• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Bash! *50+ entrants! 30+ housed! TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRE-HALLOWEEN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
lol whats wrong with a lil change in the CP's it makes things interesstinggg haha..

Duelist for side Event perv :p idk how it would work..4 people per match of course.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The stages are a bit wack, but I'd probably go for the $50.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wow. That $50 incentive for OoS'ers makes me not even want to go.

I don't plan on attending.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I can help run brackets.

I'll be bringing my Wii + Brawl(FOR SURE.)

I'll have an SD card by this time, so B+?

Also, I has rules memorized.

Side-Event! Pokemon TCG/M:TG tourneys. Possible? Maybe...

I'll help run it in any way I can...

You haz skype?

Also:
Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium
Win.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I can help run brackets.

I'll be bringing my Wii + Brawl(FOR SURE.)

I'll have an SD card by this time, so B+?

Also, I has rules memorized.

Side-Event! Pokemon TCG/M:TG tourneys. Possible? Maybe...
I told you last time that you suggested a TCG event that the store is also a card game store. Magic/Yugioh tournaments are held (usually) on a regular weekly basis there. That is, if it's like every other card store I've ever visited.

Yugioh seems to be the most dominant card game. I haven't seen any legitimate Magic players there.

Pokemon is virtually dead, except for casual play.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I told you last time that you suggested a TCG event that the store is also a card game store. Magic/Yugioh tournaments are held (usually) on a regular weekly basis there. That is, if it's like every other card store I've ever visited.

Yugioh seems to be the most dominant card game. I haven't seen any legitimate Magic players there.

Pokemon is virtually dead, except for casual play.
I've never been there. I was talking about a TCG event at this tourney, not on a weekly basis.

Aww, Yu-Gay-Oh? ****. Magic needs to be played moar.
*goes to steal friend's Yu-Gi-Oh deck*

And...sadface for pokemon...when I finally get into it, nobody plays anymore...
:urg:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Jamaal, dont you think the stage lists are a little..........

wack.

And also make teams 10 doallrs per teamate, thats how it usually is anyways.

Purple

Hi guys!
Jamaal, dont you think the stage lists are a little..........

wack.

And also make teams 10 doallrs per teamate, thats how it usually is anyways.
jungles japes

....wack?

***** **** you

XD

people have been asking alot about it, i really only have it there due to copy-and-paste syndrome, i did change those respective stages.

@rayku - i don't see what Out of Staters getting 50 dollars if they get top four has to do with anything that would make you not come to this tourney, last monthly even with alabama players there, was dominantly georgia, excluding *professonial smasher* Will_. In fact, if you can beat them and get top 4 (considering top 4 pays out this tourney) you'll be making more money than usual just because more out of state players were there. Come on dude man up and support ;/

Updates so people don't have to read the ruleset again

Teams was changed to 10 dollars a player, 20 dollars a team.

Pausing mid-match results in a lost of a game, however this is only if it breaks the ability for the opponent to do a game-changing attack (pausing before opponent connects forward-smash, etc.)

Lylat was taken off of regular set stages, along with jungle japes, pictochat, pokemon stadium 2..?, and norfair for counterpicks.

I'm planning to have a Time Limit for Free entry fee for Wii Setups

ga players have from 12:00 pm to 1:00pm allows free entry,

OoS players are allowed 12:00pm to 1:45pm

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Jamaal, I think you really need to edit the title so it says "OoS Courtesy".

Also, I don't see why OoS gets more time to bring setups. I understand that it will take them longer to get here but why do GA residents get less time. It's not like the tournament is going to get held up since OoSers will still be coming at around 1:45 with their setup. I mean, Reflex's crew has a shorter travel time than Woodstock crew and they get a ****ton of courtesy.

I'm not asking you to change anything but this just all seems wack to me.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Oh so it's TOP FOUR placings get $50? So if all four players in the top 4 are OoS, you're dishing out $200?

Yeah. Awesome incentive. If I place 4th place, I get about $5. If an OoS'er places 4th, they get $55.

Personally, that does not interest me. I know what you're trying to do, but it's not making me want to go.

Purple

Hi guys!
Oh so it's TOP FOUR placings get $50? So if all four players in the top 4 are OoS, you're dishing out $200?

Yeah. Awesome incentive. If I place 4th place, I get about $5. If an OoS'er places 4th, they get $55.

Personally, that does not interest me. I know what you're trying to do, but it's not making me want to go.
:ohwell:

I mean, if you're mad that an Out of State person gets 50 dollars IF they get top 4, then just beat them so so they don't get top 4, with this alot of OoS are pretty wlling to come, so this is great experience for you and alot of other GA players.

Rayku

Smash Lord
:ohwell:

I mean, if you're mad that an Out of State person gets 50 dollars IF they get top 4, then just beat them so so they don't get top 4, with this alot of OoS are pretty wlling to come, so this is great experience for you and alot of other GA players.
Let's put up a hypothetical real quick:

Tournament attendance gets to 20 people. I get first place, 3 OoS'ers get 2-4th place.

$200 is in the pot, 60% of that is $120. 25% of that is $50. $50+$50 = $100.

So I would get $120 for first place, which usually doubles the amount second place, and 2nd place would get $100. It just doesn't really seem worth the effort. There's not nearly enough incentive to win that golden FIRST PLACE. I could easily just win 2nd place and miss out on a measly $20. Oh, and 3rd place gets $70, which is more than 2nd place gets at most Waba tournaments. 4th place would get $60? That's...a bit much.

But wait, if I get 4th place, wanna know how much money I'd win? $10. Entry back. Woopie. When someone like Reflex could get 4th place and win $60.

Seems unfair.

Once again, I'm not saying that the rules should be changed. I'm saying this little addition will probably prevent me (Rayku) from going.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Why not just guarantee $50 extra to 1-4th place? That makes the incentive to everyone.

I mena OoSers will still wnat to coem b/c i mean its an extra 50 but it will make people in GA wnat to play their best too becaues the same reason. Its an extra 50.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i might come to this and goof off/rag on Brawl, if i have nothing else going on this day.

also, why the **** is 4th place getting money at all?

also, rayku, you sound like a coward in your posts. if you don't want OoS to get the money, beat their *****. that's the entire POINT of OoS pot money. you put larger amounts of money to lure them to your state, then you send them home with nothing. man the **** up. end of story.

Rayku

Smash Lord
i might come to this and goof off/rag on Brawl, if i have nothing else going on this day.

also, why the **** is 4th place getting money at all?

also, rayku, you sound like a coward in your posts. if you don't want OoS to get the money, beat their *****. that's the entire POINT of OoS pot money. you put larger amounts of money to lure them to your state, then you send them home with nothing. man the **** up. end of story.
You can call me a coward, but I guess you didn't read the first thing I said

If I get first place, and beat all their *****, they still get almost the same amount as me. They don't go home with nothing, they go home with nearly the same amount that the person who won did. It just seems rather trivial.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
You can call me a coward, but I guess you didn't read the first thing I said

If I get first place, and beat all their *****, they still get almost the same amount as me. They don't go home with nothing, they go home with nearly the same amount that the person who won did. It just seems rather trivial.
If GA nets all the top 4 spots, then boom. OoS goes home with only their ***** in their hands. you're just making it easier for them to take GA's money by backing down.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If GA nets all the top 4 spots, then boom. OoS goes home with only their ***** in their hands. you're just making it easier for them to take GA's money by backing down.
Oh yeah. I don't doubt that GA *****. I simply used it as a hypothetical.

We all know that *****-*** Reflex isn't worth anything in comparison to our scene.

Kismet's full of ****. So is BigLou. I'm garbage, but what does that say for the people I beat :p

Purple

Hi guys!
Why not just guarantee $50 extra to 1-4th place? That makes the incentive to everyone.

I mena OoSers will still wnat to coem b/c i mean its an extra 50 but it will make people in GA wnat to play their best too becaues the same reason. Its an extra 50.
Some out of staters drive it out and waste gas money to come to this tourney, some people spend a night at a hotel (i know this for a fact). They spend more money than you think to come to these tournies. So incentive would make sense for them. We only spend 15 dollars tops to get to these tournies, why should we get 50 bucks for that?

What happened to Georgia wanting to show people that we aren't a joke state >_>. Sounds like some dual reasoning.

First off, the incentive is for Out of State players to come, it's not for Georgia players, if you want that to happen to you, better go tell an out of state tourney like Gigs to do it for you.

If i give all man incentive, that's automatically 200 dollars out of pocket, while i'm willing to do it, i truly don't want to give out 200 dollars, while OoS incentive gives me a chance to keep the money.

I personally know kismet can beat reflex, along with everyone in Alabama, some in SC, and some in FL.

I'll be truthful and say that the 50 dollar incentive is just a lure to get people to see how the georgia community is and to attend our venue tournies. But it's still there so i'm sure people will do it.

@rayku - sounds like you don't like this game anymore. you don't even want to play Out of State.

@ga_peach - we will more than likely have another setup for something else. but i'll need to discuss it with Legendary Games. Also, that's how they run their pot, so i'm just going to leave it like that if that's what they're used to, i don't want to change around everything.

Jamaal, I think you really need to edit the title so it says "OoS Courtesy".

Also, I don't see why OoS gets more time to bring setups. I understand that it will take them longer to get here but why do GA residents get less time. It's not like the tournament is going to get held up since OoSers will still be coming at around 1:45 with their setup. I mean, Reflex's crew has a shorter travel time than Woodstock crew and they get a ****ton of courtesy.

I'm not asking you to change anything but this just all seems wack to me.
@bbq - You can't use reflex as an example, considering he's one of the FEW people that's out of state that things get easier for, and even then it's only by about 15 minutes.

Zcasanova usually drives five hours to get to waba, so he's going to take a 7 hour drive to get here. therefore he gets incentive.

Understood bbq that woodstock drives farther, but also note that LG gives rides to georgia players from a selected place (usually waba before hours). So you're only driving halfway. Plus you don't have to worry about being late for signups because you're driving with the owner, rayku did that this recent tourney.

I understand that it makes things unfair for Georgia, in the sense that Out of State gets better treatment, but i'm just trying to make our tournies more inclusive of states in our region :/

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I may be willing to come as long as I can get a decent group together willing to split the drive.

Name: Seibrik
Area: Miami, Fl
Equipment: Possible full setup+recording.
Help run tourny: Fully and completely.

I'll have a definitive answer by october.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I may be willing to come as long as I can get a decent group together willing to split the drive.

Name: Seibrik
Area: Miami, Fl
Equipment: Possible full setup+recording.
Help run tourny: Fully and completely.

I'll have a definitive answer by october.
id come with you if you got me on your way up through FL

Purple

Hi guys!
Any OoS'rs have questions about how the tourney's ran?

also seibrik you're bringing recording equipment, would you like to only use that yourself or are you allowing others to use it for their matches?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Some out of staters drive it out and waste gas money to come to this tourney, some people spend a night at a hotel (i know this for a fact). They spend more money than you think to come to these tournies. So incentive would make sense for them. We only spend 15 dollars tops to get to these tournies, why should we get 50 bucks for that?

What happened to Georgia wanting to show people that we aren't a joke state >_>. Sounds like some dual reasoning.

I understand that it makes things unfair for Georgia, in the sense that Out of State gets better treatment, but i'm just trying to make our tournies more inclusive of states in our region :/
Jamaal I completely understand the reasoning behind the OoS incentive becuase it does attract people and hypes up this tourney. I was just trying to say something that would attract both sides equally but i guess like you said that would totally destroy the point of OoS incentive.

Anyways count me in for this 100%

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
hmmmmmmmmmm i might show

i might have something better to do but idk

who would do some teamsies with my slender serpent??

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
For the record, I will be bringing my Wii + Brawl to this.

I can bring a GC as well, for May-Lay players. However I don't have May-Lay. So...someone wanna bring Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom