• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Well, the roster for Austin during FotC would've been: Xelic, Tirno, Kal, Reqy, and MT

I'm essentially playing the same role here that Von played before FotC. You were the one who specifically suggested $100, presumably because you were confident with your group.

Austin is confident with its revised group now that AustinRC is back. I don't necessarily see how this translates to a "gambling problem" but that's fine.

Pride match (no money) or money match, 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8, it doesn't matter. We just think it'd be a fun little thing to do at a future tournament.

Cyphus is an O.G. player from Louisiana who came to Austin last month. I'm sure you'll meet him at a future tournament.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Are Sung and Qpac permanently back in Dallas? Sethlon/Sung/Qpac/???/??? are welcome to join in the action as well. Maybe we'll have an inter-city crew battle round robin (again, it doesn't have to be for money).

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Sung has a job not in Texas or something I think. I don't know who that other guy is and yeah we should just let Dallas revive itself and find it's players before we start challenging them to anything as a united city.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
those kinds of bets can be better spent in giving our region its respect back. before we tear each other to pieces, we should tear other states apart.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
That's fine, point taken.

But honestly like kailo said I miss the inter-city rivalries of Austin/Converse/Crystal City/Dallas/etc. of the past.

I think there's this sense that crew battles are always fought with **** waving or malice in mind. That's not really the point, though. The goal is merely to foster good competition. There's also something about the format of a crew battle that (imo) makes for a more hype atmosphere.

It's not as though this is taking the place of our conventional 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 tournaments. It'll just be a fun side event, but I feel like if we don't get some interest beforehand it'll never happen.

If most people in Texas don't care for, then that's fine of course. There's no point in doing an even that only a small minority of pushing for (me, kailo, etc.).

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
That's fine, point taken.

But honestly like kailo said I miss the inter-city rivalries of Austin/Converse/Crystal City/Dallas/etc. of the past.

I think there's this sense that crew battles are always fought with **** waving or malice in mind. That's not really the point, though. The goal is merely to foster good competition. There's also something about the format of a crew battle that (imo) makes for a more hype atmosphere.

It's not as though this is taking the place of our conventional 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 tournaments. It'll just be a fun side event, but I feel like if we don't get some interest beforehand it'll never happen.

If most people in Texas don't care for, then that's fine of course. There's no point in doing an even that only a small minority of pushing for (me, kailo, etc.).
thats why they dont generally happen anymore, the sense of crews in general is gone, they dont really think of crews the same way we do because they werent around and stuff

i mean even if the newer people are for it thats great but they still wouldnt understand, and its nobodies fault.

all they really have to go by is wc and ec **** talking eachother.

it wont ever be like the old days but it would be fun.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Are Sung and Qpac permanently back in Dallas? Sethlon/Sung/Qpac/???/??? are welcome to join in the action as well. Maybe we'll have an inter-city crew battle round robin (again, it doesn't have to be for money).
As far as I know, Sung will be leaving Dallas shortly for work. I honestly don't know who Qpac is; he hasn't shown up to any of the dallas events that I've been too nor has he posted in the Dallas thread. There are a lot of new players in Dallas, but they've got quite a ways to go before they could stand up to the best from the other cities.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Just because I work 40+ hours a week and be on my game doesn't mean I'm off my grind

I'll still tap

Just like houston will.

Srsly tho, 20 a person for 100 overall. I work way to hard to risk a hundred perso

:phone:

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Just because I work 40+ hours a week and be on my game doesn't mean I'm off my grind

I'll still tap

Just like houston will.

Srsly tho, 20 a person for 100 overall. I work way to hard to risk a hundred perso

$20/person works (again, as long as both Austin and Houston are at full strength). 5 v 5 or 8 v 8 (or suggest a # v #)?

Admiral! - if Kal is in Houston then certainly he can be on the Houston crew. If I recall correctly, Kal has never been too big on crew battles in general so it's doubtful that he'd want to participate, but you can always ask him.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was going to say what Kalo said, we're not taking Kal. You can have him if you want him. Scratch that, NEED him.

Updated the OP with Austin tournament information.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
i think 500 dollars in 4 weeks is kind of silly considering broly is MIA and jake has this stupid thing called a life now

i also dont think a 5v5 is reflective of a scene vs a scene in general. especially when i just saw you mention a full 8 capable players essentially fighting for 5 spots

and other than that all id care about is pride and the old passionate rivalvries of houston mag converse austin SA CC and stuff
So johns johns, and basically more johns.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
lol I'm female and should therefore be only concerned with sandwich production. Wow, you are so original.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Also, way to be Houston. You guys are so wack - talk **** all damn day and then someone else comes to talk **** back at you and you clam up like ****ing ****ies. I'm laughing mad hard right now on how weak that is.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
its hard to reply to things like "youve never done anything out of state"
when obviously texas has

and "brawl kids take your money"

when obviously they dont

letting them have their small unearned overreacted victories =/= clamming up

Top Bottom