• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 4! 12/18/11 Results! Videos to come in the coming days!

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I'm talking about the certain things that happen at the tournament.
I could care less about losing in brawl. I don't play the game out side of tournaments. I just troll. Lol

Shout outs later.

:phone:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Brawl players?! I heard it was M2K in melee that turned the power off, in fear of losing a match! That, or god was just angry that Tim Tebow let him down.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No Cash and Ranmaru went kinda beast mode, no johns and hope 4? That's like 7 hours away lol.

Edit: Also

lololol
Haha yea. It was a beast weekend... but with a super longggg car ride... lol. But DoH drove all the waaaaaaaaaaay. He's the man.

and Swag lost to M2k and then KrazyKnux.

I like that M2k focused on melee :) Also what happened to Silentswag? Also man I should have rode with Philly ppl to this sigh... See everyone at APEX
Well... Me and Kurt had to sit in a tight, and layed out position to not have our legs fall assleep. Basically, he had to have his legs next to me and mine next to his, to be able to stretch them out. So... you are lucky to not have been there with us xD

13: Ranmaru - we probably did play friendlies, but i don't think we formally met. sup dude, i'm jbro. also i fixed your name here. wooooooo
Nothing much. Nice to meet ya. I'm Ran. And thx haha.

Max?

Smash Champion
ABATE!!! Good **** my dude! Sending those Canadians home without their passports!

Good stuff to Vudujin and the Lake, repping those sexxy characters.

Bracket:

Singles:32 entrants
3: Mew2king ($40.00):metaknight:(Forfeited to focus on melee)
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen. The Metaknight ban might be the single best thing to happen to Smash.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I keep seeing praise for M2K for dropping out of Brawl (by Melee players, obviously). Just saying it should be noted that he basically screwed over a lot of people on the Brawl bracket. Either directly, by beating them in winners bracket, or indirectly through losers bracket MU's.

It didn't matter to me, since I wasn't planning on placing well. I could understand the more serious players, especially ones from out of state being upset over it. If you're going to enter the tournament, then play. Don't screw others out of money. That new rule will probably take care of the problem, so it's nice to see that.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
1: ally ($176.00):metaknight: Good stuff at the tournament, and taking 5 dollars from my Mario... I still don't think the MU is impossible though :p
2: logic ($72.00):olimar::metaknight: had fun doubles friendlies with you, and nice hat
5: Berserker ($8.00):ike: FLYING EAGLE nice seeing you again, you went beast mode here... top 5 Ike
5: goblox the turkey that will kill us all (aka seagull)($8.00) :wolf::metaknight::falco: Was nice talking to you again, too bad I didn't really get to play you before I had to leave
7: the ****(tkck) :metaknight: LOL man I loved the tag... nice seeing you again
7: luckay:pit::pikachu2: Luckay swagging with pika and beating me with arrowless pit /shame
9: M@v:falco::marth: great tournament as always, no fox tho?
9: kazii:falco::metaknight: great talking to you again.. just watching your reactions in all of your matches make me laugh
9: tech chase:warioc: / :dedede: I wanted to friendly your D3, owell.
9: phoenix dark:sonic: Saw your match vs Luckay, was doing pretty well until you got to that third game(I think it was the third game?)
13: SSR:peach: nice seein you again
13: crews:samus2::kirby2: GGs in brackets, chill guy... kirby still gay though LOL just kidding
13: denzi:falco: GGs in bracket, another falco I must avenge myself one of these days
17: lokii:zerosuitsamus: I feel dumb that I didn't introduce myself at the tournament but I was the black guy you asked to give the message to logic after his game finished lol. Nice drawings though
17: jarvitz:zerosuitsamus::lucas: Always nice talking to you... though you still pick the most BS chars to pull out against other people like ROB lol.. but if it works.
17: space thing:lucario: Always getting bracket ***** space thing... always... hit me up one day
17: hari:pit: Nice Pit, and fun friendlies with that comeback against me lol
17: Rain:pit: Nice seeing you again... go on allisbrawl more so I can give you and graphik more info on other tournaments that happen
25: carroll:zerosuitsamus: The man of the hour... still funny that ZSS ditto though.
25: incom:sonic::marth: Nice talking to you again man, always tell me some interesting stuff
25: auspher:wolf: You were here? lol... I always see you on the boards could have been cool to have some friendlies
25: fosho:mario2: level up scrub 0-2? can do better.
25: grafik nice talking to you again and what I said to rain goes double for you :p
25: ninja:sheik::zerosuitsamus: fun friendlies, start using a GC controller :p unless the wii chuck works for you then I dig.
25: lar Nice seeing you again though I don't understand why you went kirby against Phoenix when you main Falco..

other shoutouts:
Boss: fun friendlies... I had to leave before I got to MM your luigi, owell one day man... hella chill guy good **** in doubles
Green Bay Packers: Good **** losing to a bad team
Shoutouts to the power going out for 3 minutes and everyone chanting money back
Shoutouts to Ugg as always

o and for people without characters next to their names...
Lar used kirby against Phoenix... idk who else he used
Graphik also uses kirby
idk about price though... Crews might know

Boofed

Smash Rookie
Hey, M@v, in the melee doubles the team "via and boof" should be "vi" and boof. :p

Thanks for hosting a great tournament!

Vudujin

Smash Lord
GOD-DAM! I love the /HOPE tourneys.

Thank you M@V for hosting!! That venue is the greatest.

Shoutouts later!!!

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
If it matters enough, I used Toon Link in my match against Graphik as well. And as Fosho said, Graphik plays Kirby. Shoutouts later! Really! :p

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
Awesome tourny can't wait for the vids to go up! Love seeing sooo many incredible players so close to home. Had some awesome team matches with Jeff (SIN). Congrats on winning first round in ur first ever tourny!! Aaron (THELAKE) showed us all how much sexier zelda is than peach ;). Jacob (VUDU) is always reppin the best luigi out there but his teammate ABATE was sick too! Awesome matches with IDEA, DOH, and RIDDLEBOX!! You guys are crazy good. And sry we couldn't get a recording set up BOOF, if only you had won that match of rock-paper-scissors :p But don't worry, there's plenty of time just go to more tourny's :D

jbro

Smash Ace
Was M2K vs KK recorded?
It is. Don't believe it's uploaded yet.
If the first few seconds of the match are cut off, my bad. I was put in charge of starting the recording, but M2K/KK said they were gonna **** around/warm up for a minute before starting the set and then didn't, they just went right into it pretty much without warning.

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
So uhh, I forget how the characters work exactly, but I won a game with rob in a set I advanced in, not that it matters much.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job Berserker. Hopefully your time here over the summer contributed.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Nice job Berserker. Hopefully your time here over the summer contributed.
I can't remember how many times I would just think of your advice from TL and MK (those two since the other MUs I had were more familiar/not MK). Really saved me a bit of trouble when I played links' TL, especially. But yeah, I definitely feel exponentially better after taking so many beatings from your Ike XD

links24

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!=
1: ally ($176.00)=Fun MM man even though i didnt want that snake lol ggs (i owe you a dollar).
2: logic ($72.00)=man....ggs ill take into account of what you said and use it to get bettter XD.
3: Mew2king ($40.00)(Forfeited to focus on melee)=didnt get to play ya this time around nice seein ya again.
4: TO joe ($16.00)=man you chill as ever we gotta hang out alot more next time i see ya and yea tell them bout that tink!
5: Berserker ($8.00)=nice ike dude got me to set up the camping tent major hard lol
5: goblox the turkey that will kill us all (aka seagull)($8.00)=we didnt get our MM ;p
7: the ****(tkck)=that mk was alot better than i thought.
7: luckay=didnt get to play ya this time.
9: M@v=fun tourny man keep um coming man.
9: kazii=didnt get to play ya but i saw some games good stuff man.
9: tech chase=fun talkin to ya man thx for the info bout that megabus imma start takin advantage of that.
9: phoenix dark=nice sonic bro.
13: SSR=nice peach too bro.
13: links24=you scrub stick to melee lol.
13: crews=nice meeting ya again man legit samus or shall i say spamus XD
13: denzi=you did alot better this time around you got dis bro! *double thumbs up!*
17: lokii=lol you got dis too! see above^ also nice seein ya and denzi again.
17: jarvitz=keep on working on that ZSS and lucas man you got dis also!
17: space thing=didnt see ya i think.
17: price=man your falco was really different good job.
17: arelo=didnt play ya man.
17: hari=nice meeting ya come to my smashfests sometime if you want some practice or somthing.
17: monty=just keep on practicing and that snake will get there.
17: Rain=nice pit man.
25: carroll=nice seeing ya man keep reppin dat ZSS.
25: incom=nice marth man.
25: tedium=didnt see ya
25: auspher=you avoided me this time XD j/k keep training.
25: fosho=didnt play ya but i like dat mario
25: grafik=didnt see ya i think.
25: ninja=fun matchs they were crazy like i put for hari hit up my smashfests whenever.
25: lar=dont think i see ya man.

all done (i play melee now) ALL LINK ALL DAI!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Pretty much what phoenix dark said about the forfeit but oh well whats done is done, didnt take away from how fun the tourney was :) pittsburgh is so sick! Canadians gotta def come back again! Ill do shoutouts next time
I get to a computer, way too hard on my phone haha

<3

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
2: logic - Your insane troll logic is amazing. Nice to meet ya, and hopefully we'll see you again!
7: the ****(tkck) - GGs in friendlies. You're pretty hard to beat.
7: luckay - Still a thousand times better than me, ha. But hey, not enough Pit mains in the world, so I'm not giving up! GGs, and good job placing in the Top 8. :3
9: M@v - Nice Marth. I really enjoyed that friendly. And you sure know how to run a tourney!
9: tech chase - Ah, even if I HAD managed to time you out, I just couldn't get a lead... Thanks for the match. More experience with Wario is always good.
13: links24 - Let me know whenever you have those Smashfests. I'll see if I can come to a few eventually...
17: lokii - Quite a talented artist you are! :p I should have brought my own sketchpad, come to think of it...
17: jarvitz - GGs fighting those doubles friendlies. I just have to give respect to anyone who plays as Lucas. Why don't enough people know about Mother 3!? D:
17: space thing - Pit and Lucario make a pretty good team, ha. I really like your playstyle. Do you think maybe we could team up for Brawl doubles someday? :p
17: hari - NO MORE SCRUBBERY FOR YOU FROM THIS POINT ON. Got it?
17: Rain - IT'S LIKE I'M PLAYING AGAINST MYSELF. Even though I lost, fighting against you was one of my favorite matchups of the day. Keep at it! Hope to see ya at more tournaments.
25: carroll - Awh, you forgot the stickers. D: Well, nice meeting ya.
25: incom - Didn't talk to you, but I still remember you from before. Ah, we should have fought some friendlies or something. xD
25: tedium - I wish I could have played against your Falco, but oh well! GGs nonetheless. :bee:
25: fosho - Nice Mario. I still have no idea how I pulled off that comeback, but I can't complain, ha.
25: grafik - SO INTENSE. That last match was by far my favorite. "With our powers combined!" Lol. xD You sure didn't make things easy. Thank you so much!
25: ninja - Lern 2 GC controller, lulz.

Anyone else: Sorry if I missed you! I'm not familiar with everybody's gamertag, but I had a blast playing with all of you. I feel like I've really grown since last time. I'm already excited for the next tourney. :D

Top Bottom