• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Leviticus *12/18/10* ~There Will Be A Lock In~ #Bring Setups# CFL

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
First of all, i believe gg's is a truly competitive level. It may favor chars with chaingrabs like ddd and pikachu and other chars who can dtilt lock etc.. but it only favors. The best evidence i have that this stage is fine is when will beat mikehaze's ddd. Argue all you want that mikehaze has a bad ddd, but the fact is he is an extremely, extremely smart player and no matter what his ddd is good at worse. Getting beat by dk with ddd on arguably one of ddd's top 3 best stages just goes to show you that any matchup is winnable on this stage. And unlike common belief, the ceiling to that stage isnt as low as you might think. The sides are though XD.

As for mansion i thoroughly believe that it promotes circle camping and poses a cave of life scenario, which is truly in the anit-competitive nature. The argument against my beliefs are that you can break down half of the house and therefore prevent the cave of life scenario as well as track down you target better since he will have less platforms to jump around. The bbr was divided with their beliefs on this stage, as well as distant planet.

Distant planet is a hard one due to two big factors. The frog and the sloped edge which can be used for planking and hardcore sharking. With the frog, people were basically upset that the frog was an element that could just instantly change the entire game around by killing someone. The main point that refutes this were things the gg's bomb and the clap trap on japes. Even though you should be airdodging through the blocks and can tech the clap trap.
There have been some quirky glitches found with the frog killing people too. But, you shouldn't be on the frog unless you have been pressured over there. Plus, it con provide the factor of helping you recover. As for the planking and sharking, the stage provides an item for which you can potentially use to hinder the planking. If you are getting sharked there are plats for you to jump on and room for you to safely maneuver around. You can also move to the left part of the screen to avoid getting sharked. And the stage also provides a planking deterrent with the rain. If done incorrectly, you can die real easily from the pressure of the rain. Overall there wasn't any real concrete reason to ban this stage since we never had the chance to gather real evidence as to why this stage needs to be banned.

If you want to know why frigate is used and considered competitive im gonna have to decline explaining this one. It should be blatantly obvious why this stage is a counterpick.

And as for pictochat, the reason its a competitive stage is because all of the hazards can be avoided. If you get grabbed and thrown into a spike or a flower, its truly your fault. You should have known that the hazards where there and should not have approached or approached the way you did. If you were forced into a bad position and hit into a hazard, that the reward that your opponent gets for their good spacing. Getting rewarded for a erad is not anti-competitive. The only part of this stage that really provides any merit for stage ban is where a line is drawn from the left corner to the upper right part of the screen. If someone is trying to recover and that part pops up it blocks the edge and can kill chars needing to grab the edge to live.

i stopped reading after you said will beat my dedede.

gallax

Smash Hero
She's comin', she's comin'.
I def have to cut bad habits and other tech's etc. But it's getting better.
How you been?
Havent really had time to play much but hopefully i will get to a lot on saturday.

i stopped reading after you said will beat my dedede.

mikehaze mikehaze mikehaze mikehaze, name search much? still salty? it was just an example. and i even complemented ur ddd.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
I know but i'll still beat a garbage mk anyday, I can't can't tell if your making a statment or asking a question :/. Also I decided a couple days ago that I am going to pick this **** up and be one of the best pikachu's in the nation because I am 2 ***** gewd when I fell like it.

Mechmainiac

Smash Cadet
I know but i'll still beat a garbage mk anyday, I can't can't tell if your making a statment or asking a question :/. Also I decided a couple days ago that I am going to pick this **** up and be one of the best pikachu's in the nation because I am 2 ***** gewd when I fell like it.
oops its a question

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Do I have to come here without Seibirk, win the thing with only ZSS, then have people complain about her too?
SOunds like fun.
DFEAR, wanna drive me? <3

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Do I have to come here without Seibirk, win the thing with only ZSS, then have people complain about her too?
SOunds like fun.
Nah,....

....cuz I could do that for you.

Better yet, you come here and it'll be the two of us in a ZSS only WF and GF. That's sounds horrible amazing!!!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
SOunds like fun.
ONLY if u make me laugh ONCE...if u do u get to ride for free no gas money charge. im that legit lol///

CRSN

Smash Apprentice
Soooooooooooo how is luigis mansion ANTICOMPETITIVE just how does the mansion stop competition does it stop the tournament or something enlighten me
Just because Zelda's fire balls go through the pillars and almost anything else gets stopped... lol =P

So.........I'm going to try to make this. I had a lot of fun at the first Holy Smash that I went to.
until... *FORWARD SMASH*

all joking aside, i had fun at the first Holy Smash and I'm looking forward to this one

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Mint Chip we have to get our crews together before this event so we can get some games in and learn from each other maybe advance the meta game of our crews

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mint Chip we have to get our crews together before this event so we can get some games in and learn from each other maybe advance the meta game of our crews
I def want in on this.
And Mint...
Although i secretly will always be raging you stole my punchline,
i approve of the Zissou picture.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Mint, bro if you live in Winter Haven you need to come to my house so we can get some practice. I'm tired of just playing my crew

Top Bottom