• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

Life

Smash Hero
Pirate Ship is awesome. Seriously consider? (Well, Norfair/Japes are more important to me, but y'know, baby steps)

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Darn, Wiz Kalifa and Mac Miller are playing in tha burgh on this day. Looks like I can't make to this :/

Life

Smash Hero
Pirate ship is dumb

Port Town Aero Dive is the best stage in the game.
Kinda split on this post. On one hand, Pirate Ship is an amazing stage and anyone who hates it should feel terrible. On the other hand, PTAD is also an amazing stage and anyone who hates it should stop getting hit by the cars.

Erm...

Get Low

Smash Ace
Mac Miller sucks so bad, haha.
Something stupid always comes up every time there's a Hope tourney, but I'm really trying to make this one.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I might actually show up this time if MK is banned.

M@V, item MM for $20. If you win, keep the cash. If I win, you have to put on an item-legal side event.

Life

Smash Hero
$5 money match. If you win, you keep the money. If I win, I keep the money. :awesome:

Just kidding, I'd love to see Japes/Norfair legal at least though. I don't think I can convince people though...

Life

Smash Hero
On the contrary, they're the most intelligent stages around. Stage interference raises the skill cap, which is a good thing.

To put it another way, Starcraft is played with game speed (or whatever they call it, too lazy to bring mine up and look) set to the maximum setting because it's the most difficult speed to play on and therefore leaves the most room open for skill. Why do Smashers insist on playing easy stages?

...I like this line of thinking. I'll have to pass it to the guys back on Stage Discussion and see what they think.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Like, you said "they're the most intelligent stages around".

And THEN you came up with the reason why. lolol

Life

Smash Hero
To be fair, I have been known to do that. This is like 2008-level stage debating though.

I'd direct any more questions about why I want more stages legal to the Stage Discussion forum (social is probably best)--first, so we don't spam up this thread, and second, because I am not the only one that thinks this way--maybe someone else there could put the argument better than I can.

Life

Smash Hero
Nah man, Sonic's the one that's OP with Smashballs. Super Sonic is pretty much a guaranteed kill, and Sonic's really good at chasing the ball down.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Actually not a huge fan of smash balls. It's just one big move you're supposed to abuse in a single, efficient way. So basically exactly like the rest of non-item Brawl. You can do some awesome stuff with regular items, though.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
true, boys need to work on their item game. My suggestion, play the first minute of a ZSS match over and over again. :p
My favorite part of tourney smash is when I go ZSS and just WRECK someone's first stock with those suit pieces. I always look over, and have to do my best to stifle a laugh when I see the twisted look of pure unbridled item-hating rage on their faces.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm a TO for RAGE, the midwest/pittsburgh regional occuring in july. It would be a safe assumption to think this ruleset will strongly reflect the ruleset we ultimately decide on for that tournament.

M@v

Subarashii!
still figuring that out. Tried to do it at school on photoshop but finals consumed me and didnt have time to use it before I left.

M@v

Subarashii!
Important update: Although the stage list is still not fully decided upon, This tournament is (tentatively) a metaknight BANNED event, singles and doubles.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Important update: Although the stage list is still not fully decided upon, This tournament will be a metaknight BANNED event, singles and doubles.
Isn't this supposed to be a given for all "serious" tournaments now? As in, "Items are always banned"?

Top Bottom