Master
wtf is this argument even about? it seems like everyone is agreeing that MD/VA is the most skilled region. which is true, so why the **** are you guys arguing? oh wait, inui posted, that's why

edit: also LMFAO that video of inui vs LK is too ****ing funny, leave that **** up forever toasty.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
hey im still good at this game

****ing atomsk, too goodz

g-regulate

Smash Hero
on a good note, i bet numerous OOSers got super way better just from playing with MD/VA players. we do have a large scene and new tactics are always being discovered and shared. i just know i was terrorizing numerous OOSers with secondaries and characters that people had no clue could be played at a high level (waits for inui to bring up our minute long ganon ditto). everyone just needs to come to our tournaments and get better. most people directly link tournament placings with overall skill, which for the most part is truth, but some people just have better, more original strategies that they cant keep up consistently and shouldnt be ignored.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wtf is this argument even about? it seems like everyone is agreeing that MD/VA is the most skilled region. which is true, so why the **** are you guys arguing? oh wait, inui posted, that's why

edit: also LMFAO that video of inui vs LK is too ****ing funny, leave that **** up forever toasty.
-dead----------

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
**** so thats not 1 GW in top 10

whats going on people? ready to switch mains yet?
G&W is definitely not as good as people think. He's good but he can't be great. The way he plays is too simple and he basically tries to overpower his opponent. That doesn't work against a really really good player. I mean he barely has any mindgames and his roll and spot dodge suck. How are you supposed to beat an awesome Marth player with that arsenal?

Thats why I'm starting to have good secondaries. :)

PS: I think G&W is top tier but there are certain match ups he just can't take.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anyone wanna practice today? ill drive up to like an hour :p dont have **** to do

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
on a good note, i bet numerous OOSers got super way better just from playing with MD/VA players. we do have a large scene and new tactics are always being discovered and shared. i just know i was terrorizing numerous OOSers with secondaries and characters that people had no clue could be played at a high level (waits for inui to bring up our minute long ganon ditto). everyone just needs to come to our tournaments and get better. most people directly link tournament placings with overall skill, which for the most part is truth, but some people just have better, more original strategies that they cant keep up consistently and shouldnt be ignored.
It's too true. I was going to go to Xesticle in August, but I think I'm just going to go to Chu's final biweekly cuz I feel like I'll learn more from MD/VA than I will in CT. xD. I really did get a lot better at CH3.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would go to xesticle since its the circuit thing, and chus house will be really crowded/not as enjoyable, plus the tops from md/va will all be in CT anyway XD

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
lol gimr you are so wrong about gw, he has answers to every character in the game, no bad matchups really. most people play him in a simple style, but its quite easy to go above that. He has to be one of the most awkward characters in the game, so i don't know how you can say that.

Top Bottom