• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i love how everyone was bashing wifi until anti/adhd started ****** on a national level.

Bandwagons are fun. Then again, i guess it is how it usually goes in competition

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wi-fi is terrible. There.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol, i love how everyone was bashing wifi until anti/adhd started ****** on a national level.

Bandwagons are fun. Then again, i guess it is how it usually goes in competition
adha is chrome pirate. he was known before wifi

Xyro77

Uh uh xyro...everyone regarded as some wifi scrub until he started winning tourneys...

Idk how it happens like that but whatever...Wifi sucks...always has...always will.

Weve just accepted it.
all im saying is wifi wasnt what made him known. he was around and known in melee days

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
GREAT NEWS MY FELLOW SMASHERS!!!! You spoke, AirbrushKing Listened. Play N Trade is now allowing you all to bring your own tvs to play brawl now. NO MORE LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. And the wish upon a star came though today. From now on I would need someone to bring 3 tvs. (Preferably Jerm size 20 inch and under if you can) You will now be at eyes view with the tv so NO MORE STANDING! I hope to see RT,GNES,KIRIN,JOG,TRELA and others there this saturday. Lets make these tournaments at Pnt big now that you all have it your way like burgerking =) Also there is a new rule. If you come late you will have to pay an extra 5$ fee. Its not fair for the people that get there on time to have to wait on the late comers. Please (((BE ON TIME))) Other than that, lets make Pnt FightClub weeklys bigger and better. See everyone there...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah $5 fee is a terrible idea imo, no offense. It should just be that if they're late, they can't enter. Once the tournament has started, no more entrants should be allowed.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
^^Idea: the $5 late fee could go to the tourney pot. So they might have a better chance at winning it back? xD

It encourages ppl to come on time, though, as well as let latecomers still enter and make moar $ from doing so. They should only be allowed to enter if it's still the first round, though.

WOOT I IZ IN A TIER ON TEH AiB LINK BOARDS TIER LIST WOOT!!!!1 :grin:

Xyro77

^^Idea: the $5 late fee could go to the tourney pot. So they might have a better chance at winning it back? xD

It encourages ppl to come on time, though, as well as let latecomers still enter and make moar $ from doing so. They should only be allowed to enter if it's still the first round, though.

WOOT I IZ IN A TIER ON TEH AiB LINK BOARDS TIER LIST WOOT!!!!1 :grin:
go to low hobo

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
A church friend of mine (not rly tho...she's my ex gf :\ I rly don't like her now that I've learned moar abt her) has a graduation ceremony on the same day. I'll try to do what I can to convince my mom to let me not go, but her and her family...OF COURSE...will be going to mine. So yeah, things are looking bleak. Sry if I can't come u guise D':

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Lest we forget that only 2 days ago, our rockets were fully exposed by the lakers on their home court.
Defense has gotta hold it down.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Rockets ftw. It's been going back and forth with the two teams, so I'm hoping the Rockets break it and win this last one.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
UPDATE ON FINAL SMASH 6 RULES

(also, I hope everyone took note of the date change to June 20th/21st. It's a week earlier)

So far the only changes I've made to the rules is banning Luigi's Mansion, Corneria, and Yoshi's Island (Pipes). I've moved to ban DDD's standing cg infinite (wall and normal are allowed still).

I'm up in the air about Grab release infinites. My belief is that in an infinite doesn't require advanced set up, it shouldn't be allowed. Things like the IC's cg require both ICs and Nana to be in the correct position, and you can kill Nana and then there is no cg. Wall infinites require you be in the right position, and no stage left in the stage list has any permanent walls.

Grab Release infinites don't require this set up, much like the DDD standing CG.

However, Nintendofreak pointed out to me that Grab releases do require set ups, although I don't know how deep it really goes.

In summary, if your opponent has to go through a lot of work to get it to work, then they deserve to take your stock. However, since infinites can be used to stall, I think I should propose that you shouldn't be able to use an infinite past 200%. Most characters should die around that percent, within reason, and this should take care of the issue of stalling with said techniques.

So TWO THINGS:

1. If I'm to stick to my guns about the infinites, then do Grab release infinites fit the criteria of needing enough set up so that I don't have to ban them?

2. Does a limit of 200% sound good to prevent the use of infinites as a method of stalling?

Please discuss.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Yeah $5 fee is a terrible idea imo, no offense. It should just be that if they're late, they can't enter. Once the tournament has started, no more entrants should be allowed.
An idea xyro had. If you are late Then you will just have to play the top ranked player that is there at the time first round. How about that idea? Doesnt matter to me about the 5$. I just want to put an end to people being LATE!!!!:mad:

@ Mr. Gnes Yes thats means you all have to provide you own tvs. The more tvs, the faster it gets ran. The more friendlies for later!

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
An idea xyro had. If you are late Then you will just have to play the top ranked player that is there at the time first round. How about that idea? Doesnt matter to me about the 5$. I just want to put an end to people being LATE!!!!:mad:

@ Mr. Gnes Yes thats means you all have to provide you own tvs. The more tvs, the faster it gets ran. The more friendlies for later!
I like the suggestion much better. Shoot, I'd come late on purpose for that one xD.
But on the serious side, this late thing would only work until everybody is in losers/winners bracket. Just a note.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Two things.
1) Fliphop got a 3.6 gpa for the semester. I think that's the Dean's List for 5 classes ^_^;
2) Fliphop enjoys lag. He plays wifi on a LCD HDTV tv. LAG ON LAG ACTION?

jog

Smash Journeyman

I like the idea of making people pay an extra 5 bucks. There's be countless times I've been there on time and had to wait an extra hour or 2 just so 1 or 2 more people could show up. If you can't make it on time then either pay up on don't show up. It's not that hard to show up on time. So lol at the people that don't like that idea, just show up on time and you don't have to worry about it. I mean people have other things to do then just play smash, so why should we have to be punished for other people being late?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
5 Dollar.. 5 Dollar late feeeeeee >__>.

Anyways, I'm still trying to find a venue in the NAWF SIDE to run tournies in. Have some diversity in the Brawlers ya dig :O.

Oh does anybody know of any smashers in the NORTHWEST SIDE OF HOUSTON? I posted it on Gheyfaqs and nobody replied. T_T.

Gnes Lets play Monday or Tuesday next week. I should be available those days if I'm not mistaken.

For the PnT tourney, I'll see if I can make it.

Wifi is fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, I don't have a car today, so...I'm totally going to depend on Gea to give me a ride to jog's. If he decides not to go, then...

Gnes

Smash Master
5 Dollar.. 5 Dollar late feeeeeee >__>.

Anyways, I'm still trying to find a venue in the NAWF SIDE to run tournies in. Have some diversity in the Brawlers ya dig :O.

Oh does anybody know of any smashers in the NORTHWEST SIDE OF HOUSTON? I posted it on Gheyfaqs and nobody replied. T_T.

Gnes Lets play Monday or Tuesday next week. I should be available those days if I'm not mistaken.

For the PnT tourney, I'll see if I can make it.

Wifi is fun.

I start work next week asshat :( But we may be able to play...idk...well see what happens...come to Pnt so ic an **** u :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
King Mosquito, grab release infinites really depend on the character.

Marth on Ness for example is a lot different than Yoshi on Wario, which is also slightly different than Bowser on Wario, which is also different than Ike on Wario.

Marth on Ness, it's fairly simple. You pummel Ness to force him to the ground, then regrab him. If done correctly, Ness cannot escape it. All he can do is shorten the infinite by using EIDI to move himself further from Marth after the release.

Yoshi on Wario is very complex. Technically, Wario can get out of it til about 50%. Past that, Yoshi can infinite him like normal. It can take awhile though.

Bowser on Wario is kinda complicated. He can infinite Wario from both an air release and a ground release. Bowser can technically ground release infinite every character in the game except Donkey Kong, who recoveres from lag at the same time as Bowser. Bowser however does not pummel fast enough to force characters to ground release, and as a result they can jump break away from him.

Ike on Wario is complecated as well. Wario can get out of it until probably 50% as well. Ike here, if he wants to do an infinite that does any damage, has to pummel Wario to put damage on him. Each time he pummels Wario, it gives Wario a chance to break to the ground. However, at high enough %'s, Ike can easily get away with doing one pummel or two pummels per grab. This, combined with the grab release animation, takes a REALLY long time though. Also to note is that when the pummel's go stale, and do only 1% per hit, then it takes even longer to rack up damage.

Basically, if both players understand what they are doing when it comes to grab release infinites, it would take a really long time to reach a high %. I think grab release infinites and regular infintes, if they are to be banned, is because of how long they take/possible stalling involved. As far as Dedede's normal CG and wall CG are concerned, 200% is fine because the infinite is fairly fast. However, banning grab release infinites would probably be more appropriate because there is a bigger problem with stalling regarding those than Dedede's CG.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
EIDI doesn't really exist lol. That was debunked awhile ago. As for time purposes, that's why there is a time limit on the games. TO's should schedual by the worst possible scenrio when running tournaments, which is every match going to time. It's not hard to do actually.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
nooo you guys have to come! you guys didn't come last week and i can't go to PnT tomorrow :(
Worst case scenario, I won't be able to head over until like 7-8. I'll talk to Gea and see what he wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom