• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

M@v

Subarashii!
Not really. Mk banned tourneys and mk legal tourneys are like 50-50 nowadays. It is still subject to change. I want to try to have the same rule set for all the pittsburgh ohio tourneys this summer so its easier for people to get ready for each one. If they go mk legal this will turn into a mk legal for the sake of commonality.

I personally have no personal preference if he's banned or not; I attend both mk legal/banned tourneys anyway.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
So basically SBR is the authority for tourney rules except when they say something we disagree with. Okay then.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
what? This has nothing to to with the SBR lol. I'm referring to the midwest and ohio, since we usually go to the same tournaments as them. Also pretty much all of the pittsburgh player's I've asked dont care if mk is banned or not. One or two exceptions, but overall its "meh whatever".

Also the SBR doesn't even HAVE an updated recommended ruleset. The only sort of standard ruleset was the URC, and that's dead now.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ruleset is up for brawl! It is going to be mk legal, based off of the APEX 2012 ruleset, with one notable difference; double mk teams are banned. You are only allowed 1 mk per team!

Melee: I want to look at the FC ruleset in more detail first, but I'm highly interested in running an FC inspired ruleset here. Backup plan is apex 2012 style.

M@v

Subarashii!
FC ruleset is the WHACKest thing ive ever seen.
No.. just.. No..
just the good old regular rules. FC has weird **** like icicle mountain and stupid stages for no reason.
Its that bad in melee too? I wanted to hurl when I saw the brawl FC ruleset.

Its essentially unity but worse.

Life

Smash Hero
based off of the APEX 2012 ruleset Incom should play Melee
Fixed.
Just kidding. Although I'm attending Duquesne in the fall, maybe I should switch to Melee anyway... if I do, I need a new tag, Incom is five letters LOL

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Ruleset is up for brawl! It is going to be mk legal, based off of the APEX 2012 ruleset, with one notable difference; double mk teams are banned. You are only allowed 1 mk per team!

Melee: I want to look at the FC ruleset in more detail first, but I'm highly interested in running an FC inspired ruleset here. Backup plan is apex 2012 style.
Fail. Pass.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fixed.
Just kidding. Although I'm attending Duquesne in the fall, maybe I should switch to Melee anyway... if I do, I need a new tag, Incom is five letters LOL
You could just use an ingame tag that has no relation to your tag.

A lot of people do that and I dont even use the M@v tag all the time. I've used umav? and
^ Z before.

Also, in regards to the melee ruleset, we'll gear it towards APEX style as well since FC is sounding funky.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Fail. Pass.
Does anyone else find it kind ironic that the guy who's like completely anti-rules and think it's dumb when a stage/item is banned... also believes that an entire CHARACTER should be banned? lol

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Does anyone else find it kind ironic that the guy who's like completely anti-rules and think it's dumb when a stage/item is banned... also believes that an entire CHARACTER should be banned? lol
But THIS time he wants to ban something we like, so it's I-RONIC! We are so smart!

M@v

Subarashii!
I got an announcement for everyone =D

Custom Stage Side Event!
The Hope series have been known for innovation, great competition, and most importantly, fun. That trend continues with the introduction of the custom stage only side event for brawl! The best part about this is that YOU can make stages to submit for the final stage list! As of now, I'm looking to have 5 neutral stages and 5 counterpick stages. The only limitation is to make stages what your idea of a neutral or counterpick are. For example, A stage with a flat floor and several platforms, or one of the rotating wheels instead, could be considered a neutral. A counterpick stage could be a similar layout, but instead may have some low edge walls for partial infinites, or a part with ice/spikes to add that counterpick effect to it. These are only 2 examples though. Be creative! I know some people will want to make completely ridiculous and trollish stages, and to honor that, I will allow 1 completely ridiculous outlandish stage in the stagelist, which will be one of the 5 counterpicks. So you better make it nucking futs.

THE DEADLINE FOR STAGE SUBMISSION WILL BE SUNDAY, JULY 29TH AT MIDNIGHT.

The ruleset for this event will be the same one being used for singles. The only difference is that we will be using only custom stages. It will be $5 entry!

Submit stages to me with the stage name, and state whether you want it to be a neutral, a counterpick, or the ridiculous stage. You can submit it to me a few ways:

-Message me on smashboards/aim/skype and we can negotiate a way to send the stage file to me directly.

-Send me a screenshot/youtube video of the stage with some basic instructions so I can rebuild it.

-If we get more than 10 submissions, I will review all the stages and pick the ones I think are the best, along with a couple other people who want to help me. This will help reduce any sort of individual bias. I may build one or two myself, but if we get enough submissions I'll abstain from that.

Can't make the tournament? You can still submit a stage! I plan to credit every single stage that makes the cut to its creator, in attendance or not!

Dust off those custom stage editors and get to it people :D.

M@v

Subarashii!
Also, Im updating the Melee ruleset right now. We're going APEX 2012 ruleset!

EDIT: Melee ruleset updated!

LLDL

Smash Hero
I want to go to this but I keep forgetting pittburgh is 700 miles away lol

Top Bottom