• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 37 Project WHOBO4 (3 of 5) by GameOver Video Games- IMPULSE Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I'll MM your Shiek, Batou.
Deal.

Batou wtffffffffff razer not coming y
I rather play Sheik than Captain Falcon. She's a faster version. What? You want me to play as Marth then?

Me and Y.b.M. will come if there is a good attendance
I'll say it before and I"ll say it again. Infern, you and Y.b.M are super legit. I"m a firm believer that you two will easily get top 3 at HOBO37 so I encourage you to go. :smirk:

Give me and my partner a chance of redemption. For the past two tournaments, I've lost to you two, I at least want another shot at victory. It won't be the same if I don't meet you two in tournament.

KI.

I need Teammates for the LvD side event, who's in?
What is LvD?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
KI.

I need Teammates for the LvD side event, who's in?
I have yet to play, but I already have a few choice weapons prepared...

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is going to end very well indeed.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
haven't been to any tourneys before (16yo), but been playing since 64 (yeah... that's right), thinking about going if i can make it

will friendly if i can make it :)
>:olimar:< >:npc:<
REALLY hope I can go, Idc if i lose tbh, so yeah, $10 was it? ehh... why not? :psycho:
If i feel like it I may do a couple of H(yrule) tier MMs using Jiggly(Navi)puff :chuckle:
I will AT LEAST enter amateur bracket IF I can make it.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Dude that's good to hear! You're automatically entered into amateur bracket if you don't make it out of pools!

Please try and make it!

Thanks man =) i'm already trying my best to schedule it, i can't wait :awesome:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Batou MM my Falcon with whatever your main is now.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Oh dang...can't go. Must go to a wedding.

Y.b.M. must take my place as token zss

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Okay, talked with parents and i should be able to go, also talked to a few friends about it and they may join me i'll be using jiggly for low tiers, olimar for teams, and sonic or falco for single player :) hope i'll stand a chance lol, i'm only really 'great' with olimar though :/ i might bring melee and/or smash 64 along for the ride too :-P
CAN'T WAIT!!!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Okay, talked with parents and i should be able to go, also talked to a few friends about it and they may join me i'll be using jiggly for low tiers, olimar for teams, and sonic or falco for single player :) hope i'll stand a chance lol, i'm only really 'great' with olimar though :/ i might bring melee and/or smash 64 along for the ride too :-P
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Yes, bring your friends and anyone else interested. The more the merrier.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
I've been playing for about five months straight on either melee or brawl (must say i like melee better… difference in prat falling for one… GRAVITY ACTS THE SAME ON EVERYTHING NINTENDO!!!) so i've been getting decent practice in with olimar, plus been watching ADHD, ally, m2k (blegh… spam much?) etc. so i've got a pretty good idea of what it'll be like, also… even if i lose by a landslide… DON'T take it easy on me please, i want to know exactly how much i've still got to accomplish. Gl all, and anyone that wants, i'll be doing friendlies and/or letting other people that don't have setups practice up or whatever on mine if they are gonna be going up anytime soon :)
From what it seems, it'll be a great time. (i'll be wearing an easily distinguishable hat if i do go, incase anyone there wants to help welcome me into the world of SMASH)

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Ugh, I have UIL on the 14th. I might be able to show up for amateur... Even though honestly I'm not quite clear what amateur is.. hehehe :urg: Is it like a low tier tournament? Sorry, new to tournaments and stuff

sheikamaru

jive
i feel like the attendance of this tourney will pass the last one. im gonna support the place by buying something, who's with me!?!!!?!??!?

if only i can find some kind of ninja/sheik trinket....

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ugh, I have UIL on the 14th. I might be able to show up for amateur... Even though honestly I'm not quite clear what amateur is.. hehehe :urg: Is it like a low tier tournament? Sorry, new to tournaments and stuff
Amateur bracket is when you play in pools and you don't place high enough to get into the "main" bracket in the Round Robin pool (which is where people are grouped up and all play each other for points).

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Okay, question… i know MK is banned, but i don't understand why he gives people so much grief, his attacks are easily read and dodged, and also leave him open for attacks (i still don't use him just bc i think he's too focused on close combat instead of having ranged attacks)… why the ban? Is it just because people don't know how to play against him? Or is it because they're too caught up in the tier list and are afraid to face the only 'god' tier character? I'd like to see MK available… seeing as he IS a part of the game after all (at least only allow him for ameteur bracket? I personally love facing MK just because it poses a challenge)

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Oh okay. Thanks. I'm probably not going to go though =(
I'm sure my brother will be able to though.

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Okay, question… i know MK is banned, but i don't understand why he gives people so much grief, his attacks are easily read and dodged, and also leave him open for attacks (i still don't use him just bc i think he's too focused on close combat instead of having ranged attacks)… why the ban? Is it just because people don't know how to play against him? Or is it because they're too caught up in the tier list and are afraid to face the only 'god' tier character? I'd like to see MK available… seeing as he IS a part of the game after all (at least only allow him for ameteur bracket? I personally love facing MK just because it poses a challenge)
Everyone should know how and be good at fighting meta knight, but the reason he's banned is because of stages such as brinstar, rainbowcruise, and delfino plaza that give him an unfair advantage over pretty much all characters.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Okay, i can understand RC, but other than that, kirby or jiggly aren't much different (recovery-wise), and people don't complain about that. I say ban MK from RC and call it a day, don't just go banning a whole character.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Yeah what he said^
Thanks man :) nice to know i'm not alone on this

Hmm… i still don't guess they'd change it though, meh, oh well i guess… gl at the tourney everyone! I've talked at least one friend into going, there are alot more that want to but can't make this one, we're gonna try and make it to WHOBO on Aug 5th. We've got a couple of long drives ahead of us considering we live around the Mesquite area. Know of any good hotels around? (my parents said no to housing until they meet sum1 first, but then again, i am 16 and it'd probably be wierd for you guys if i were to… so… yeah…)

Tesh

Smash Hero

The top players around here have beaten most of the best MKs in the country. There are people that just don't approve of what he does to the game.

Allowing him for the amateur bracket would probably be even worse though, since its supposed to be a fun lower level tournament. Half the people attending will probably have competent MKs so if you ask, people will give you a match or two against him.

Okay, i can understand RC, but other than that, kirby or jiggly aren't much different (recovery-wise), and people don't complain about that. I say ban MK from RC and call it a day, don't just go banning a whole character.

There are alot of ways to handle the problem, some regions/TOs took a different path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom