• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll be hyping this thing a lot more once July hits. There's a lot of other tourneys ton be hyped about until then.

M@v

Subarashii!
Bumpity bump :D. Can we get some feedback about the side event? I'm thinking of swapping it for mid tiers or project M. The only problem I have with project M is I dont know if enough people even have it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
custom stage event is dumb imo, so are mid/low tiers

do kirby air ride! or project m i guess...

unknown522

Some guy
damn, bus is looking like $70 round trip (because the bus doesn't go from toronto to pittsburgh, and vice-versa. Requiring that I would have to take 2 busses). Can't make it with current financial status, even though that's not a lot.

Life

Smash Hero
Bumpity bump :D. Can we get some feedback about the side event? I'm thinking of swapping it for mid tiers or project M. The only problem I have with project M is I dont know if enough people even have it.
You all don't even know my mid tier skillz. (
owait /sonic
)

Silly posturing aside, I actually wouldn't mind Kirby Air Ride as suggested earlier, I need an excuse to dig it out again.

I don't have P:M but don't let that be the reason you don't do it.

Carrolfest in the fall? Hype that.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Why you ignoring Kirby Air Ride when it's clearly better than Brawl and Project M?

This spoiler text here to bait you into thinking I'm joking.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its what I'm thinking about. There hasn't been much interest in the custom stage event. And its something both brawl and melee people can enter.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Its what I'm thinking about. There hasn't been much interest in the custom stage event. And its something both brawl and melee people can enter.
Yeah. Ashtabula had a P:M side event with a $1 entry, and 90% of the venue entered.

If the price was like $5, it'd be legit.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've actually known about that concept before OS posted that, but anyway I still feel its going to take way too long. A 30 person bracket in 6 hours is ridiculously bad. I can usually get hopes brackets (usually about 30 ppl) done in 2-4 hours. If it goes into the 5-6 hour range its only because we are down to the point of the bracket where players on waiting on others to finish matches to face winners(ie winners/losers finals and gfs).

M@v

Subarashii!
^ I pointed it out in the RAGE thread, but I am a Penn Stater(going into my last Semester). Berserker (also going to rage) is a penn stater as well. Umbra and jmoan might make it for melee; they're both penn staters.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I'm going to Penn State Behrend (in Erie) for two years, then transferring to University Park the two years after that.

Kinda wanted to meet someone before I move in. lol.

Top Bottom