• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 37 Project WHOBO4 (3 of 5) by GameOver Video Games- IMPULSE Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
You may not understand this, but at top level play MK is near undefeatable. Every option he has will shut down any characters available options. When you talk about reading, that's player versus player nor character vs character. Trust me, a MK who wants to run from a character and as at least close to the other guy's skill level will ALWAYS win. On ALL stages not just RC and Brinstar. This is coming from an ex-MK main.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All can be answered with two simple letters...

MM.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
I'd say that would be the other player's incompetence to play against MK (or with him) snake for one shuts down mk pretty easily if you know how to use him, i mean… MK spamming nado is no different than pit spamming his continuous/ fox's gun and dash/ d3's up special/ etc. i think the problem is that there are 'pros' that just can't handle MK because they don't practice dodging him and can't find opportunities to attack because they can't think on their feet quick enough.

And thanks sync., but i understand the tier difference, i just think the real difference is in the capability of the players.

And Tesh, i understand completely the fact that he ruins a large portion of the game's play because of how he widens the gap between similarly skilled players, i just think that people should quit blaming their losses on the character. People should take responsibility, they just aren't as good with their character as the other player is with MK

Tesh

Smash Hero
You have opened my eyes.

"ALSM, Tesh, P4 and Daham, go to TV 5!"

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Daham, I don't think you fully understand how good MK is.

That being said, maybe you're a good player.

I encourage you to MM or at least play friendlies with any MK mains that show up.

You may learn a few things.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
I am good enough to beat everything on intense without dying, nearly have every challenge beat (never really tried for them… just stumbled on 'em) all hard events… etc.… that being said, it is different outside of actual pvp, I know MK is far better than every other character, he just isn't as great as people make him out to be (i know people disagree, i've seen M2K countless times) they kind of just get (solid)'snake-bit' before they ever enter the match, and that is the majority of the problem with MK. (who again… i can't stand based on his lack of projectiles)

Daham1

Smash Cadet
I can add brawl codes whenever i get home this afternoon, and try and keep family off wifi to avoid lag… but i may be going over to a friends house, so idk if i'd be able to be on for that long if i can, but i'll try and find times when i'll be able to if u guys wanna show me just how good MK actually is >;p
MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Also… if everyone complains about MK now… why do they want Krystal for SSB4? It's just gonna be overkill if they add her

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Watching vids is not the same as actually playing someone live while they pressure you.

I believe your opinion on MK is based on your limited experience with good MK players. Once you experience high level MKs, you'll begin to understand.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
RT, you're basically agreeing with my point that it's pressure, not the actual character IN ITSELF, I understand the difference, i know I would probably lose, but I would at least take credit for losing on my own. You're just blaming something that isn't as important towards losing a game as your own fears are. Sorry…

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Daaaang Daham givin that logic ****
Lol, i'm sorry if it hurts anyone's pride (esp. Since I'm only 16) but I'm just posting the way I see it, you don't have to agree if you don't want to. I'm just throwing out a different way of looking at it, it helps me constantly strive to be better :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Again, I don't believe you fully understand how good MK is.

MK has no real bad matchups, he has even matchups at worst.

His recovery is the best and almost breaks the game in itself.

His nado pretty much eats most of the moves in the game.

Most of his moves are quick and have little to no lag.

His Shuttle Loop has an insane amount of knockback for a primarily recovery move.

All his aerials are amazing.

One of the quickest and a small character

His planking is unstoppable.

I could keep going, but there is no need. You can try to convince yourself that MK isn't broken, but he has no limit to what he can do to other characters. Hell, he completely shuts down some characters. There is a reason why he is top tier and is now banned. It took over four years for this to happen, so people have debated this.

It's good you have confidence but don't be overconfident. You will need to learn your limitations. Single-player has absolutely no correlation to how good you are.

But hopefully you can learn something at Hobo.

P4, go play CoD ya poopface.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Okay, i'm not saying he isn't broken, HE IS, i'm just saying that instead of playing as him, people play with worse characters and then blame their losses on the characters… even AFTER THEY PICKED A CHARACTER OTHER THAN MK, make sense of it… PLEASE!!!
(or at least agree that since you can't beat him with a worse character, then you made a BAD DECISION by picking a different character…and therefore have BAD JUDGEMENT about your own skill level… pick one.)

Also, i'm not being overconfident, i know the limits of my abilities aswellas my best and worst characters, i am better with shiek than MK (which is odd, i know) and i am at my worst with Ganon, so I don't bother with him. All i'm saying is that people shouldn't blame all of it on character matchups (ESPECIALLY if they use a character that is lower tier than MK… AGAINST A MK)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've been saying we should all play MK for ages. I'm glad we finally have someone with some sense in the Houston scene now.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
RT is right but it's whatever :) everyone can believe what they want. Anyway, I'm just happy we have a new player :)

Thanks man, I don't disagree with RT, I just don't think that blaming the Character helps ANYONE get better at the game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's not so much blame is it is acceptance.

Most people can accept he is broken.

People can argue otherwise, but they know deep down he has some broken aspects.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Ehh… just said he was broken how many times? I'm just saying that you should blame your inability to choose the better character instead of your inability to fight MK with any other character.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Right...because people knew how the metagame would end up four years ago. :rolleyes:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh lord, you're one of those types...

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Riiiight… I'm just saying I would like to see people play the game it was made, don't worry about banning characters. I think they made a wrong turn by either 1) making MK overpowered 2) giving MK far above average recoveries. I understand he's broken and i wish they would have made him on the same level as oter characters, but clearly he exists, is in the game, and can't just be overlooked. Play him and win, OR GET OVER LOSING.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
If i had the money to waste I might accept, but i don't make bets like that if I can't meet the amounts of money that would result in horrible repercussions on anything in my life, i understand I'd lose, already said that, i'd make a friendly wager of ten or less if you're going though. I'm only 16 lol. Sorry, politely declining with an appropriate 'heck no!' i'll have to hold back on how many MM's i would be willing to do as well, trust me… I REALLY want to accept that offer if i had the money to blow.
Tell you what… gift me a free 1k and i'll take your bet, lol

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You see Daham, I'm from China, and $1000 China money translates to about $10 your American currency

Do you accept or do you accept?

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Aww :( that's too bad… anyways, if ur gonna be there just find me if I'm there and offer me a MM and i'll think about it when i'm there, i don't want to make any promises i can't keep. Also, how about some friendlies over wifi? I'll get on when i can, just send me a private message and i'll tell you if/when i'll be available… should be available tonight and tomorrow :) if it's too laggy i'll quit idc if you guys wanna count it as beating me or whatever… not my fault if it's laggy… i blame the internet :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Try allisbrawl.com. You wont find a wifi match in a tournament thread on this site.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
K ty tesh, i was kinda hoping to face u sync, xyro, etc.
and no xyro… i've been playing since 64, i have all of them owned :) i wish they woulda kept yl over tl and kept roy and ALOT of the stages… but meh, whatever. At least they keep Marth and corneria and a few other things like that. Just wanted to face some pros before i actually go to contest, but ah well.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Daham, you just don't understand that the smog in Houston turns everyone there into a bunch of wimps that have to cry and get their way when they feel threatened by something that barely even exists around them.

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
people play with worse characters and then blame their losses on the characters… even AFTER THEY PICKED A CHARACTER OTHER THAN MK, make sense of it… PLEASE!!!

(ESPECIALLY if they use a character that is lower tier than MK… AGAINST A MK)
I can't get over this. Are you trying to say that it's their fault for picking a character lower tier then the HIGHEST TIER CHARACTER IN THE GAME?!? So let me get this straight, your idea of a tournament is people using metaknight, metaknight, and more metaknight, and if someone decides to use a different character that they enjoy using and want to use, then it's their fault for not picking metaknight and that they should lose? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. Please understand I do mean no hostility, but I just can't put my finger on what you're trying to say here.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
I can't get over this. Are you trying to say that it's their fault for picking a character lower tier then the HIGHEST TIER CHARACTER IN THE GAME?!? So let me get this straight, your idea of a tournament is people using metaknight, metaknight, and more metaknight, and if someone decides to use a different character that they enjoy using and want to use, then it's their fault for not picking metaknight and that they should lose? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. Please understand I do mean no hostility, but I just can't put my finger on what you're trying to say here.
Is he in the game, or not? Discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom