• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 30: The Road to WHOBO 3 - Jan 8th 2011 - Bring full setups!!!!!

Tesh

Smash Hero
How is this mid tier crew battle gonna work? Like do we just have Illmatic and Esca pick teams or something?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i will ask at the venue. IF people want it we will do it. there will be 2 team captains and they pick from the pool of players.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Mid tier crew battle is new so yea i guess i cant knock it till i try it.
Mid tier crews is still a mid tier event, not really making it new. But do whatever, I won't be spending money on something that doesn't interest me so irdc

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Mid tier crew battle sounds amazing!

We did it for low tier and it was super fun right? We should do it for this.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, when I say secondaries. I mean no mains. Or normal crews. Then you can use whatever character you want. Mid tier, low tier, diddy tier

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't understand no secondaries.

Can we just do a high tier event? Cept the high tier mains have to use Ganon?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Reverse tier would be interesting (though probably dumb). Top tier mains use bottom tier, high tier mains use low tier, low tier uses high tier, bottom tier uses top tier. It would be dumb though, and top tier mains that are smart wouldn't enter.

A high tier event would be good IMO. After all, one of the points of tier events is to teach people more about characters in those tiers right?

:059:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Crew battles aren't fun unless they are overly hyped at a national level and everyone is watching. Otherwise, it's kinda just singles with a little bit of confetti.

Tier related events happen all the time, there's almost no flash to those anymore. I don't think I've ever been to a non-national tournament where the side event wasn't tier related.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
He doesnt mean no secondaries. You use anyone but your main. We could do reverse mains

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
DMG said he might come.

We could try a 2v2 crew battle? Gives people the chance to team with someone they haven't teamed with before and who knows they might find out they work really well together.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Reverse tier would be interesting (though probably dumb). Top tier mains use bottom tier, high tier mains use low tier, low tier uses high tier, bottom tier uses top tier. It would be dumb though, and top tier mains that are smart wouldn't enter.

A high tier event would be good IMO. After all, one of the points of tier events is to teach people more about characters in those tiers right?

:059:
Who would mid tier mains use?

Crew battle sounds like the most fun. It probably gives everyone the most motivation to try. Even if you are matched up against someone alot better, you can try to do your part and take off a stock or two.

Or maybe a side event with an altered stagelist?

Green Greens, Yoshi's Island Melee and Wario Ware for starters.

Edit: That sounds AWESOME. I've never seen that before. I would be very interested in a 2v2 Crew battle.

sheikamaru

jive
anyone live in houston that's a bit wealthy not afraid to spend an extra few bucks for a fellow smash player? for this tourney :D

Top Bottom