• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOOTERS BRAWL! - July 31st, 2010 - Casselberry, FL

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I don't know what's going on with NOOB3, since I might be hosting it now it'll probably happen after APEX at my place, but we'll see.

I got word from Alex "Googlemyname" Jebaily that the Hooters in Casselberry, FL is hosting a SFIV and Brawl event on July 31st.

There will be a few setups, but I HIGHLY recommend that you bring some.

Guaranteed payouts are:

1st: $250
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

$10 to enter. NO DOOR FEE w00t!!

Brawl Rules and stuff I will post later.

:D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There was a hooters brawl tourney last night. I was thinking about going but I didn't.

CO18

Smash Hero
******* ******* *******. But for real people come, payouts are nice but I doubt theyll honor it if like only 10 ppl show up

edit: why is ******* censored

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll probably be here. I won free entry to this by winning a playntrade tourney with radix. And that playntrade is sponsoring this.

I'll probably need a teammate. I can still hang with good players I promise!

MGE

Smash Rookie
HUGE HOOTERS...Tournament (Hosted by Cecil & Mobile Gaming Events)

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament

--------->Facebook Event Link<---------

Other Games:
Super Street Fighter IV and CoD Modern Warfare 2

Singles: $10 admission per player

1st $250
2nd $100
3rd $50

Sponsors
Hooters, Play N Trade Oviedo, Century Link, Mobile Gaming Events, Next Level LAN, and Red Bull

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raffling 5 $80 prizes (very nice prizes-details coming soon)
Raffle Tickets are 1 for $2 or 3 for $5

Prizes to be Raffled (More Information Coming)

DJ Hero (Donated by Century Link)
Beer Cooler with Ipod Attachment and speakers (Donated by Budweiser)
Budweiser Grill (Donated by Budweiser)
Prestige Edition Modwen Warfare 2 (Donated by Play N Trade Oviedo)
Red Bull Cases (Donated by Red Bull)
Visa Gift Cards (Donated by Red Bull)
A hug from one of the Hooters Girls (Donated by Hooters)

And More!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Tournament is Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Good, info was posted about this :)

But yeah, you guys DEFINITELY need to go to this. The prize payout is heavily sponsored and there is a SET amount of cash to give out in addition to the door prizes. The cool thing that you'll like is that we're using the seeding points for this one and rewarding points as well. This is going to be the first step in starting a nationwide ladder ranking system and not just a system gigs and now NLL will use. I got big things planned for you guys that I'm going to keep secret for now but it starts with this event. So I hope to see you guys there!

The thing you all need to know is that the events like this is what gets the big ones hosted in Orlando. The more attendance, the more that is given back to you guys.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Not sure If I'm gonna show up for teams but if I do I'd team with you hbox.

I've been to 1 of these hooters tourneys and what worries me the most is lack of setups. They only had 2 tv's for smash. If you have like 40 people show up for this and only 2 tv's its gonna take FOREVER.

Do you know what the setup situation is for this, Cecil?

MGE

Smash Rookie
We are going to have more than 2, we are going to have 4 setups for Smash. That way it won't take that long, There are going to be 12 TV's in total. 4 for each tournament.

Not sure If I'm gonna show up for teams but if I do I'd team with you hbox.

I've been to 1 of these hooters tourneys and what worries me the most is lack of setups. They only had 2 tv's for smash. If you have like 40 people show up for this and only 2 tv's its gonna take FOREVER.

Do you know what the setup situation is for this, Cecil?

Razek

Smash Apprentice
I like the stage list...someone needs to ban RC though keep japes or just ban both not one or the other that'd be gay RC is way too stupid to still be a CP.

and if i'm not mistaken when i went to the PnT they said no teams...mainly because of the other games going on i believe.

Hrnut on Razek's account

Top Bottom