• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HASL: Huntsville Area Smash League - 1st place $300!! Free entry!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Huntsville Area Smash League (HASL)- June 25th, 2011 Hype Video

UAH University Center (in the exhibit hall)
Huntsville, AL 35816

map-> http://goo.gl/0n9NB

Venue Fees
No door fee!
Brawl singles is FREE IF you sign up ahead of time at our website. The link to the signup is at the top of this post. Just click on the picture. Otherwise brawl singles is $10.
Brawl doubles: $10 per person
Melee singles: $10

Prizes
Brawl Singles:
1st place $300
2nd place $100
3rd place $25

Melee singles and Brawl doubles:
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

Brawl Ruleset
1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
*Team Attack set to "On"
*Life stealing is allowed.
*In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
*In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
*If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
*Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
*Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
*Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
*The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
*The first match is played.
*The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
*The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
*The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
*The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
*The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
*The next match is played.
*Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
*If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
*Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
*Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Brawl Stage list
Starters:
-Battlefield
-Final destination
-Smashville
-Lylat cruise
-Yoshi's Island(brawl)

Counterpicks:
-Battleship Halberd
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pictochat
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Melee Ruleset
1. 4 stock
2. 8 minute timer(In time out, winner is determined by stock left, then by percentage damage. In case of a tie by both stock and percentage, the game will be replayed)
3. no items
4. no wobbles
5. no excessive stalling
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counter-pick to a stage you have already won on. Keep track of this.
7. regular sets best of 3, winner's/loser's/grand finals are best of 5
8. In the event of controller port rage, Ro-Sham-Bo will be played.(that is, rock-paper-scissors)
9. In case of any other dispute, get one of our TOs
10. If both players agree, you may change or play with any rules you like, but make sure one of our TOs knows about it, and make sure it gets changed back to the default afterward. If either player disagrees, the default rules will be used.

Melee Stage List
Neutrals:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Dream Land
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
-Pokemon Stadium
-Brinstar
-Rainbow Cruise
-Kongo Jungle

Tentative Schedule
10:30 A.M. Doors open
11:00 A.M. Signups begin (for those that did not register online)
12:00 P.M. Melee singles and Brawl doubles
2:00 P.M. Lunch break
3:00 P.M. Brawl singles pools
6:00 P.M. Brawl singles brackets
9:30 P.M. Venue closes

Brawl Confirmed List (66)
AL
Cam
Spade
Arce
Pope
CIN
Janitor
Slam
The Brown Scourge
Ingulit
George
Twinster
Mc-Killa
Will_
Kola
Ryker
Blake
M3t
Cheap
DRK
Popsofctown
WumpusKing
DLM
General Mills
DaBomb
Yared Cox
Mahgnittoc
Wasmo
BigBuda
Prince Alias
Chuck
<V^>
TMKLB
DanGR
JacobAnders
Void
Moogle
Richard_Smasher
Wilokers
Highwind
Scrody
Masterson
Pking
HJK
Felixdacatt
Evan
FrankTech
Afrotaki
auramaster
Nubtaco
OverDose
Crazyii Blueboy
Protaco1
LordXeen

GA
Billy
Zatch
Nana
Asy1umRat
Hero?
Player-1
DRN
Dynomite

MS
Winnar

FL
DOODE
Saint
Thomas Hiep
LOSER

Interested List
AL
Jay
Skelter

GA
Bigman

Melee Confirmed (14)
George
M3t
Winnar
WumpusKing
DLM
DaBomb
Chad
j00t
Moogle
Mslano
Muffin
Afrotaki
Cheeseguy
OverDose

Setups
Cam- Wii+Brawl+T.V.
Pope- Wii+Brawl+T.V.
Spade- Wii+Brawl
CIN- Wii+Brawl+T.V.
Winnar- Wii+Brawl+Melee
Ingulit- Wii+Brawl+T.V.
Janitor- Wii+Brawl
Mc-Killa- T.V.
Zatch- T.V.
Brown Scourge- Brawl
Asy1umRat- Wii+Brawl
Kola- Wii+Brawl
Slam- TV+Wii+Brawl
George- TV+Wii+Brawl+Melee
Cheap- TV+Melee+Gamecube
M3t- TV+Wii+Brawl+Melee
Ryker- TV+Wii+Brawl
DaBomb- TV+Wii+Brawl+Melee
Player-1- TV+Wii+Brawl
TMKLB- TV+Wii+Brawl
Mslano- TV+Gamecube+Melee
Moogle- TV+Gamecube+Melee
DanGR- Wii+Brawl+Melee
Pking- Brawl
Evan- Wii+Brawl
Afrotaki- Brawl+Melee
j00t- Melee
Dynomite- Wii+Brawl
OverDose- Gamecube+Melee
WumpusKing- Wii+Brawl+Gamecube+Melee
LOSER- Wii+Brawl

Housing
Cam
Pope
Moogle

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Calvin and I are guaranteed to be there. I'll see about getting my older brother and/or locals to come, too.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
You put all my **** down without even asking....and you did it all correctly. I can bring my wii+brawl and I'll be there of course. Wish I had a TV to bring as well... :/

EDIT: SUPER HYPE!!!!!1!11!1 How can this not be hyped? Haha.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You put all my **** down without even asking....and you did it all correctly. I can bring my wii+brawl and I'll be there of course. Wish I had a TV to bring as well... :/
Maybe it's because I'm your best friend, and I know you really well?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, and I'll bring at least one full set-up. Maybe a second television, as well.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Might find me here if GA has a carpool. It's a few weeks after my 16th birthday, so I can start planning.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Jerk, you didn't put me on the confirmed list.

Put V3GA as interested (My Brother)

Also do we have to get out by 9:30? Because I don't know of many tournaments that end that early

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Jerk, you didn't put me on the confirmed list.

Put V3GA as interested (My Brother)

Also do we have to get out by 9:30? Because I don't know of many tournaments that end that early
You sounded iffy, so I put you as interested.

We reserved the venue until 10 p.m., so I want it to end by 9:30 so we have time to clean up.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
That's awesome! Billy and Elev8 are both on the confirmed list now. I want to try to get 50+ (not sure how feasible that is), so be sure to tell your friends in both AL and GA. I'm not sure we can get anyone from LA or FL.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
50+ and ending by 10

We're going to need a ton of set ups.

OR we could not do pools

*Cam*

Smash Lord
50+ and ending by 10

We're going to need a ton of set ups.

OR we could not do pools
We plan to be rather efficient. I think 3 hours is long enough to do pools if everyone isn't playing friendlies when they should be playing their tournament matches. I'm also leaving 3 hours for brackets, so it should be enough. I don't plan to go past 9:30, but if we have to, I don't think anyone else is renting the place out after us.

Yes, we could use lots of setups too.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Not anymore. I decided to take the day off, because I'll be able to work sunday bc we won't be up super late saturday. :D

EDIT: Answer to cam's next post: No. Now HYPE!

Top Bottom