• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HASL: Huntsville Area Smash League - 1st place $300!! Free entry!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
George, I wasn't able to open the .bin files because I don't own an sd card. I'll have to get Spade to put them on his sd card and then go over to his house and put the replays on my wii, then come home and capture them. I'll update it by replacing your long 2008 clip with these two newer combos from you and Twinster. I should have gotten him to do that earlier, and I apologize.

After that update, I honestly don't want to hear who is "un-hyped." I've done a lot over the past few weeks to make this tournament enjoyable and less expensive for you guys: free pizza, $300 grand prize, free entry into brawl singles and no venue fee, on-campus housing is in the works, a huge venue, and I'm even getting the brackets projected on a big screen so you guys don't have to crowd around the T.O. desk every time. If a couple of nitpicky things about a hype video make you not want to come to this awesome tournament, then don't come.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm forever upset that you added a lame combo of myself. I have so many better ones on youtube, especially the ones where I'm MK. Gah

Though *****yness aside, I'm pretty excited for this. And I'll go ahead and preregister my brother, he said he's pretty sure he could make it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
oh hey it's me

It's kind of a shame you didn't ask for a clip today. This weekend I recorded a ton of stuff with Ragnarok and we both had some sick 0-deaths on each other

Scatz

Smash Champion
I'm currently interested in this now that I was forced back home due to personal stuff lol. Billy, I can't completely confirm that I can go to this yet (prolly a slim chance due to work), but if you have an extra spot in your car, mind if I jump in with ya?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Winnar, it's a little late I think =)

I promised everyone I would release it on the 11th and that's exactly what I did.

@Scatz: Billy should have room in his car. To my knowledge, the only person he is taking right now is Player-1.

Can I get a head count of everyone who needs housing for this?

Sensai

Smash Master
It's been brought to my attention that there's going to be a Melee tourney in my (old) hometown. Color me excited. Also color me for one of the Tennessee people who's technically 'interested,' although not 100% sure about it yet. I'm terribly out of practice.

I may make yet another grand return to the Smash scene. I hope to see you all there.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on attending, as are Chad and Andy (because it's 2 minutes from our apartment and there's no sense in not going). We can bring a setup for Melee.

Ooh, Sensai may be there! How delightful!

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm planning on attending, as are Chad and Andy (because it's 2 minutes from our apartment and there's no sense in not going). We can bring a setup for Melee.

Ooh, Sensai may be there! How delightful!
Can you guys house the Memphis guys if they come down?

Also, I would appreciate it if you, Andy, John, and Chad could all sign up via the online signup form. It just helps me know who is confirmed and who isn't. It won't force you to sign up for Brawl; you can just choose Melee. So please ask them to do that.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'm currently interested in this now that I was forced back home due to personal stuff lol. Billy, I can't completely confirm that I can go to this yet (prolly a slim chance due to work), but if you have an extra spot in your car, mind if I jump in with ya?
Yeah, i can drive ya

ragnarock

Smash Lord
My family reunion is this day, so i won't make it. But ima make sure I come to the next one.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Sorry cam. Just talked to my boss and they have me scheduled to be in NC/SC for filiming during your tourney. I'll keep your tourney in mind though, cause I want to travel a little again and meet you guys once more.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We have now 44 people pre-registered. Chad, j00t, and Moogle, you guys can pre-register without signing up for Brawl singles. Please do that. If the two other scrubs in the Madison crew would go ahead and pre-register too (Dan and Arce), then we would be ONE person away from reaching 50 people officially confirmed!

DRN, glad you're coming.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So about this... I'm going to AL tomorrow with friends for a while IDK if I'll have a ride to this next week.They reside in Evergreen/Owasa AL. Anyone near there? I still REALLY want to go. :(

:phone:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dude I have no idea where that is lol. Let me check.

Ryker teaching me how to play this game? I wanted to get better not worse.

In all honesty though, I'm about 45-50ish minutes from the venue, if you guys don't mind following us back I could try and arrange something, but my apartment is a tad cramped as is.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm already housing Ryker's group, and I'm about 15 minutes from the venue. Sooo...

Zatch, there is a group coming up from Mobile which has room in its car. Talk to Ryker and see if he'll pick you up on the way.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll try. May bring two friends to this.

:phone:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I might as well go ahead and explain this now so I don't have to spend as much time explaining it at the tournament. Plus, if you guys understand, then maybe you will be able to help other people understand. We brainstormed for a long time over a way to get all the matches at our tournament saved and organized. For awhile, we thought it couldn't be done. Well, we figured it out.

We will have like 8 or 9 Brawl tournament setups that will be labeled by number. These will be for tournament matches only; several TVs will be available for Brawl friendlies. Ingulit is writing a program that will automatically tell us who needs to go to what setup after matches are reported in. So, we will be calling out what setup you need to go play at (we will make sure none of them are lame little s****y TVs). So, for example, if we say "Saint and BigLou are playing on setup 3," then obviously they will report to that setup and play their matches. When the program tells us that they are going to setup 3, it will save that information in a file, as well as the time that we sent them.

All the setups for Brawl tournament matches (most of them being Wiis from the Madison crew) are going to have a hack that forces you to save the replay. However, it will give you an option between the SD card and the Wii. If it was a tournament match, pick the SD card. If it was a friendly, pick the Wii. I will put signs up to remind everyone of this. However, you literally will not be able to exit without saving it somewhere.

So here's what we have given that. We have all the tournament matches saved on SD cards, and who played what match at what time on which Wii. Even if they don't use tags, we will know who they are because of the program saving the information. We will make sure the Wii clocks are correct so there are no mixups.

So, the main things I need you guys to remember:

1) Save tournament matches on the SD card and friendlies on the Wii

2) We will call out when it is your turn to play a tournament set. Do NOT just go off and play it on the Wiis set aside for friendlies or on any open Wii that you see. If you start playing on one of the labeled setups without telling us, most likely you will be kicked off before you get far into the match in favor of the people who were supposed to be playing their set there.

3) Unlike other tournaments, we will get almost every tournament match (including pools) from the event uploaded as quickly as we are able.

Top Bottom